League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   [Guide] Checklist for the win (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=47357)

Bait 01-15-2010 07:20 PM

[Guide] Checklist for the win

List of things good players often don't do because they are lazy.

Part A. Your Team:
A1. Team Composition
Necessary elements:
-Tank
-Mage (AoE Nuker)
-Physical DPS
-Stuns
-Other CC

A2. Lanes
Jungler in team:
-Make sure there's a good allied champion for a 2v1 lane.
-Make sure the good ally TAKES the 2v1 lane.
-If you have a Blitzcrank, Alistar, Rammus, or Poppy on your lane, there are advantages to letting other team push early. Try to farm using last hits only.

A3. Summoner Spells
-Make sure someone has Rally
-Make sure someone has Clairvoyance (submitted by Fbsunny.)

A4. Aura Items
-Make sure someone builds Aegis. Make sure there's no multiples of this item.
-If your team has many physical DPSers (3 or more) then make sure someone builds a Stark's Fervor. Also make sure there aren't multiples of this item.
-If your team has many magic DPSers then make sure someone builds a Soul Shroud. Make sure there are no multiples of this item.
-If your team has many magic Dpsers then make sure someone builds Abyssal Scepter. Make sure there are no multiples of this item. (submitted by Fbsunny.)

A5. Other Items
-Make sure somebody buys wards. Vision wards if there is a Twitch or Evelynn on the other team, Sight wards otherwise.
-Make sure somebody wards the dragon and Baron Nashor when the time is right. Lvl 5+ for dragon and 10+ for Baron Nashor.
-Oracle potions on player with high survivability if there is a Twitch or Evelynn on other team. Possibly for Shaco as well.

A6. Reminder to team
-Call MIAs.
-Ping before gank.
-If sufficient notice is given before a gank, let your lane be pushed toward your tower. This way you have more room to chase.

Part B. The Enemy Team:
B1. Team Composition
-Check Ratio of Magic to Physical Damage. Declare to your team the preference for armor and magic resist if the ratio is lopsided.
-Check for Area of Effect damage and crowd control spells. This will determine your formation. If there is a lot of area of effect spells, then choose a loose formation.
-Check for healers. If there are 2 or more healers, make sure somebody builds Executioner's Calling later on.

B2. Lanes
-If the enemy has a jungler then be aggressive on the 2v1 lane, the usual plan is to use brushes to harass hard. Try to let enemy team push in beginning and keep attacks on minions to last hits only. Even if you have AoE spells for farming minions such as Sivir's Boomerang, Corki's whatever, don't use it until your opponent dies.
-If the enemy has a Shaco who jungles. Harass at their lizard at start.
-If the enemy has a Fiddlesticks who jungles. Harass at their golem at start.

B3. Summoner Spells
Check for the following:
-Clairvoyance
-Rally

Keep track of who has the following:
-Smite - Very likely to be a jungler.
-Flash - Harder to gank, wear down before kill. Target those without Flash for early ganks.
-Ghost - Harder to chase, wear down before kill.
-Exhaust - Extra dangerous opponent.

B4. Items
-Executioner's Calling - Hard on healers.
-Check for low defense and health. Rank the targets.
-Check for high damage. Rank the targets.
-Check for Oracle Potions and Wards.

If you would like to add anything, please post and I'll give you credit.

Fbsunny 01-15-2010 07:26 PM

Only other thing I can think of item wise would be abyssal scepter for high spell AoE teams. (A4)

Edit: Also Clairvoyance in A3.

Bait 01-15-2010 08:21 PM

added abyssal.

the clairvoyance i didn't add because i didn't think it was important. added it anyway.

Xirus 01-15-2010 08:23 PM

I'm not an awesome player, but surely there is some threshold where someone on the team should have frozen heart? If the enemy team has a physical carry and one other physical DPS, frozen heart will mitigate a lot of damage?

Bait 01-15-2010 08:28 PM

nope. frozen heart sucks in most cases.

ive seen games where people won with frozen heart but never because they had a frozen heart. given the right conditions, it's good on some heroes. but overall, it's a weak item.

riot put up a much better version of FH on the test servers. but they decided not to implement it. result = frozen heart is useless on characters dps. it's only useful against physical dps from casters ; ; (assuming those casters DON'T have sheen/lichbane).

Necrax 01-18-2010 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bait (Hozzászólás 523868)
nope. frozen heart sucks in most cases.

ive seen games where people won with frozen heart but never because they had a frozen heart. given the right conditions, it's good on some heroes. but overall, it's a weak item.

riot put up a much better version of FH on the test servers. but they decided not to implement it. result = frozen heart is useless on characters dps. it's only useful against physical dps from casters ; ; (assuming those casters DON'T have sheen/lichbane).

would you mind further explaining the uselessness of FH? i don't get "result = frozen heart is useless on characters dps. it's only useful against physical dps from casters" this part somehow.

nice guide. should be shown on the starting screen of LoL, hypnotize the player to be forced into reading it :/

in combination with some other "general playing guides" that is...

Bait 01-18-2010 07:25 AM

frozen heart gives additive attack speed reduction.

physical carries generally have fairly high attack speed. for a person with an 80% attack speed bonus, a
-25% isn't going to do anything. casters who delve in physical attack tend to have lower attack speed and therefore more susceptible to frozen heart.

if you want to reduce physical damage on yourself AND need a huge mana pool, then frozen heart is good.
if just need survivability from physical damage, frozen heart gives too much mana and is too costly.
if you want a good physical damage reduction aura, frozen heart is not worth it.

Bait 01-19-2010 12:47 AM

i just noticed i forgot the most important thing. CALL MIA. no matter what your elo range, stupid players don't call mias. tracking enemy movement = crucial.

Kadzin 01-19-2010 01:27 AM

Nice guide
I think it should be "sticky"ed