League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Where are the Healers? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=46802)

Pylat 01-14-2010 02:54 PM

Where are the Healers?

As a vivid supporter of Dota ROC (the very first dota game) i am a bit disappointed not to se any dedicated support healer in the game. Other arena games like Guildwars and WoW seems to have incorporated healing classes that can actually keep your team alive to a reasonable extend, casting an number of different damage mitigating spells and direct healing spells on allies.

specifically i think the idea of Holy light / vs deathcoil (warcraft 3) fits very nice into this theme. its a direct heal spell combined with a nuke, that heals 200/400/600, and damage for the half amount 100/200/300 on enemy targets.
I dont know what the balance should be for LOL, but IMO, there is a need for a healing spell with more healing power than an equivalent nuke.

This will add an additional layer to teamfights, and you will be forced to penetrate enemy lines or divide the enemy team in order to take down the healer, to efficiently stop a push.

Noth 01-14-2010 03:06 PM

Healers off the top of my head. Soraka, Taric, Kayle, Alistar, Nidalee, Jana. Soraka is the closest to a pure healer.

there was a point where healing just dominated games. Now it is nice in the laning phase but not truely needed.

JunkRamen 01-14-2010 03:28 PM

I felt the same way when I first started playing LoL, coming from RoC DotA where lacking PD/SR meant you had to call for a rematch at the start of the game. Strong healing would require a rework of damage rates, cooldowns, and building health though. Champions like Taric and Alistar can already keep a push going for a long time.

killd0zer 01-14-2010 03:33 PM

I love healing, but it is hard to balance, something that heals for 50% or Alistar hp, would almost fully heal a yi. However i support the idea of non op healing.

Pylat 01-14-2010 04:09 PM

@noth

I only played soraka, taric and alistar, and out of those, id say soraka only vaguely qualifies for the healer role.

alistars heal is a soft heal, you can compare it to juggernauts healing ward.
tarics heal is a joke, like omniknight, only it does not do damage.

As i understand it, the best way to ensure survival of your team, is to stack mass HP and armor on your tank, and hope you destroy the enemy team in the team fight before you collapse.

I just want a skill that can "save" a champion that is getting focused down in these fights. with the current balance, 300(+1) health just dont cut it.

Something like protective spirit, healing hands or spirit bond (guildwars) would be a welcomed addition.
- A skill that caps the amount of damage you can take per second for a short period of time (fx, you can only take 5% of your max health in damage each second for 5 seconds.)
- for the next 10 seconds, whenever a source deals damage to target, target get healed for XX.
- for the next 10 seconds, whenever target take more than 100 damage from a single source, target is healed for 150.

Nayuki 01-14-2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pylat (Hozzászólás 517594)
@noth
alistars heal is a soft heal, you can compare it to juggernauts healing ward.
tarics heal is a joke, like omniknight, only it does not do damage.

wait...WHAT!? No, it is not, it's freaking 270+.9 ap (**** good!) that heals his target, and ALSO heals him for 100% of what his target gets. If he heals himself it gets a beefy +40% boost so heals himself for, at base AP, 378 health for 130 mana (I admit, the mana should be lowered a bit).

It can be done every 12s with CD down, and every time he attacks it takes another 2s off of it. Even with modest AP you could see him very easily doing a +500 to an ally and himself every 10s. That is a GREAT heal!

Edit: Also, your idea - Riot has stated quite emphatically they do NOT like the idea AT ALL of abilities that will turn damage into healing or vice versa.

Edit 2: On a side note, any idea how much ap/mana it would take for Soraka to do that sweet ass +1000 heal? >.>

160 mana per cast, 9s CD, so assume she'll have that at 5s. Needs 33 less AP than Taric due to her +30 heal. She will thus do +500 every 5s, but needs to cast twice to do it so will take 10s to heal two targets for 500 each, cost 60 more mana, but will give an armor buff...But by this time Taric can cast again for +1000 while Soraka is on 5s CD...

-blinks- Wow, Taric may be able to out-heal Soraka...

AsherZaine 01-15-2010 07:36 PM

taric and soraka is probalby the best healers I have pushed a entire team with soraka she has the most op skill in the game infuse it heals your mana or a team mates mana or it damages a enemy and silences um and wish combined with heal can heal a team 1k plus. I play soraka quite a bit and usally when i do my team wins. As for taric never did a ap build with him but stacking two archmages staff and getting 4k plus mana sounds really cool and using your ultimate forever. Add me and I will heal for you :D

BenKen0bee 01-15-2010 09:51 PM

Aeon of Strife was the first 'DOTA' game of this kind, for Starcraft.

I imagine more healing oriented skills will be implemented in the not so distant future.

VMan7 01-15-2010 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nayuki (Hozzászólás 517701)
160 mana per cast, 9s CD, so assume she'll have that at 5s. Needs 33 less AP than Taric due to her +30 heal. She will thus do +500 every 5s, but needs to cast twice to do it so will take 10s to heal two targets for 500 each, cost 60 more mana, but will give an armor buff...But by this time Taric can cast again for +1000 while Soraka is on 5s CD...

-blinks- Wow, Taric may be able to out-heal Soraka...

The name of the game is burst, and Soraka burst healing > Taric.

Nayuki 01-15-2010 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VMan7 (Hozzászólás 524445)
The name of the game is burst, and Soraka burst healing > Taric.

-confused- Wait...For the same AP Taric can heal nearly 2x what Soraka can in a single 'burst' of healing from default heal spells.

If we throw in the ult then, yes, Soraka becomes the better healer for burst but Taric's ult has such a sickening additional effect (the +damage) that the nice rapid heal aura included is more a perk.

Still, no, Soraka's burst healing does not really do much to out-gun Taric's, it is simply more versatile - a smaller heal on a shorter CD. In the vast majority of cases Wish will not see a truly effective use, being used to 'save' someone that Astral Blessing just isn't enough for and only giving a very modest heal to the others in the team who are not being focus fired. While with Wish Soraka does out-burst heal Taric the amount is not at all what one could call overwhelmingly in her favor and when ult is on CD -Taric- will do the better burst heal (+540 every cast (270+270) or +378 (himself), every 12s vs +300 every cast, every 5s with only -40% CDs and Taric using no auto-attacks).