League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Heimer Rocket thread (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=45795)

vvolfster 01-12-2010 05:26 PM

Heimer Rocket thread

Everybody complain about the heimer glitch in here so Riot staff can fix it quick. And everybody keep using the exploit so more people complain and thus, it gets fixed sooner. Cheers!

Grake 01-12-2010 05:28 PM

I use heimer occasionally, never used it. I rarely face a heimer, and when i do, they don't exploit either.

Maybe it's just me, or maybe its because I'm not in some high-competition level in solo queue matchups, but i think for the maybe .5% of games it ruins, people should be a little more sympathetic to riot. They've made verbal contact and agreements.

vvolfster 01-12-2010 05:31 PM

That's all fine but its use is so simple that you can do it accidentally. So I'm fairly certain you've done it without realizing it. Whenever you're spamming spells.

smithz 01-12-2010 06:29 PM

And I think it's gonna be a long long time
Till touch down brings me round again to find
I'm not the man they think I am at home
Oh no no no I'm a rocket man
Rocket man burning out his fuse up here alone

Grake 01-12-2010 06:32 PM

And I think it's gonna be a long, long time
And I think it's gonna be a long, long time.

Yup, direct quote from lyrics page.

Bloodba7h 01-12-2010 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvolfster (Hozzászólás 506416)
Everybody complain about the heimer glitch in here so Riot staff can fix it quick. And everybody keep using the exploit so more people complain and thus, it gets fixed sooner. Cheers!

I'm not sure if you were there for the last time someone was inciting people to abuse a game mechanic so it would get fixed sooner. If you were, you'd probably not have posted that.

devined 01-12-2010 06:34 PM

Whats the glitch? I havent seen/heard of it.

neojb1990 01-12-2010 06:35 PM

Fixing this exploit is only half of the solution. His rockets do way too much damage early game. That 330 would be fine and dealable with but since he can get the damage early game, it basically shutdowns whoever he is laning with. No other skill that I can think of can do so much damage so quick and with such a short cooldown. Now if it is intended for his rocket to deal that much damage, then we'll have to deal with it. But It has to have been an oversight. There is no logic as to why you can be doing 300+ damage at will within the first 10 minutes of a game to multiple champions at once.

So my issue isn't so much with the exploit but with the skill doing way too much damage. I played game that lasted about 15 minutes, we won and I didn't even use the exploit. Made the team surrender after I soloed 2 of their champions and the rest died by my teammates.

EDIT- To those who don't know what the glitch is, it's when heimer can hit one champion with two rockets instead of the one.

Grake 01-12-2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devined (Hozzászólás 506714)
Whats the glitch? I havent seen/heard of it.

either have 99% of the players who dont lurk forums.
Its so rarely abused that it's pathetic, and yet the two people who experience it rain a ****storm on forums, making it sound like it ruins the game experience entirely.

Dont worry about it. You'll never face anyone who abuses it. It's uncommon to the point of borderline myth.

FuzzeWuzze 01-12-2010 06:59 PM

So because its not effecting you it doesnt matter that people are cheating?

And for the record, using certain skills/summoner skills together with his rocket allow them to do double damage.

This allows him to do like 500-600 dmg every rocket cast at like level 4 with nearly zero AP. And the range is so long you basically cant lane against him.