League of Legends Community
12345 ... 7

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Champion Tiers (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=45619)

Baron Corm 01-12-2010 09:23 AM

Champion Tiers

Edit: Changed everything to arrange each champion according to their role, to make things easier to see. Now, ideally, a team composed of those from Tier 1 should stomp a team composed of those from Tier 2, and likewise between Tier 2 and Tier 3.

Because some have asked for my justifications, here they are.

I generally look at two things: a champion's early-game capabilities, in the form of healing and/or harassing, and a champion's late-game capabilities, in the form of snowballed power level and/or AoE disables. The tiers are based around how strong each champion is in these areas. A champion could also have something unique and helpful which can bump him up a tier.

Please, when commenting, give constructive criticism about why you believe a champion belongs in a certain tier.

Melee Physical DPS

Tier 1 - Shaco, Udyr
Tier 2 - Tryndamere, Master Yi
Tier 3 - Jax, Warwick

Ranged Physical DPS

Tier 1 - Twitch, Corki
Tier 2 - Tristana, Sivir, Teemo
Tier 3 - Ashe

Magical DPS

Tier 1 - Annie, Fiddlesticks, Anivia, Nunu
Tier 2 - Ryze, Kassadin, Morgana, Veigar, Katarina, Gangplank, Karthus
Tier 3 - Evelynn, Zilean, Heimerdinger, Soraka

Tank

Tier 1 - Cho'gath, Alistar, Malphite, Nassus
Tier 2 - Blitzcrank, Taric, Rammus, Singed
Tier 3 - Dr. Mundo, Amumu

Hybrid

Tier 1 - Twisted Fate, Kayle
Tier 2 - Sion, Nidalee
Tier 3 - Janna

Mpalm 01-12-2010 09:28 AM

Terrible list. Don't make these.

Ramayana 01-12-2010 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpalm (Hozzászólás 504423)
Terrible list.

Sums my thoughts up nicely.

Baron Corm 01-12-2010 09:35 AM

Obviously there are many misplaced champions, hence why I created this thread. Please don't derail it.

Zeero 01-12-2010 09:57 AM

this is just a bad bad list. Nassus is "usable"? Trynd is just "usable"? that's funny.

ChocoKitten 01-12-2010 10:00 AM

Your teir 4 and 5 heros all can be used to great effectiveness in the right teams. Goodness, you could make a team up of only heros from those two lists and be pretty well off. Ill try a rough list here

2 tanks - warwick or amumu (depending on how much you need CC) and Mundo
throw in gangplank for some good aoe and burst
eve or jaxx for single target
and end it with a nice does of morgana or karthus for more aoe fun.

judging by that line of thought i like Amumu, Mundo, Jaxx/eve(which ever the player is more compitenet with, Karthus, gangplank

the amount of aoe dmg,slow,stun combined with jaxx and eve single target makes the team function collectively pretty well in theory with good players.

Making a good team composition in dota,lol,hon as the game progresses really favors characters that can provide significant aoe threats. Think of LOL in its current meta. 4-5 man squards from like 7 or 12 till end game. These groups then meet other groups. When half of your heros open up with something that hits EVERYONE and your carries pick off the straglers, you are at an advantage compared to teams that have alot of single target dmg. Stun,slows, snares, silence. CC is the law of the land, carries are just there to take out the trash :D, and boy do they do it well. Its been said before good tanks and support with their aoes win games even though they dont have steller K/D's

Choco.

In fact id woudlnt mind playing that team right now, looks like a load of fun :D

Tyrfang 01-12-2010 10:03 AM

Technically there's two types of tier lists. A personal tier list based on your own experiences, and a tournament tier list based on the general usage in competitive play.

That said...Shaco/Yi aren't really God Tier. Your Top Tier and Usable Tiers are huge and feel pretty random.

Zilean is top tier? Really?

Number9 01-12-2010 10:13 AM

Links to comp. tier list?

unentschieden 01-12-2010 10:14 AM

It would really Help if you had added a small comment to each Champ justifying it´s position. What drops Amumu to "Unusable"? He isn´t as powerfull as he used to be but he certainly isn´t comparable to Evelynn who has the unfortunate equation of Squishy+Melee-Escape=Garbage.

Tyrfang 01-12-2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number9 (Hozzászólás 504607)
Links to comp. tier list?

There isn't one, yet, because there is no real competitive tournament scene...

I'm sure the Council probably has an approximate list on their forums somewhere, but we peons don't have access to it.