League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Twitch really that OP? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=45347)

Vyain 01-11-2010 12:43 PM

Twitch really that OP?

So i came to this game just under a week ago. A friend told me this was dota 2.0 and everything was a lot more balanced. so far i love the game, but it seems as if there is a twitch in every single game i play, and almost every single game this twitch has about 20ish kills and 2-3 deaths.

Now, i know some people are just good, but every twitch getting 20+ kills every game? Im getting to the point where its not even worth playing games if there is a twitch in it.

Like i said, im new here so maybe i have just had bad experiences, but something tells me the character needs to be redone.

On a side note, cant wait till i get 6300 IP so i can experience these 20+ kill streaks while rolling my face across my keyboard

catfish5554 01-11-2010 12:47 PM

when you play twitch, you will find out twitch is not that OPed.

PrawnWonton 01-11-2010 12:51 PM

Against all stealthers, the majority of players choose to stick their head in the sand, refuse to buy wards/oracles, and hope they don't get attacked. This, of course, never happens. Then then come to the forums to whine about it.

Twitch capitalizes on people's stupidity. Since stupidity is rampant, Twitch has the illusion of being over-powered.

Sedon 01-11-2010 12:52 PM

To me, the reason he is op is not that he makes teams who are already winning win harder. (which he does, but all carries really do this)
To me, the reason he is op is because you can be a losing team. I mean you can completely tell your team is supposed to lose beyond a shadow of a doubt. Then all of a sudden some mediocre twitch who has been failing whole game so far kills 3-4 members of their team in one ultimate pushing your team to victory. He is the only character who can single handedly surprise both sides by turning the tide of the match entirely.
I've seen this happen multiple times, and so have people I play with.

catfish5554 01-11-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sedon (Hozzászólás 501470)
To me, the reason he is op is not that he makes teams who are already winning win harder. (which he does, but all carries really do this)
To me, the reason he is op is because you can be a losing team. I mean you can completely tell your team is supposed to lose beyond a shadow of a doubt. Then all of a sudden some mediocre twitch who has been failing whole game so far kills 3-4 members of their team in one ultimate pushing your team to victory. He is the only character who can single handedly surprise both sides by turning the tide of the match entirely.
I've seen this happen multiple times, and so have people I play with.

twitch do have the ability to turn the tide, but only under certain conditions. if you play with twitch on higher tier, you will know.

EvilErnie 01-11-2010 01:01 PM

Ahhh, I love these posts. Love them love them! The same thing can be said of sooo many heros and I witness a Jax going 32-4 or an Anivia or *insert hero name here* and I think man I can't wait to play that hero and copy their inventory..... I get roflstomped alot of the times....

I play Twitch alot and consider myself fairly good with him but I assure you if he doesn't have a good early game he is near useless the rest of it and he is easily (arguably) shutdown if the team works together, left unchecked and a twitch will destroy you.

Had a good friend complain about me always getting the kills and playing easy mode twitch and yada yada and so he played twitch for a few games and well..... it wasn't pretty and he learned the hard way twitch isn't exactly easy mode. Seen a pro Nidalee lately? Or Udyr? Most of the time they are fine but I've seen a few lately that give me nightmares to this very day!

Pharmacologist 01-11-2010 01:02 PM

Useless redundant thread is useless.

cutyohairfoo 01-11-2010 01:03 PM

Twitch is made of paper, he's not that bad.

Just buy wards.

catfish5554 01-11-2010 01:06 PM

heim owning me recently, i heard its a bugs, but omg heim much OPed compare to twitch.

Sedon 01-11-2010 01:08 PM

I need to clarify something for you guys. In a couple of the twitch crazy games I've been in I was on the losing side. I know for a fact that the twitch was a bad player. All he knew was to stand out of range of oracles and blow s&p right after the team attacked so they wouldn't target him immediately. By the time they get to him they are dead. By the time they run away they are too low to return to kill him. It's the range that is the issue. Not to mention how gay it is that he can s&p towers from out of range and get them down.

Your whole team having to change how you play due to to one champ is kind of ridiculous. I'm not sure why people think he has to be completely rolling to be able to pull this off either. I've seen negative twitches triple/quad a team and turn it around, without the team even helping him do anything. I don't think that should be possible.

Again most of these games have been when I solo queue and I'm on the twitch's team.