League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 17

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   [Guide] Sivir the Battle Mistress - A Comprehensive Guide (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=451002)

Subdue 01-16-2011 10:05 AM

[Guide] Sivir the Battle Mistress - A Comprehensive Guide

Lately I’ve been finding myself posting in a lot of Sivir threads, and a lot of the same issues keep coming up, so I decided to compile all of that knowledge in a single post for everyone’s benefit. In this guide I hope to cover all of the facets of building and playing Sivir successfully, and I will continue to update the guide as new topics and questions arise.

Pre-game Setup

Masteries
: I’ve found the most effective setup for Sivir’s masteries to be 0/21/9. Sivir’s auto attack range is significantly shorter than most of her counterparts, meaning she has to move significantly closer to enemies in team fights and minions in the laning phase. Building up to the cap stone in the defense tree allows her to do so with relative ease. It also allows her to open with a Meki Pendant instead of a Doran item with little consequence to survivability. The offensive tree does not do much for Sivir over the course of the game. She benefits very little from critical strike chance and critical strike damage, only her Boomerang does magic damage, and with her farming ability she’ll do so much item based damage that the capstone, while definitely nice, is not especially exciting. The utility tree is generally good on all champions, but in Sivir’s case she simply benefits more from early game hardiness. The cooldowns on her abilities are not particularly long, and she’s not as reliant on summoner skills since she has a built in Ghost and Banshee’s Veil. She does however make strong use of the experience boost, as well as the boost to Teleport and health and mana regeneration, all of which are early in the tree.

Runes: I’ve found the best combination of runes to be attack speed Marks, dodge Seals, Mana Regeneration Glyphs, and attack speed Quintessences. The dodge Seals and Mana Regeneration Glyphs are fairly straight forward. Dodge works well with her passive and Mana Regeneration synergizes with an early Chalice of Harmony early game and can sustain her mana needs entirely late game. For Marks and Quintessences there are a couple other choices that are potentially effective: armor penetration and attack damage. However, of those two only attack damage helps with dropping early turrets, one of Sivir’s early game goals, and the other modifies it by a flat amount, while attack speed enhances it by a percentage. Also equally important to note, there are few attack speed items in the game that do not come with useless modifiers for Sivir, and thus cause her to waste gold. In combination with only Berserker Greaves, attack speed Marks and Quintessences put level 18 Sivir’s attack speed at 1.6 and her attack speed during On the Hunt at 2.3.

Summoner Spells
: I personally run Teleport and Flash. Teleport allows you to disappear from a standoff in one late to crush a tower elsewhere while your team defends. It also allows you to stop an early game push on an undefended tower in 2 seconds with your fast minion clearing. It’s an all around strong spell for any champion that can push and take turrets faster than enemy players can respond. Flash is nice because in combination with On the Hunt’s speed boost and Spell Shield, it allows Sivir to get out of most sticky situations, even without the use of common defensive items like Mercury Treads and Banshee’s Veil. The only summoner spells I’d use in place of either of these are Ghost as an extra escape or chase mechanism if you find On the Hunt isn’t enough, and Exhaust because Sivir lacks a built in crowd control spell.

In-Game Build

Skill Progression
: I strongly believe in building up Boomerang Blade early on, as that is when it is most effective. Even though it now scales with attack damage, it will represent a relatively small portion of your late game damage in team fights compared to the early game. In contrast, Ricochet will represent the least of your early game damage in team fights, and the most in the late game. Note that I delay grabbing her ultimate until level 8 in favor of an extra level in both Boomerang Blade and Ricochet. Generally Sivir will reach Level 8 before most champions, and team fights will not have started breaking out before then. She also will not yet be able to do significant damage to turrets before then, which is when she’ll first want to start using On the Hunt. By raising Boomerang Blade and Ricochet an extra level, she has an easier time quickly clearing the oncoming minion wave and then sweeping the jungle for wolves and wraiths. Also note that I don’t take the last level of Ricochet until the very end. The last hit is for very little relative damage, and in general you will benefit more from a lower cooldown on Spell Shield at that point.

Level 1: Boomerang Blade
Level 2: Spell Shield
Level 3: Boomerang Blade
Level 4: Ricochet
Level 5: Boomerang Blade
Level 6: Ricochet
Level 7: Boomerang Blade
Level 8: On the Hunt
Level 9: Boomerang Blade
Level 10: Ricochet
Level 11: On The Hunt
Level 12: Ricochet
Level 13: Spell Shield
Level 14: Spell Shield
Level 15: Spell Shield
Level 16: On the Hunt
Level 17: Spell Shield
Level 18: Ricochet

If you find yourself playing against someone who routinely harasses you well using spells, it may be beneficial to take earlier levels in Spell Shield. Usually you can compensate with safer play and stick to the script, but this is always an option.

Item Build
: There are two main ways to build Sivir: Damage Heavy Squishy and Durable DPS. Which build is optimal is decided by the make up and skill level of both your team and the enemy team. If your team has the necessary tools to protect you, such as strong competent tanks and crowd control spells, your best bet is to be a Damage Heavy Squishy. If on the other hand the enemy team has the necessary tools to get past your team’s defenses, such as strong assassin type champions, or generally beefy champions that will run past your tanks, Durable DPS is the better choice.

Damage Heavy Squishy Item Progression:
Meki Pendant > Chalice of Harmony > Boots of Speed > B.F. Sword > Berserker Greaves > Blood Thirster > Last Whisper > Blood Thirster > Blood Thirster

As you can see the main focus of this build is to stack your damage and rely on your team for protection in the team fights.

Durable DPS Item Progression:
Meki Pendant > Chalice of Harmony > Boots of Speed > B.F. Sword > Berserker Greaves > Warmog’s Armor > Blood Thirster > Last Whisper > Blood Thirster (Or Atma’s Impaler if the enemy is AD heavy)

Warmog’s Armor turns Sivir into a high damage ranged DPS with 3000 HP. It allows her to stay in the fights longer despite receiving unwanted enemy attention. The damage output is only moderately hindered (by about 3000 gold to be exact), but the survivability jumps a lot. In less organized teams this is usually your best bet.

Frequently asked questions about items

Quote:

Why not use Manamune instead of Chalice?
Consider this item progression comparison based on the amount of gold the player has obtained at a given point in the game:
At 1000 Gold: Advantage Chalice
Chalice + Boots (1) --> Boomerang is now Spammable, Early Magic Resist)
Tears + Boots (1)

At 2000 Gold: Advantage Manamune
Chalice + Boots (1) --> Saving for B.F. Sword
Manamune + Boots (1) --> Even at a low level, Manamune still adds about 30 damage, giving it a slight edge over Chalice at the moment you complete it

At 3000 Gold: Advantage Chalice
Chalice + Boots (1) + B.F. Sword --> B.F. Means you now do more damage than the Manamune build, having magic resist, and have likely farmed faster since your Boomerang and Ricochet have been spammable longer
Manamune + boots (1) --> Saving for B.F. Sword

At 4000 Gold: Advantage Chalice
Chalice + Boots (1) + Blood Thirster --> Even though Manamune build will complete B.F. Sword right now, you'll be stacking your Blood Thirster much sooner
Manamune + Boots(1) + B.F. Sword --> For a few minutes you get a slight damage lead, but only until that Blood Thirster gets stacked for the Chalice Build

At 5000 Gold: Advantage Chalice
Chalice + Berserker Greaves + Blood Thirster --> Attack Speed and by now your Blood Thirster is fully stacked, faster move speed
Manamune + Boots (1) + Blood Thirster --> You've completed your first big ticket item though it's unstacked. Manamune probably adds about 50 damage right now. You have a small damage lead over the other build, at the cost of MR, Move speed, Attack Speed.

The pattern continues in this fashion regardless of what you build after that Blood Thirster. After that 1000 gold or so advantage that Manamune has at 2000 gold, Chalice surpasses it at every stage in the game, regardless of what you're building afterwards.

Quote:

Why don’t you use Madred’s Bloodrazor against tanky teams?
First off, who are you trying to kill in a team fight? The answer is: Their squishy DPS, not their tank. For the cost of 3800 you could have bought a Blood Thirster and had some change left over. That's an additional 100+78+61+48+38=325 damage. In comparison, if we assume a 4,000 HP tank, Madreds adds 30+24+19+15+11=99 damage + 160 magic damage = 259 damage, AND unlike the AD for which you have Armor Penetration, you have no Magic Penetration. Toss in 600 gold worth of damage into the mix (the difference in cost) and the difference is even bigger. Note that that’s only counting 4 Ricochet bounces, so it’s not even maxed out at this point.

Quote:

What about using Black Cleaver for more armor penetration?
Black Cleaver’s stacks only affects the target you are hitting. If you are aiming for the tank, or a minion as you suggested earlier, it’s not reducing any armor for you. In contrast, Last Whisper affects all targets you hit with Ricochet, making it a much better choice for Armor Penetration. Now you might say to get both, so let’s do a quick comparison. Let’s say that a squishy champion grabs one Armor item, like… Thornmail. If you have JUST Last Whisper, that squishy champion’s armor will be (75+100)*.6 = 105. If you have The Black Cleaver + Last Whisper and you’ve stacked the debuff 3 times, it’s ((75+100)-45)*.6 = 78. That’s right, you spent an extra 3k Gold for a lousy 27 armor penetration difference. The more armor the opponent stacks, the more ridiculously stupid Black Cleaver starts to look. And that’s not even considering that it doesn’t affect Ricochet procs.

Quote:

What about using Phantom Dancers?
Phantom Dancer has 3 stats: Attack Speed, Movement Speed, and Critical Strike. Critical Strike is useless on Sivir, and Attack Speed can be obtained elsewhere cheaper and sooner (Runes, Berserker Greaves). So basically the only thing you get from Phantom Dancer that you couldn’t have gotten from another source more efficiently is the movement speed. If you need it for getting around and backdooring, that’s what Teleport is for. If you need it for getting out of a fight, you have your ult. Ultimately you add more to your damage by grabbing another Blood Thirster or more to your survivability by grabbing a Warmogs. Phantom Dancer is just more wasted Gold.

Quote:

What about Infinity’s Edge? It works great on other carries!
Because Ricochet constitutes the bulk of Sivir’s late game damage, and Boomerang Blade constitutes the bulk of her early game damage, she has little use for the critical strike bonus of Infinity’s Edge. In any scenario where she could buy Infinity’s Edge, she’d be better off with another Blood Thirster.

Game Play

First off, you must take the solo middle lane. In any other lane you will gimped. Sivir is not the best early game ganker. She has no methods for pinning an enemy in place or moving them around, and aside from her Boomerang Blade she has little early game burst. What she does have, is the ability to clear a full wave of minions in seconds by level 5. By sticking her in the middle lane, you effectively force the enemy carry to compete with their turret for minion kills while at the same time allowing her to take early turret hits and farm the Wraiths and Wolves between waves. Placing her at solo top makes it more difficult for her to do turret damage safely, since there’s a much greater distance between the two towers, and placing her in the duo lane makes it difficult for her to outlevel the enemy team, which she relies on for the mid-late game. Make sure your team knows you are taking the middle lane before you commit to playing Sivir.

Second, buy your Chalice of Harmony as soon as you can (500 gold), or as soon as you can buy Chalice + Boots of Speed (850 gold). Once you have your Chalice you will be able to throw your boomerang 1-2 times per wave without running out of mana. This is essential for consistently heavy early game harass as well as fast minion clearing. From this point on, with careful play you should be able to stay in your lane, take the turret, and farm up to your B.F. Sword all before heading back. From there, avoid going back until you’ve farmed large chunks of gold, which happens relatively quickly with Sivir.

In team fights, stick with your team. Don’t go off chasing a lone straggler. You have no crowd control abilities, so you’ll do the most damage near your team, where they can hold the enemy team in place. Also, wait until the fight is underway before popping your ultimate. If you pop it too early, the enemy team can back off and wait it out. Sivir is perhaps the only ranged carry that’s allowed to target the tanks. In a team fight, target the nearest enemy champion, even if it’s a tank. The Ricochets that proc from that attack will heavily damage or kill his teammates despite his best efforts to protect them.

Sivir is a very strong backdoor champion, and you should play to that strength. However, you need to back door at the right times, or you'll end up doing more harm than good.

Times when you should back door:
1) Your team will win the fight without you.
2) The fight will be a stalemate whether or not you're there (ie, defending a turret before the other team can dive aggressively).

Times when you shouldn't back door:
1) Your team can win the fight, but only if you're there.
2) Your team will lose the fight if you're not there.

In other words, you should only back door when you can't take a turret AFTER winning the team fight. It's usually if not always more beneficial to win a team fight and then take an objective.

Learn to use your Spell Shield effectively. It takes practice, but it is quite possibly one of the most powerful spells in the game. Plus, it brings a smile to your face every time you block Ashe’s Crystal Arrow.

The last bit of advice I have to offer as of now is: Focus on team objectives. Because of her amazing farming ability, Sivir reaches the end game before any other ranged carry. Use this to your advantage by forcing and winning team fights as soon as you’ve completed your first big ticket item and take a team objective (Turret, Inhibitor, Dragon, Baron, etc). The more objectives you take during the lag between your progression and the enemy carry’s, the better off your team will be in the long run.

“You may call me mistress, but only on your knees.”

Resources:
Sivir's Spell Shield - The "What is and what isn't blocked" List - By Poki3

Sivir: Boomerang or Ricochet - Pay close attention to Quickslide's comments about starting with one or the other. The post is old, and assumes that Boomerang Blade only scales with AP and still does magic damage, but still concludes that Boomerang Blade is superior for the early game.

If you try out this build and enjoy great success with it, please support it in the Quality Guides 2.0 thread. Thanks!

Pieson 01-16-2011 11:09 AM

if you are smart with your spell shield and are in lane against somebody you can abuse it with, I find that I can run MP5/lvl yellows and get away without a chalice (since the MP5 kicks in by the time teamfights start)

Maki pendant opening also makes it seem like you can't use your spell shield well, you should be fine without that and instead going for a Doran's blade. Ashe will hit you for 200 damage (sometimes up to 250) as SOON as she gets into lane with you. That instantly drops you below half without a doran's blade, and no real damage to throw back (level 1 Q does not nearly match that). You will be owned in that lane if you don't get some HP.

Subdue 01-16-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pieson (Hozzászólás 5433728)
if you are smart with your spell shield and are in lane against somebody you can abuse it with, I find that I can run MP5/lvl yellows and get away without a chalice (since the MP5 kicks in by the time teamfights start)

Maki pendant opening also makes it seem like you can't use your spell shield well, you should be fine without that and instead going for a Doran's blade. Ashe will hit you for 200 damage (sometimes up to 250) as SOON as she gets into lane with you. That instantly drops you below half without a doran's blade, and no real damage to throw back (level 1 Q does not nearly match that). You will be owned in that lane if you don't get some HP.

I'll address this in parts. First, the mana regen. The goal of this build is to dominate the early and punish the enemy every chance you get, often meaning throwing boomerang off of cooldown to either force the minions to their turret (so you can do some damage AND force them to compete with the turret or leave your lane to clear Wraiths and Wolves), or to take large chunks of life from your laning opponent. Spell Shield returns 75 mana (costs 75, returns 150) every 22 seconds at level 1 where I suggest you leave it until the end, assuming that with every casting you successfully block a spell. Boomerang Blade costs 100 mana at level 3, which is about where it will be by the time you get your Chalice of Harmony, and has a 9 second cooldown. That means that even if on the dot every 22 seconds your opponent casts a spell at you, and each time you spell shield it perfectly, you still will not recover mana as fast as you want to spend it. Sure, you can play more passively, but when you're as good a farmer as Sivir, you can afford the 900 gold for Chalice for unparalleled constant lane harassment.

Now as for the Doran start vs the Meki Pendant, you have to note that I suggested a 0/21/9 build. She will have 4% damage reduction off the start, as well as 60 life from masteries, and a base armor and magic resist boost. In other words she'll have more durability than the Ashe who grabbed a Doran's Blade and then went 9/0/21. As a side note, if you're letting Ashe run straight for you at the start and hit you with the critical strike she's been storing up, you are doing it wrong. Stand far behind your minions and last hit with Boomerang while she tries to save her shot for you. Eventually she'll notice how many last hits she's missing because she's saving it and she'll give up. If when running up against Ashe you routinely get hit with that Crit + Volley combo, you need to work on your early game.

Posmo 01-16-2011 12:36 PM

thanks, just raped with the build.

gj, good explanations..then again, was mid vs veigar lol

ldfhndfjkndh 01-16-2011 02:03 PM

I'm a huge fan of Sivir as well. I play her primarilly as a backdoorer. If you think about it, she was MADE for backdooring (yes, I know, she's also a staple in every team fight, but still..). People always give me **** for my strange build, but I average 5 turret killls a game, so I have no complaints.

So what do you think of this build?
Meki Pendant->Chalice of Harmony
Boots->Mercury Treads
Zeal
Zeal
Bligewater Cutlass
Zeal
Sell 1 Zeal
Phantom Dancer
Phantom Dancer/Stark's Fervor/Bloodthirster
Spells are: Teleport, Cleanse

Endgame stats (approximate): 145 attack, 2.0+ attack speed, 550 movement

So what's my strategy? I look for the most outer tower, and aim to destroy it. I'll teleport to my minions if they';re already AT the tower, otherwise Teleport is reserved for getting to undefended towers or just places in general. This build is meant for me to do that most efficiently. Chalice allows me to spam Q and Ricochet and clear creeps quickly. If I get ganked? I switch on my Spell Shield to avoid the initial spell, Cleanse for back up, and even if I already used my On the Hunt on the tower, I have enough speed to get away, at which point I merely run across the jungle and proceed to backdoor another tower. The Bligewater Cutlass is a relatively cheap item that gives me all my attack and lifesteal needs, giving my boomeragns a little more oomph, and giving me the lifesteal to solo creepwaves, and replenish my health after a gank.

I prefer mid, as Spell Shield is pretty much OP during the laning phase, and it, along with my ult and Cleanse makes me ungankable. If there's an Ashe or Trist on my team though, I might give it to them, since they don't have the same farming capabilities as I do. I'll generally lane with tanks or support, so they don't suffer as much from the gold deprivation from my Ricochet.

This isn't to say I don't have a strong presence in team fights either. I switch on my On the Hunt, and throw my boomerangs and hit all 5 of them at 2.5 attack speed, and throw in a Boomerang Blade whenever I can.

Sivir may be tagged as a carry, but I'd like to think of her as a carry in the sense that she can take out turrets and inhibitors to indirectly win the game.

What do you think?

Subdue 01-16-2011 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldfhndfjkndh (Hozzászólás 5437499)
I'm a huge fan of Sivir as well. I play her primarilly as a backdoorer. If you think about it, she was MADE for backdooring (yes, I know, she's also a staple in every team fight, but still..). People always give me **** for my strange build, but I average 5 turret killls a game, so I have no complaints.

So what do you think of this build?
Meki Pendant->Chalice of Harmony
Boots->Mercury Treads
Zeal
Zeal
Bligewater Cutlass
Zeal
Sell 1 Zeal
Phantom Dancer
Phantom Dancer/Stark's Fervor/Bloodthirster
Spells are: Teleport, Cleanse

Endgame stats (approximate): 145 attack, 2.0+ attack speed, 550 movement

So what's my strategy? I look for the most outer tower, and aim to destroy it. I'll teleport to my minions if they';re already AT the tower, otherwise Teleport is reserved for getting to undefended towers or just places in general. This build is meant for me to do that most efficiently. Chalice allows me to spam Q and Ricochet and clear creeps quickly. If I get ganked? I switch on my Spell Shield to avoid the initial spell, Cleanse for back up, and even if I already used my On the Hunt on the tower, I have enough speed to get away, at which point I merely run across the jungle and proceed to backdoor another tower. The Bligewater Cutlass is a relatively cheap item that gives me all my attack and lifesteal needs, giving my boomeragns a little more oomph, and giving me the lifesteal to solo creepwaves, and replenish my health after a gank.

I prefer mid, as Spell Shield is pretty much OP during the laning phase, and it, along with my ult and Cleanse makes me ungankable. If there's an Ashe or Trist on my team though, I might give it to them, since they don't have the same farming capabilities as I do. I'll generally lane with tanks or support, so they don't suffer as much from the gold deprivation from my Ricochet.

This isn't to say I don't have a strong presence in team fights either. I switch on my On the Hunt, and throw my boomerangs and hit all 5 of them at 2.5 attack speed, and throw in a Boomerang Blade whenever I can.

Sivir may be tagged as a carry, but I'd like to think of her as a carry in the sense that she can take out turrets and inhibitors to indirectly win the game.

What do you think?

In the original post I explained why Phantom Dancer was a poor choice for Sivir, seeing as she can't make use of the Critical Strike. I realize you're using the Zeals and the Phantom Dancer to increase your movement speed, but you'd be better off just running Boots of Swiftness or Boots of Mobility (Not that I recommend either of those over Berserker Greaves). I think Bilgewater Cutlass is a poor item choice as well, since it gives less than half the effect of Blood Thirster for more than half the cost. If you were to trade in your Bilgewater Cutlass and Phantom Dancer for 2 Blood Thirsters (about the same cost), you'd have almost 200 more AD, which more than makes up for lower attack speed when it comes to dropping turrets. As for Cleanse I think that Flash is a better escape, but Cleanse can work as well. It's a purely defensive spell though, where as Flash can be used offensively. You are a carry after all.

I used to think that Sivir was all about the backdoor as well, and to be fair, she has all the tools she needs to pull it off well. However, her presence in a team fight is absolutely essential for your team. You should be in every teamfight that isn't decidedly a stand off, because your presence will win most of them due to your team steroid and high damage output. That being said, if there is a stand off, or a golden opportunity to take an undefended turret, by all means go for it. Just don't leave a team fight that you can win to take the turret, since the turret will still be there to take after the team fight is won.

JayBrundage 01-16-2011 03:20 PM

Wow great siver build i have been look at siver to at to my mains cuz i can't play any ranged carries well and she seems like a great addition to a team. ( My mains are WW, Cho'gath, and Annie) Your guide helped me a lot to understand Siver thanks man :D

Subdue 01-16-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Posmo (Hozzászólás 5435613)
thanks, just raped with the build.

gj, good explanations..then again, was mid vs veigar lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayBrundage (Hozzászólás 5439130)
Wow great siver build i have been look at siver to at to my mains cuz i can't play any ranged carries well and she seems like a great addition to a team. ( My mains are WW, Cho'gath, and Annie) Your guide helped me a lot to understand Siver thanks man :D

Thank you for your support! :D

I'm glad it's been a help to you.

nepaliguru 01-16-2011 08:32 PM

My Sivir build is pretty similar to yours (I tend to go PD's for attack speed but I can see where you're coming from... I just don't have attack speed runes yet), and I'm curious about your thoughts on the banshee's veil. Whenever I go against a CC or burst heavy team I see it as essential (or at the very least infuriating to the enemy).

Also, I agree that chalice is better than manamune [Ior[/I] no mana regen item. It allows for much more freedom in your play style at the start at such little cost, and can be sold later on for your late game items when needed.

FaerellG 01-16-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldfhndfjkndh (Hozzászólás 5437499)
So what's my strategy? I look for the most outer tower, and aim to destroy it. I'll teleport to my minions if they';re already AT the tower, otherwise Teleport is reserved for getting to undefended towers or just places in general. This build is meant for me to do that most efficiently. Chalice allows me to spam Q and Ricochet and clear creeps quickly. If I get ganked? I switch on my Spell Shield to avoid the initial spell, Cleanse for back up, and even if I already used my On the Hunt on the tower, I have enough speed to get away, at which point I merely run across the jungle and proceed to backdoor another tower.

I used to think this was a strategy. I've certainly done it before. However, I've come to realize that this is a tactic, not a strategy.
http://www.alanemrich.com/PGD/PGD_Strategy.htm

Short explanation:
Strategy is an immutable over-arching outlook on a situation.
Tactics are specific tricks and micro-plans used to facilitate strategy.

In your explanation, of how Sivir pull off backdooring, If you are treating it as a strategy, you're doing it wrong. This is a tactic that should only be used when the situation is right. It's certainly one of my favoted tactics

One of the major flaws with this tactic is an issue of map awareness. Most of the time, your opponents will be packing movement and teleport abilities as well and they'll be within a few seconds of coming to hit you at the tower. Only use this tactic against opponents with less mobility than your team. If they have superior mobility, squishy sivir will get chased off very fast.