League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Thoughts on Avarice Blades (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=45058)

NukedWhale 01-10-2010 10:13 AM

Thoughts on Avarice Blades

Hello,

I'm not a fan of avarice blades. I would like to see them removed from the shop.

I feel that they're a trap that some inexperienced players fall into. Occasionally, I'll have a teammate, often times two teammates (they seem to come in pairs), that will buy 3 or 4 avarice blades for their hero. Their hero is typically a physical damage hero that can farm fairly well, but is dependent on items. The list typically includes Tryndamere, Yii, and Gangplank.

If I have a teammate with multiple avarice blades, I assume that we will lose around the 30 minute mark. I assume that when we lose, they will have 3 avarice blades, boots of some sort, a low tier regen or life steal item, and a complete or mostly completed infinity edge.

Anyone else share my opinion?

ZGBudai 01-10-2010 10:25 AM

I get 1 at most for Tyrn / Gangplank. It helps with Early-Game aggressiveness but anymore then that is overkill. It pays for itself by the time you should sell it anyways.

I get it for the critical chance, the gold is just nice to have.

Never get it on Yi... It's just horrible on Yi.

NukedWhale 01-10-2010 10:32 AM

You're a rarity in that you only buy one. I swear +gold items are like crack for some players.

Smurfzor 01-10-2010 10:34 AM

On trynd or gankplank 1-2 of them is fine as they are based on crits anyway.

ZGBudai 01-10-2010 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NukedWhale (Hozzászólás 498217)
You're a rarity in that you only buy one. I swear +gold items are like crack for some players.

It's because of old guides that pushed it because everyone was level 30 and had pure crit chance runes. The avarice blades provided near maximum crit chance very early and allowed to great ganking potential. Now that everyone is between 10 - 30 and crit runes got nerfed, They aren't that great anymore.

NukedWhale 01-10-2010 10:44 AM

Why not buy zeal instead? Improved crit, attack speed, movement speed, and it can be upgraded late game.

Purutzil 01-10-2010 10:49 AM

I disagree. I usually get 2 of them on Tyr due to the fact they work so well and can give more gold. By the time I would sell them I would have made up the cost for them easily for the gold per 10 and it has given me enough of a benefit. Really if someone fails and stacks way to many of them in the first place, shame on them.

ZGBudai 01-10-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NukedWhale (Hozzászólás 498252)
Why not buy zeal instead? Improved crit, attack speed, movement speed, and it can be upgraded late game.

Something in the marketing world known as:

Instant Gratification / Impulsive Buying

People want INSTA EFFECTS NOA. Building stuff is for sissies ( apparently )

inept 01-10-2010 11:39 AM

you probably lose with these people because you have an aggressive playstyle. learn to adapt. if you see 2+ people farming gold items on your team, obviously you have to defend.

also, Crit damage runes anyone? Gangplank doesnt need anything except avarice blades early to dish out 500+ damage every single parley.

Leohan 01-10-2010 12:03 PM

I think removal is a bit harsh, as everyone has their own preferred build order. I think ABs are nice for a long game build, but if they push turrets often for a short game, you're pretty much screwed. I do agree that any more than 2 is pretty much overkill.

I usually see how the the game is progressing before I go back for the first time for items and buy accordingly.