League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Video - Ryze midgame (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=44370)

Clone56 01-08-2010 07:31 AM

Video [guide] - Ryze midgame

Just some thought on how I do midgame, hopefully can take atleast one thing away from it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_GTTjAhiRs

tru76 01-08-2010 08:03 AM

Thanks Clone,

I am new to LoL and wanted to perfect Ryze, this vid really helped me start on the path to do that. ;)

wildfire393 01-08-2010 08:47 AM

I have to say, it seems like you have no idea what you are doing item-wise. Nashor's Tooth is largely wasted on Ryze, as the attackspeed does nothing for you. Getting it also gives you the mana problems you are complaining about, whereas if you had gone with a Rod of Ages/Archangel's Staff, you would not be having these problems as much. Also, Frozen Heart alongside Nashor's is a waste, as Cooldown Reduction caps at 40% (and they both give 25%).

I'm curious what your masteries and runes are. For any caster, I use 9/0/21 along with a runebook giving 6% Cooldown reduction and the rest MP regen. Using this and rushing a Tear of the Goddess, I never have mana problems and I'm already sitting on 15% Cooldown reduction, meaning with Golem or Frozen Heart, I've got the cap (40%). Alternately, Deathfire Grasp + Elixir of Brilliance gives you 25%.

Clone56 01-08-2010 09:27 AM

very well could be true i dont know what im doing but I win, thats all that matters. If i was a losing player then yes I would be all ears but this build has provided great success. Everyone has theiropinion on what is best. Since you seam to know what is best then I should go ith your build and never lose.

Number9 01-08-2010 09:59 AM

That's no reason not consider refining the build and perhaps doing even better. Take all the advice that you can get, play a few practice games using both builds - maybe even go to the mock-up build website and look at the numbers.

Clone56 01-08-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number9 (Hozzászólás 491765)
That's no reason not consider refining the build and perhaps doing even better. Take all the advice that you can get, play a few practice games using both builds - maybe even go to the mock-up build website and look at the numbers.

I agree, trying new stuff doesnt hurt. After reading this I went and played another game without buying Nashors Tooth and going with something diffrent. Constructive critism it much better accepted then saying "you dnot know what you are doing" The video is supposed to bring ideas together not become troll fest.

Patyrn 01-08-2010 11:38 AM

Get deathfire over nashor's tooth. Tooth is only good on toons that also want attack speed (short list). Also, you really need to run up closer after your prison so your flux orbs bounce multiple times off them. Also, you should really take flash or ghost (I take both) because ryze's spells are very short range, and getting in their face in time is important.

wildfire393 01-08-2010 11:47 AM

Sorry, my post may have come off more flame-like than I had intended. I merely meant that you seemed to be either ignorant or just ignoring some fundamental game mechanics, like the 40% cooldown cap.

seresibyl 01-08-2010 11:47 AM

Double click items to buy them...

Animal Mother 01-08-2010 12:04 PM

Yeah, I see a lot of casters going for nashor's tooth despite not needing the attack speed. Shows you how hard it is to gear for cooldown reduction and AP at the same time. With deathfire grasp now available, though, I'd definitely grab that. I don't know if the active works at all with your passive and ulti (I guess not), but it's still invaluable and the stats on it allow you to reach the CDR cap without screwing your AP progression. Mejai is a gambit but it can compensate for your low AP.