League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Zilean, The master of time (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4387)

Vangu 08-11-2009 12:39 PM

[Guide] Zilean, The master of time

Masteries
Sorcery - 3% cooldown reduction
Archaic Knowledge - penetrates 15% of the targets magic resistance.
with the boost in melee resistance per level this is needed
Intelligence - 6% cooldown reduction
Mender's Faith - increases healing by 75 and reduces cooldown by 10 seconds
Perseverence - 4% total health and mana regeneration
Expanded Mind - Increases mana by 5% of your maximum mana
Meditation - Increases mana regeneration by 1 per second.

Those are the main things I go for when I make my mastery tree for Zilean what you pick to get to those may vary a little.

Skills to increase when you can
Time bomb
Recall
Time warp
Chrono shift

They are in order of what you should increase when it is possible. If you can not increase time bomb or recall do chrono shift. The point of this is simple the higher you have time bomb the more damage you will do and the higher recall is the more often you can use it to decrease cooldown time on all your other abilities.

Items
Chalice of harmony
Frozen Heart
Mejai's Soulstealer
Zhonya's Ring
Abysmal Scepter

Runes
6% cooldown reduction
Mana per level runes

That is about all I go for in runes because mana regain does not mean anything later game when you can either have a total of 10mana per 5 seconds or a total of about 600+ mana at level 18...I take the total mana. And unless I am mistaken on what the mastery "expanded mind" does it helps here aswell...unless that just means your base max mana..either way I still take the max mana over regain.

Cooldown reduction
The reason you get 6% CR from runes is because the 9% you get from masteries puts you at an even 15% CR. With the cap being 40% all you need is the frozen heart item (25%) and you are at the cap with one item. This allows you end-game to be able to use timebomb and time warp with the help of recall every second or two. So that is about 500+ damage a bomb later on and with them always being under time warp it is almost like a free kill. This also lets you have chrono shift up every 30secs to a minute (if not lower then that) at level 18.

Did you know

Time warp can slow enemies as well as speed up allies.

Generally a good idea to slow an enemy as your whole team can get to them instead of only one ally going solo.

Rammus is a good person to speed up as once he starts rolling he moves at insane speeds.

If you are going against Rammus slow him down instead of speeding yourself up. This helps mainly because when you slow him he moves at a very slow speed. If you speed yourself up he will catch you..

Timebomb can be placed on allies but does not hurt them. If you see a melee team-mate going in battle put a bomb on him to help a little. It can also be places on yourself but I have not ran into a situation that would have called it for..maybe make a melee not want to get near you?

*List of all my guides http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=18804

Disclaimer
This is not the only viable way to play Zilean and is only how I do it and I am not forcing others to play this way. If you do not agree with a certain part of my guide/playstyle please post it in a mature manner and write exactly what you dislike. Also I am not looking for others to post their playstyle/guide in my guide if you wish to do so please make your own thread.

ch33sy 08-11-2009 12:58 PM

damn this guide is really awesome! i might try this out! keep up the good work man~~

Vangu 08-11-2009 05:25 PM

Edited one of the items in case you don't want the mana manipulator added the chalice of harmony. A nice item for Zilean to help his mana problems.

Whiplash 08-11-2009 06:13 PM

good guide man. I'm not the best with Zilean, but I've noticed when I build the suggested items he has, at lvl 18 your cd reduction skill has no cooldown besides the global cooldown. With that said you can Bomb cd skill, bomb, cd skill,bomb,cd skill, so on and so on. This heroe is pretty damn fun too :)

Anyways good work keep it up.

Vangu 08-12-2009 01:20 PM

Thank you for the replies so far. I am still learning a lot of the items but I believe my item setup with Zilean is the best it can be so far. But if I end up finding better items to replace the ones I use I will edit the guide.

Frozt 08-12-2009 03:11 PM

I've never really tried your item build before but it seems interesting. I'm guessing the idea is bomb spam due to your ability power stacking, but nonetheless seems like a fun strategy.

Vangu 08-12-2009 03:33 PM

How do other people play Zilean? I have heard the way I am doing it is unique or just different...and yes the idea of it is bomb spam, time warp spam, and fast cooldown on chronoshift. You will be able to kill any character without boost with this build..that is depending on their magic resistance and total life. If I am against a group of all melee I have thought about getting the abysmmal scepter for the aura to reduce melee magic res as they now get a total of 1.25 magic res per level..or at least I think that was the number.

Might also add the reason I dont focus on AP in runes/mastery is mainly because with cooldowns I can just spam them out. In the end I believe I end up with more AP then some other builds. I am not sure on this but I know that items with more AP generally dont share cooldowns. So lets say I only need frozen heart to hit 40% other builds may need 2-3 items with cooldowns on it so that is less AP in the end. Again I think I would have to add all that up and look...

Vangu 08-17-2009 11:42 PM

I edited my first post. I changed the order I get my items and completely took out the mana manipulator. I have started to rely on chalice so much I feel dumb for ever attempting to try and upgrade the manipulator. I no longer get sorcerer boots because I feel it is a complete waste of a slot and gold. I just get frozen heart as fast as I can after the chalice as it boosts up my spell usage to where I need to be. I started to rely on time warp to speed myself up at all times now. With chalice I tend to have full mana back after doing recall/time warp combo to get where I want..reason why I no longer get boots.

I believe that is all I edited. Oh and I am going to replace the last time I get and put the boots as a place holder. It has been a few days from me playing and the names of some of the items I hardly have a chance to get (as game ends) eludes me so I will edit once I get name.

Vangu 08-23-2009 02:22 AM

May as well let people know this style for him still works even after the slight nerf to his recall...they called it rewind though did they change its name? I have not actually looked.

Anyways playstyle still works fine but if you used it before you may notice more of delay in the bombs/time warp but its not much.

Vindico Atrum 08-23-2009 05:58 AM

Yeah, max CD redux is the way to go with zilean. More complicated is the skill build. There is reasons to justify maxing time warp first, maxing recall first and alternate warp/bomb, or maxing bomb first. Not easy choices. I usually go max recall/max bomb taking 1 lvl of warp for 3s slow(dont use on allies, always on enemies) and then take 1 lvl of ult for the revive, amount of health doesn't matter if you use it at right times. For items, mana+regen and frozen heart ofc.