League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Esports Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   The Lone Wolf (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=436758)

Samuraiofchaos 01-08-2011 09:00 AM

The Lone Wolf

Hey, I have been pondering something about LoL in comparison to dota for a long time and was hoping for the competitive community’s feedback on this issue...

In dota I vividly remember that if I was fed early on with almost any hero(and especially with the top 25% tier heroes) I could easily 1v2, 1v3, and in very rare cases 1v4 or 1v5. In LoL with most champions it seems that even if I am fed and my opponents have been barely hanging on the whole game 1v2's seem really hard and anything higher then that near impossible.

It seems dota was a team game but the lone wolf could still exist. So my question is: Did they kill the lone wolf in LoL?

LoneWolfBrian 01-21-2013 08:49 PM

I know right?

Banana Dragon 01-21-2013 09:14 PM

the problem is that in LoL you can be kited, cced and killed easy. this is one of the main flaws with solo que. most of the time no matter how good you are if your team is bad you will lose. its that simple. the new ranked system i hope to god fixes this a little bit because i have had games where i go 16/0 pressure objectives and do everything i can to help get the win for my team, but they just cant do it. they cant farm they have no items and even if they do farm they build thw wrong items such as black cleaver on EZ. solo que is painful beccause there is no lone wolf. you are unable to carry by yourself. unless the other team is complete ****. then you have a slight chance.

TW iz Rippin 01-22-2013 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legacy Draxon (Hozzászólás 33758550)
the problem is that in LoL you can be kited, cced and killed easy. this is one of the main flaws with solo que. most of the time no matter how good you are if your team is bad you will lose. its that simple. the new ranked system i hope to god fixes this a little bit because i have had games where i go 16/0 pressure objectives and do everything i can to help get the win for my team, but they just cant do it. they cant farm they have no items and even if they do farm they build thw wrong items such as black cleaver on EZ. solo que is painful beccause there is no lone wolf. you are unable to carry by yourself. unless the other team is complete ****. then you have a slight chance.

Don't listen to this guy, he is just bad. The Lone Wolf that you are referring to, still exists, but in a different way. The guy who single-handedly carries the team dosn't do so by 1v5 fights etc. but by playing smart, ganking (getting your team fed), taking objectives, and being an overall smart player, rather than getting a bunch of kills and face rolling them. I think that that is what Riot wanted to do as well, turn it into more of a strategy game then get a couple kills and snowball so hard that you win no matter what.

Shesocold 01-23-2013 11:02 AM

I think the difference is snowballing progresses faster in Dota than lol. Not necessarily a bad thing. Also it's easier to counter someone with items in lol than Dota because, at least in my opinion league's defensive items seem to have a bigger impact than Dota's.

Jeremyls 01-23-2013 01:01 PM

there are no rambo's in LOL but there are Leonidas types

meaning not a champ can jump in 1v5 and smash everyone( equall skill of course)

But you can carry the team on your back