League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mundo as a Tank (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=43528)

MOONDO 01-05-2010 03:59 PM

Mundo as a Tank

I have got a liking to playing tanks, and having real fun with dr.mundo. What I'm wondering is how good a main tank is mundo in higher elo games? I know I lack the powerful initiation in team battles, but I can soak up damage like no other with sadism + warmog + aegis. The cc reduction's pretty sweet too. Do people play mundo tank above my elo bracket? because I hardly see any mundos in mine.

SlyGoat 01-05-2010 04:02 PM

nobody plays mundo because he doesn't have hard CC

Jason Only 01-05-2010 04:05 PM

Mundo is an amazing tank, and if you balance offense and durability (so that you are not 100% ignorable), you can do amazing things.

Masochism, with smart itemization, makes you very dangerous to the unwary, and your regen capabilities make you a very tough nut to crack.

Black Heart 01-05-2010 04:05 PM

The other problem with playing Mundo as a tank is that if any DPSer on the enemy team picks up Executioner's Calling, your ult becomes useless whenever they're within shouting distance.

Actually, that's kind of a problem with Mundo in general, as much as I love the big purple dude.

Jooce 01-05-2010 04:08 PM

Like someone else said. His lack of CC or even AoE makes him subpar. If they buffed the radius and dmg of his AoE aura maybe he could get some lovin. Maybe attach a slow to it, or some kind of effect so he provides a little something.

Almost all the tanks save for 3-4 need tweaking to be made into an actual tank. This is why carries are running so rampant, because their counters (tanks) are almost all subpar at best. Meanwhile counters for tanks are presented for both carries and casters.

His toxic green skin isp retty OP though.

TeeNaku 01-05-2010 04:08 PM

i was just commenting on this over in the guides section.

i would suggest not playing as a tank because people tend to not target him because he has no CC. he has no stun, no good area of effect damage and can escape to easily to be a good person to target.

so he does not do the basic necessities of a tank because he doesn't draw fire to himself.

MOONDO 01-05-2010 04:16 PM

Well with atmas I start whacking pretty hard with masochism. I usually run in, pop all my cds, drop a rally, and go balls out, works good against people I get matched up with. I guess better opponents will know that giant purple blob with fireballs swirling around isn't top target priority

SlyGoat 01-05-2010 04:37 PM

Mundo can be crazy late game if you stack a couple warmogs/frozen mallet and an atma's with a phantom dancer, stark's, or some other decent attack speed. but uh yeah. basically you're playing 4v5 until that point because he can't tank and can't really dps before then.

fact is the only thing tanks are good for in this game is initiating and tossing off some CC. mundo can't do either. so he's very useless unless Riot cooks up some fancy metagame changes that make more than a handful of playstyles viable.

Nikon 01-05-2010 04:41 PM

Mundo throw cleaver.

immp 01-05-2010 04:47 PM

mundo go where he pleases !