League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Facerolling with LeBlanc (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=434538)

BogdanRaczynski 01-06-2011 10:56 PM

Facerolling with LeBlanc

Facerolling with LeBlanc

By Bogdan Raczynski

''The world is very different for those who cannot see beyond what is placed before their very eyes.'' -LeBlanc, the Deceiver

Damage 48 (+2.9 / per level)
Health 390 (+75 / per level)
Mana 250 (+50 / per level)
Move Speed 310
Armor 12 (+3.5 / per level)
Spell Block 30 (+0 / per level)
Health Regen 0.9 (+0.11 / per level)
Mana Regen 0.88 (+0.08 / per level)

I am not going to get into detail about her skills here, I assume you know what her skills do or can find them on the LoL website.

Here is a link:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/champ...c_the_deceiver

Q – Sigil
W - Distortion
E – Chains
R - Mimic

Introduction

This guide is intended for advanced players. LeBlanc requires high concentration and lighting quick speed. You should have a good grasp of the basics of LoL like last hitting, movement prediction, avoiding ganks, spell prediction, XP zoning, knowing when to be aggressive & defensive, leading etc;

I think LeBlanc is best played in the middle lane but most of the information can be adapted to the top and bottom lanes as well.

LeBlanc is great at last hitting minions and you should be VERY good at last hitting to excel with LeBlanc, if you are not good at last hitting you should practice as much as you can before you play normal games. This is very important and you will be a stronger LeBlanc player if you focus on getting last hits. Sigil can help get you those “2 in 1” last hits where you cast sigil & auto attack two minions and get both kills at once, also Sigil works good for the siege minions.

LeBlanc is best played with Mejia’s, she has enough escape skills to warrant this and since AP stacking is the best way to play her, Mejia’s is a perfect choice. If you can not handle charging a Mejia’s then pick a new champion or practice your basic LoL game (avoiding ganks, predicting movement, escaping, dodging and juking) You are aiming to charge the Mejia’s as fast as possible, and most importantly to not die with charges on it, this is key.

Now we begin:

Last Hitting

Do not auto attack minions, wait until they are very low, then auto attack to kill them. LeBlanc has a great attack animation and is a great champion to last hit with.

When a ranged minion is near your tower, hit them once with an auto attack, wait for the tower to strike once, then hit them again for the kill.

When a melee minion is near your tower, wait for the tower to hit them twice, then cast sigil or auto attack. She may not be able to auto attack kill them until she is lvl 5-6 or so.

Last hitting is important for LeBlanc and you should focus a lot of your energy on it while still keeping an eye out for chances to nuke the enemy champion.

On a side note the latest patch buffed LeBlanc's last hitting capabilities by increasing her base dmg and her dmg gain per level.

Summoner Spells

Ignite
Flash

I believe these are the best skills for LeBlanc, Ignite gives you that extra power early game and adds to your faceroll mid to late game, I go flash because your playing Mejia’s and the more escape moves you have the better. Also flash can be used to close distance for a faceroll, (Q, R, W, E, Ignite) combo. Remember flash is an offensive and defensive spell!)

Runes
(A good rule with runes is to choose runes for early game power)

Mana regen per 5 Seals (Lets you soft-spam sigil early game)
Cooldown Reduction Glyphs
Magic Penetration Marks
Flat Health Quints (This combined with Doran’s ring gives you a good deal of health early game (+197), which LeBlanc needs)

This will give you:

5.85% Cooldown Reduction
8.5 Magic Penetration
3.7 Mana per 5
+97 Health

This is the most basic rune page for casters and getting this rune page will also allow you to play other casters such as Anivia or Fiddle as well.

Masteries

Use basic caster masteries, take cooldown reduction and mana penetration in the first tree, take cooldown reduction, all mana regen talents, experience, quickness & imp flash in the other tree.

9-0-21 (Utility)

10-0-20 (Imp Ignite)

LeBlanc’s Combos

LeBlanc has many combos and multiple different ways to use each of her skills.

Here are the combos you will be using: If something is in parentheses ( ) it just means you can modify this combo with the move that is in ( ) for added utility, damage, or both.

Faceroll
(Flash) Q+R+W+ (E) (Ignite) + (W) or (Q)

Upon first glance what may look like an equation is actually one faceroll of a combo with many different outcomes.

When in range cast Sigil, follow it up with Mimic then Distortion. You have now triggered Sigil twice. You can wait a small amount of time between Mimic and Sigil to increase the silence time of your second Sigil. You can now use Chains and/or Ignite to finish off your combo. You can also cast Distortion again to port out of battle or, if you used your Chains, cast Sigil again as it refreshes to add a bit more damage to the combo. It is all situational.

This combo is your faceroll, your damage combo, your ace in the hole, this is the combo that will slam your enemies and charge up your Mejais. The more ABILITY POWER you get, the harder this combo hits and the easier killing champions becomes.

Ranged Poke
W+Q+ (Ignite) +W
Q+W + (Ignite) + W

This is a basic poke move, you Distort within range, cast Sigil on the enemy then Distort back as quick as you can. You can also Sigil when within range, cast Distort to crack the Sigil then Distort once more to port back. Both pokes work good, the former is more defensive, the latter more offensive. They are good for poking early game to weaken the enemy and set you up for a kill.

Triple Flash
W+R + (Flash)

This is an escape move, you Distort then Mimic your distortion to quickly retreat / fallback. You can also add a Flash at the end of this for “Triple Flash” which is good for escaping or flying quickly up the battlefield to Sigil or Chains a weakened enemy champion.

Distortion Minion Farm
W+R

Once your AP gets to high levels you can clear ranged minions with one W, you can Mimic your Distort if the minion wave is big enough. This is a great farming combo and lets LeBlanc grab the much needed gold for items later.

Surprise Chains
W+E

You distort and line up your chains on the way, instantly fire chains off as you land, this is much like Blitzcranks flash+pull. This works for catching champions off guard and getting that root in place for a faceroll combo.

Double Root
E+R

This is very simple; you cast Chains then Mimic the chains just as the stun wears off. This can root an enemy in place / slow them down for about 5 seconds.

Distort Juke
W+R

You have 3 seconds after casting Distort to cast it again to teleport back. This can be handy if an enemy champion is chasing you. You Distort, and then wait until the last second to cast it again. You will port behind the enemy if they continued chasing you and can juke them in certain situations.

Mirror Image Juke

As soon as you’re passive triggers cast Distort as fast as you can away from the enemy. If you distort into a bush you can juke the enemy quite easily. In some cases this is enough to let you escape, follow this up with a Mimicked Distortion and a Flash and you are gone.

Another good Mirror Image Juke is to use alt+right click to run the image away, you can stand still and run the image, or you can each run a different way. You will fool a lot of people but it takes much practice and good timing to be able to do this right. Practice makes perfect.

Starting Items

1xDorans Ring
1xHealth potion

Item Progression
(Keep in mind you should be splashing in the Elixir of Brilliance consumable potions whenever you can for an extra edge, I usually have one going on me about half of the game or more from lvls 11 onward,)

Doran’s Ring
Mejia’s
Boots of Lucidity / Sorc Boots / Boots of Mobility
Rabadon’s Deathcap

The new boots fit LeBlanc very well. It is good to note that with the runes, talents, boots & a blue potion, she will have 40% cooldown reduction without sacrificing any other items or interfering with your AP heavy build. She needs to have 40% cooldowns to be effective during team battles.

For more early game dominance Sorc Boots would be the best choice.

The big picture for LeBlanc is Ability Power and these 4 starting items really pump her up. Afterwards you can go for more survivability or more AP… it is up to you. I like to follow it up with a Rylai’s; it makes your E slow just that much more (+35% totaling 60%) and gives you the health you need to stay alive.

After your first 4 items you can branch off and customize your build. Here are some items that work for LeBlanc.

Rylai’s (60% slow on E skill)
Banshees Veil
Frozen Heart (if they are all AD and you need defense)
Void Staff (If you need Magic Pen and they are going Lots of MR)

Anything with high AP is great for LeBlanc, she also enjoys cooldown reduction items, and long walks on the beach.

Really you should customize your champion each game based off your opponents and what items and builds they are doing. Be proactive! Check your TAB screen and snoop around @ the enemy’s items and builds. Build with the enemies build in mind. If they are heavy AP then get some MR and a banshees Veil, if they are all AD then grab a frozen heart… PLAY SMARTER, NOT HARDER.

Skill Progression

You want to max Q (Sigil) whenever you can.

You can level E (Chains) up once then dump the rest into W (Distortion) or:

You can level W (Distortion) up once then dump the rest into E (Chains) for your stun + more utility.

Either way is good, sometimes you can balance between the both of them, it all depends on if you want utility or more power early on. Sometimes if I see my middle lane opponent does not have health regen or any health quints, etc; I level up Sigil + Distort and save chains for lvl 7. (This is if you REALLY want that extra power ) This gives you amazing power and when you hit level 6 you have a Q+R+W+ (E) (Ignite) Faceroll combo ready. If you are looking for utility and want to play it safe you can dump 1 point into chains then level up distort, this can also help you hold the enemy champion down for a bit while your Sigil refreshes. Get your ultimate every chance you can of course.

Leveling Stages

Levels 1-5

-Be patient, wait for the right time.
-Last hit as much as you can, your mid to late game depends on it.
-Wait for the right chance to Q + W . As soon as you land your W hit it again to activate distortion and port back. If you do this right you will have a quick attack and be out before your enemy knows what hit them.

It’s good to weaken them with a Q + W and then do it again but throw in an ignite. Harassment is key, you can strike quickly and be out in a flash. The more you weaken them before you hit lvl 6 the better.

Levels 6-11

Once you are level 6 you should have your faceroll combo ready

Q, R, W, (E) (Ignite)

Use flash to close the gap and take your first blood kill with your faceroll combo. (Hopefully)

If you have not kill them by now they will be on their way home, farm some minions and port back for your Mejais.

Levels 11-18

Work on getting your items and charging your Mejais, do not get ganked, if you fear a gank hold out on your combos to save you. W + R + Flash is a triple flash move that can get you out of almost any situation. If you are playing her well you should have tons of AP and have a devastating faceroll combo by now. Your Mejais should be nice and charged and you should be enjoying 600+ ability power. You should have a Deathcap & be on your way to a Ryjias Crystal scepter as well.

Conclusion

Well I think we have covered everything. LeBlanc is a technical champion that takes a lot more skill than “FACEROLL LOL QWREQRWEQ” to play.

You have to have perfection in last hitting and staying alive. Every kill counts as charging her Mejais is the most important part of playing LeBlanc. And as every kill counts, every death hurts you more and more, especially if you are in the top or bottom lanes. If you are not in middle you have to bide your time more and be even more patient. Buy wards, be careful, save your distort escape combos for when lots of enemies are MIA. Be smart! You have to be quick, know when and where to strike, you can not die, you have to be very good at predicting ganks and escaping battle.

Thanks for reading.

-Bogdan

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/7798/leblanc4.jpg

http://img696.imageshack.us/i/leblanc.png/

http://img232.imageshack.us/i/leblanc2.jpg/

*******http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/9465/leblanc3.jpg********

A Nice Boat 01-09-2011 05:41 AM

Interesting read. I haven't gotten much play with LeBlanc yet, but I might try her soon. The one thing I don't agree with is the suggested 10-0-21 mastery build. Because Improved Ignite boosts your AP *after* you cast Ignite, it doesn't really help that you're saving Ignite for finishing people off. IMO, it's just not worth sacrificing -15% Summoner Spell cooldowns for the occasional +10 AP.

Also, don't forget that LeBlanc can jump back to the place she jumped from. Before you flash/ult away from that Tryndamere or Shaco who chased you through that wall, remember you can also W back to the other side of the wall.

Obversity 01-09-2011 08:01 AM

How much IP does she cost? She sounds versatile, and I don't see her played often -- usually the hallmarks of something I'd like to try myself.

BogdanRaczynski 01-09-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

How much IP does she cost?
She costs 3150 I think.

Quote:

Also, don't forget that LeBlanc can jump back to the place she jumped from. Before you flash/ult away from that Tryndamere or Shaco who chased you through that wall, remember you can also W back to the other side of the wall.
I have that in my guide under "Distort juke"

Quote:

The one thing I don't agree with is the suggested 10-0-21 mastery build. Because Improved Ignite boosts your AP *after* you cast Ignite, it doesn't really help that you're saving Ignite for finishing people off. IMO, it's just not worth sacrificing -15% Summoner Spell cooldowns for the occasional +10 AP.
I have both talent trees listed, Ignite can be good to set up for a faceroll combo. Usually ignite will be overkill in this case.

Thanks for the feedback!

BOTLANE MOLESTER 01-09-2011 10:35 AM

I play leblanc all the time, and the better boots are the CDR boots over mpen boots. Just my two cents, not a bad build but I suggest getting a haunting guise before the deathcap for some more survivability and damage it really changes your early game.

BogdanRaczynski 01-09-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

I play leblanc all the time, and the better boots are the CDR boots over mpen boots. Just my two cents, not a bad build but I suggest getting a haunting guise before the deathcap for some more survivability and damage it really changes your early game.
The boots ARE a better choice for her over Sorc boots. Edited guide.

MauxFire 01-09-2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Nice Boat (Hozzászólás 5263143)
Interesting read. I haven't gotten much play with LeBlanc yet, but I might try her soon. The one thing I don't agree with is the suggested 10-0-21 mastery build. Because Improved Ignite boosts your AP *after* you cast Ignite, it doesn't really help that you're saving Ignite for finishing people off. IMO, it's just not worth sacrificing -15% Summoner Spell cooldowns for the occasional +10 AP..

It's more for the extra power early game. If you cast ignite right off the bat at level 1 you drive you're lane opponent back as well as get the 10 ap boost. By the time you are setting up for a kill the cool down should have popped. The 10 ap at the beginning can really change the outcome of your early game.

Grinningsphinx 01-09-2011 01:44 PM

Guide is fail

Title stats Facerolling with Leblanc

Guide states for advanced players

The two are mutually exclusive

Prometheius 01-09-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BogdanRaczynski (Hozzászólás 5268901)
The boots ARE a better choice for her over Sorc boots. Edited guide.

You're joking, right? 20% more damage >>>>Firing off another combo. That 20% is the difference between a kill or escape.

And if you're LB, just grab a DFG and go 9/0/21 w/ CDR Glyphs. There. Done. ~30% CDR already.

BogdanRaczynski 01-09-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

You're joking, right? 20% more damage >>>>Firing off another combo. That 20% is the difference between a kill or escape.

And if you're LB, just grab a DFG and go 9/0/21 w/ CDR Glyphs. There. Done. ~30% CDR already.
It's not 20% more damage, it's +20 Magic Pen for sorc boots. I would way rather concentrate my gold on mejais --> deathcap instead of getting CDR items that greatly reduce your overall AP mid game. The boots are an easy way for LeBlanc to gain good CDR without altering her overall build.

Edit*

Also LeBlanc needs full cooldown reduction to be effective in team battles.**