League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Best DPS tank? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=43147)

TokinPrez 01-04-2010 12:27 PM

Best DPS tank?

Hello everyone, my question is of the tanks which of them brings the best DPS, burst, ability to carry if forced to?

More I play, more friends I make and so I have been doing more premades, thing is, most people never want to roll a tank. I personally enjoy the role but I still like to be able to wtfpwn people or if I had to, carry the game.

I was using Mundo, I love stupid Mundo, a favorite of mine and I do well with him. I still roll with him in pugs but in premades I think that perhaps he does not bring enough to the table to warrant using him, but maybe I am wrong?

I do not have to be super tank, but tanky enough to get the job done. Tanks like Alistaar put me to sleep due to no damage output so nothing like him please :P

Anyways wonder what you all think?

Here are the tanks incase anyone forgets em all!

Alistar - Do not care for him
Amumu - Seems the nerf really hit him hard...?
Cho'Gath
Malphite
Kayle
Mundo
Rammus
Scion
Singed
Nunu
Nasus - games to fast anymore I find to make him worth it
Poppy (when released)...
Blitzcrank - Not really into him...

Thanks!

Razerwind 01-04-2010 12:29 PM

Go AP Cho'Gath. By the end you'll have over 4,000 HP if you go 2x Rod of Ages with feast stacks. You're hard to kill and your spells hit really hard. You can mix in a tank item and still hit pretty hard as well.

Logo 01-04-2010 12:41 PM

Kayle (who I wouldn't consider a tank really) will deal the most damage if not built as a tank.

As for tanking + dealing damage Cho'Gath, Nasus, Nunu, Scion, Mundo, Singe and Blitz all fill a tank + dps role to an extent. Which one is 'best' more comes down to what you need from your tank but I'd lean away from Scion, Singe, and possibly Mundo and more towards the others (all are strong tanks).

The other set of tanks (Amumu, Alistar, Rammus, Malphite) are more for tanking + initiating or setting up ganks.

JunkRamen 01-04-2010 12:41 PM

If games are going too fast for Nasus to be worth it, then you're probably at a much higher ELO than me... that being said I still see a lot of high level players say Nasus is a good, high DPS tank.

Aside from him though, I'd say probably the tanks that do the most damage are Cho'gath, Sion, Singed, and Nunu against a team that's low on disables.

Logo 01-04-2010 12:44 PM

Nasus is pretty strong throughout the game though Junk. Level 1 Spirit fire is great for early team fights, Wither rocks for ganking, his ult is uber damage, and his Strike gives him a ton of late game damage. All Nasus needs for strong DPS output is a Trinity Force while the rest of his items can be survivability.

nicosharp 01-04-2010 12:49 PM

Nunu
Mundo
Sion/Cho'gath

all decent at dealing good bursts of damage. In that order is my recommendation

NotJordy 01-04-2010 12:53 PM

Poppy.

TokinPrez 01-04-2010 12:55 PM

I used to play Nasus before the tower changes and stuff, when games tended to last longer and back then he was amazing because once he got his items, he was unstoppable, there would be times come endgame that I could with my ult solo the other team.

Now though, games are far far faster, towers go down quickly, lane phase ends quickly and I just find that Nasus lost a lot of his power because of it. Perhaps I am wrong though, I am far from a great player. I do wonder though, is his passive (would not think his ult) ruined by Executioners Calling?

I never played Kayle or Singed but I do own them so I could try em...

Mundo as I said I like a lot, early game I dominate and almost always can get FB if my lane mate is any good. Mundo can down towers easily but my issues are endgame he is to easily ignored by good players and I am seeing more and more executioners calling, nearly every game now. (Green, HULK SMASH, Mundo skin is amazing btw)

I will give Cho a try, I played him a bit before but did not really focus on him, what would be some builds for him and what sort of runes for a more DPS focused Cho? Is this Cho still viable compared to pure tanking version?

I also like Nunu a lot, but find his ult hard to get off often times and he doesnt scale as well come endgame but his earlygame is just awesome.

Rammus put out any real damage? I played him a little bit, very tanky...against a team with twitch, Yi, tryn, it was a lot of fun since they just killed themselves lol, but then i played against a heavy AP team and it was not as fun.

Thanks for all the replies...hard choice, guess I will keep messing with em and see who clicks best.

TokinPrez 01-04-2010 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotJordy (Hozzászólás 476866)
Poppy.

Care to elaborate? I cant use the test server, but I am excited for a new tank, she sounds neat and coming next week?

nicosharp 01-04-2010 12:57 PM

if you want the best tank, just pick rammus.. you are a tank, got get all greedy for kills, and win games. Rammus is the best tank and an amazing initiator.. hands down best for top tier play. gl.