League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   List of heroes who can solo mid (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=42403)

Steelrambo 01-01-2010 03:57 PM

List of heroes who can solo mid

Who all can solo mid? And what qualities about each of them allow this? Here's a start:

Ashe: Carry, needs gold in end game. Can harass reasonably well. Frost arrows can scare low-health opponents away.

Twisted Fate: Range, can/needs to farm. A skilled TF can make life hell for a single lane opponent with the gold card hold and Wild Cards. Ganking and returning is a lot easier with a Twisted Fate due to Gate.

Cho'Gath: Feasts faster and can ruin other lanes with said feasting.

Teemo: Harasses well, poison can get you some unexpected kills, as well as allow you to get extra room and push against an opponent who can not gauge poison's total damage well.

Karthus: Spam Lay Waste. Need I say more?

Heimerdinger: I hate seeing Heimer soloing mid on my team OR on the other team, but what can I do? He shuts the lane down with the turrets, and a skilled one can grenade and rocket to keep a lane pushed.

Anivia: Generally a good laner.

Sivir: Pusher extraordinaire. She can take down towers in her lane really quickly, and a skilled one can make it a ***** to last-hit minions in your lane.

Tristana: She is ranged and can eventually out-range just about any lane opponent.

EDIT: I'm looking for *reasons* specific people should take this lane, so if you add one, please add a reason for adding.

relkin 01-01-2010 04:07 PM

Ashe, Teemo, Katarina, Nasus, Cho'gath, TF. All have the Potential to do well in middle and will be that much better end game because of the solo time. The BEST solo mid in my opinion is TF really he is the only character that can go gank anywhere on the map and be back to the turret in time to defend it.

MrFreddy 01-01-2010 04:12 PM

Also, remember there are other champions such as Nunu, Tryndamere, Shaco, Yi etc., that solo mid because they want to level up to their ult and/or want to have a few levels to ensure good ganking. Solo mid is not necessarily placed because they're good at solo/harass.

Gatsbys 01-01-2010 04:18 PM

No one said Tristana yet.

Gamecmdr 01-01-2010 04:22 PM

i've seen some very good solomid tristanas, and at non high level premades a skilled udyr with turtle can pull it off. oh and ive seen some nasty solo mid veigars and twitches.

justifications

1. trist has great range allowing avoiding of harrassment and harrasing herself, and her jump can escape a gank or initiation one quite well. plus getting her ult early can set up an interesting gank or turn one on her against her attackers.

2.udyr can tank a ton of harrassment with turtle, and can quickly bear/stun and pheonix or tiger hit for some damage. though admittedly not as stong as all the others a good player wont be dominate.

3. veigar can last hit if on the defensive with balefule, or use it to harras. dark matter does a huge chunk of damage if it lands, and event horizon makes getting a gank in mid or avoiding one quite easy with its multiple opponet stun. and once he gets to level 6 if he has the mana a quick baleful-event horizon-dark matter-> then ult can easily get a kill.

4.twitch has decent range, and can harras with his normal attack plus passive. if hes being beat he can cloack and hang around till he regens. pus getting lvels early then having someone take mid means e can clean up in ganks with that level advantage.

Pyronymer 01-01-2010 04:26 PM

Janna should be on this list.

Raveyl 01-01-2010 04:29 PM

Cardmaster should be on this list as well. Very good solo mid.

Gamecmdr 01-01-2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raveyl (Hozzászólás 468063)

he is on the list, twisted fate is the cardmaster

Sad Faced Panda 01-01-2010 04:32 PM

Anyone can solo mid.

/thread

toomad 01-01-2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raveyl (Hozzászólás 468063)

TF = cardmaster jfyi (TF = twisted fate)