League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Why put healers in the game if you hate them so much? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=42286)

Mack The Knife 01-01-2010 07:40 AM

Why put healers in the game if you hate them so much?

So many healing debuffs (Ignite? Seriously?) in the game it might be time to shelve Taric for a bit.

ChaosXan 01-01-2010 07:46 AM

My only problem is that Executioners is too cheap for its strong debuff.

HeyJon 01-01-2010 09:23 AM

the buff lasts to long as well since it can be reapplied every hit -.-

Randomguy360 01-01-2010 09:24 AM

taric? atleast taric can do stuff other than heal... try playing soraka and get back to me.

seresibyl 01-01-2010 09:29 AM

Posted about this a few days ago.

I don't understand why they hate healers so much.

It seriously makes heals useless to be reduced by 65%.

They become out of combat heals...

treehugger 01-01-2010 09:45 AM

Riot enjoys the suffering of their player base.

Their meeting is probably compose of several hours of laughing.

Critical Error 01-01-2010 09:56 AM

Pretty sure the 65% number was out there because when you had a lot of people playing healer/had heal summoner spell, it was pretty powerful. Kind of sucks for the lone healer in a more balanced squad though as with 3-4 healers, even with 65% debuff you could pump out heal, but as a solo healer you just cant compete.

ConeEtho 01-01-2010 12:46 PM

Healing reduction is the only counter to things like a team with Alistar, Soraka, Taric, Heal and Rally combos. And it is good as it is.

If you have a single healer and the other team mass anti-heal against you, great, they won't be countering your allies. If they do a single exec calling, you will be still able to heal area of effects fully in all your allies but the primary target. You will also be able to control lanes as well as you would if such items did not exist, as long as you retreat a bit when you need healing.

Basically if you use your head the counter is not such a big problem. The problem is, people like to whine way mroe than they like to think.

Mack The Knife 01-01-2010 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConeEtho (Hozzászólás 467339)
If you have a single healer and the other team mass anti-heal against you, great, they won't be countering your allies. If they do a single exec calling, you will be still able to heal area of effects fully in all your allies but the primary target. You will also be able to control lanes as well as you would if such items did not exist, as long as you retreat a bit when you need healing.

Is that what you call thinking? I'll take the whiners then, please.

Parkinsonian 01-01-2010 04:33 PM

If you read the Test Realm patch notes, they're buffing Spirit Visage to increase healing and regen by 30%