League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Ryze Item Build, Feedback welcome! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=42230)

1337LoL 12-31-2009 10:38 PM

Ryze Item Build, Feedback welcome!

All games i start with:
Sapp crystal
mana/health pot

After I make a Rod of Ages because it gives health mana and AP which are all the stats ryze needs. It gives him good early game survivability damage and mana for overload damage increase.

I get my mercury's treads after my rod of ages. Kind of an obvious choice.

After I banshee veil which gives even more health and mana plus some magic res to go along with my treads. This gives ryze good defense against casters and absorbing spells is good. Mid game hes fairly difficult to kill and with loads of mana his overload hits hard enough.

I get Zhonya's Ring for the massive AP increase and mana increase. The 25% AP increase works good with his ult (granting an extra 37AP to the 150 granted).

Games that last long enough i would go Archangels staff for even more mana. By now I would have about 3400-3500 mana so the 2% grants about an xtra 75AP.

My total build is:
Rod of Ages
Mercury Treads
Banshee veil
Zhonya's Ring
Archangels Staff

Basically I start with mana/health with slight AP for early game overload/rune prisons for early kills and near the end i get way more AP since Spell Flux + Desperate Power becomes much more usually in team fights.

For summoner abilitys I usually do heal/exhaust or heal/teleport. I get heal because no1 else on my team usually gets it. Exhaust is nice to peel melee off myself or stop range from destroying me. Teleport is just kind of nice to have to bounce around the map, just a preference. I never found an awesome use for cleanse.

Feedback?

zoau 01-01-2010 03:33 AM

i like building tear of the goddess as first item. you are eventually going for archangels staff anyway and having a lot of mana midgame is great to kill with a low Q skill.

edino 01-01-2010 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1337LoL (Hozzászólás 466094)
All games i start with:
Sapp crystal
mana/health pot

After I make a Rod of Ages because it gives health mana and AP which are all the stats ryze needs. It gives him good early game survivability damage and mana for overload damage increase.

I get my mercury's treads after my rod of ages. Kind of an obvious choice.

After I banshee veil which gives even more health and mana plus some magic res to go along with my treads. This gives ryze good defense against casters and absorbing spells is good. Mid game hes fairly difficult to kill and with loads of mana his overload hits hard enough.

I get Zhonya's Ring for the massive AP increase and mana increase. The 25% AP increase works good with his ult (granting an extra 37AP to the 150 granted).

Games that last long enough i would go Archangels staff for even more mana. By now I would have about 3400-3500 mana so the 2% grants about an xtra 75AP.

My total build is:
Rod of Ages
Mercury Treads
Banshee veil
Zhonya's Ring
Archangels Staff

Basically I start with mana/health with slight AP for early game overload/rune prisons for early kills and near the end i get way more AP since Spell Flux + Desperate Power becomes much more usually in team fights.

For summoner abilitys I usually do heal/exhaust or heal/teleport. I get heal because no1 else on my team usually gets it. Exhaust is nice to peel melee off myself or stop range from destroying me. Teleport is just kind of nice to have to bounce around the map, just a preference. I never found an awesome use for cleanse.

Feedback?

good guide even tho i would pick sorcerors boots instead of mercurys treeads since you can counter cc pretty good. Then i also get void staff ( 40% resist ignore)

Synxxx 01-01-2010 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edino (Hozzászólás 466604)
good guide even tho i would pick sorcerors boots instead of mercurys treeads since you can counter cc pretty good. Then i also get void staff ( 40% resist ignore)

Both of these are very good points.

If you aren't going against a disable-heavy team, Sorc Boots are going to benefit you a lot more than Merc Treads. Void staff is great lategame, but I'd get a Glacial Shroud first, because this build is severely lacking on CDR.

1337LoL 01-01-2010 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synxxx (Hozzászólás 466702)
Both of these are very good points.

If you aren't going against a disable-heavy team, Sorc Boots are going to benefit you a lot more than Merc Treads. Void staff is great lategame, but I'd get a Glacial Shroud first, because this build is severely lacking on CDR.

hmm because of his passive I've never found need for much CDR, sometimes I will switch out out banshee veil for some CDR depending on what im facing but not usually. Yeah I usually face heavy disable teams, I guess im just use to Merc treads.

Phoxly 01-01-2010 10:54 AM

The last patch called, they want their AP Ryze build back.

Or is AP Ryze back in style? Last I heard I thought the new Ryze patch made the AP ratio's on Ryze no longer viable so now people played him as a high mana, low cooldown character? If I was going to go the AP route I'd go with Meja stacks primarily because if anyone can get those stacks it'd be a low cooldown spam-nuke Ryze and his shutdown and easy assisted kills.

Considering Overload does +10% of his max mana + a set amount of damage, if you had 3k mana thats 300 damage + whatever it would normally do?.

1337LoL 01-01-2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoxly (Hozzászólás 467175)
The last patch called, they want their AP Ryze build back.

Or is AP Ryze back in style? Last I heard I thought the new Ryze patch made the AP ratio's on Ryze no longer viable so now people played him as a high mana, low cooldown character? If I was going to go the AP route I'd go with Meja stacks primarily because if anyone can get those stacks it'd be a low cooldown spam-nuke Ryze and his shutdown and easy assisted kills.

Considering Overload does +10% of his max mana + a set amount of damage, if you had 3k mana thats 300 damage + whatever it would normally do?.

Well yes overload gains most of its power from the amount of mana ryze holds but..

AP affects his spell flux and late game you use desperate power + spell flux to deal insane damage because of desperate powers AOE. If spell flux is cast on close targets with desperate power up and good enough AP the AOE damage you deal is absolutely insane. This is extremely useful in team fights.

This build grants enough AP to help spell flux do damage and also gives over 3000 mana(notice all items give mana) to make overload do good damage. The only thing the build sacrifices is CDR which isn't as good as AP/mana/surv.

Phoxly 01-01-2010 03:25 PM

I tried the build out just now, we lost... but I kicked some ass. Very expensive items though, I didn't make it through the list of items to get. I skipped Rod of Ages cause I threw in a Glacial Shroud and Frozen Heart mid game. But it seems AP isn't totally out, but I go for mana first.

1337LoL 01-01-2010 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoxly (Hozzászólás 467917)
I tried the build out just now, we lost... but I kicked some ass. Very expensive items though, I didn't make it through the list of items to get. I skipped Rod of Ages cause I threw in a Glacial Shroud and Frozen Heart mid game. But it seems AP isn't totally out, but I go for mana first.

The rod is a good amount of health mana ap early on. Thats mainly why i use it. It gives u mana/surv/AP.

Phoxly 01-01-2010 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1337LoL (Hozzászólás 467956)
The rod is a good amount of health mana ap early on. Thats mainly why i use it. It gives u mana/surv/AP.

I always lose when I go for a Rod, either before I build it, or I end the game with a catalyst in my inventory. Its so expensive and if you are having a horrible early game, you're worthless later on.