League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   I suck at Jax - Help! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=41672)

Micar 12-30-2009 05:32 AM

I suck at Jax - Help!

Hey can any experienced Jax users out there gimme a hand?

I just bought Jax and was really excited to play him, i liked the idea of getting lots of Attack Speed and counter striking and stuff but ive found him to be incredibly under whelming.

I first tried getting ninja tabi boots and phage but found that i could do ZERO dmg and people were able to just walk away from me.

So i tried a more dps orientated build of zerker greaves and starks and last whisper but still my dps was lack luster and i went down extremely quick.

Ive played 3 games so far and lost all BADLY, and its broken my previous 10game winning streak i had going (im level 22 with 90 wins, 71 loses).

Can someone help me out, ive read a fair few guides and i tried out different builds but i feel like im letting my team down by not being able to do anything! Any tips, do i need to farm more? A good newbie guide?

Thanks

Skeith 12-30-2009 05:42 AM

Humm

I never played Jax, but it seems that you need to put some attack speed in it. I think that Ninja Tabi and Last Whisper aren't items that you must always do. Ninja Tabi is an item to survive physical damage and Last Whisper is to penetrate armor, so best used against tankers. I think a Malady and a berserker greaves are good items to start with it.

Micar 12-30-2009 05:43 AM

Alright thanks, ill give that a try. But any more tips of if someone wants to flesh out a guide, that would be awesome.

Skeith 12-30-2009 05:57 AM

This guide might help you:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=30759

Micar 12-30-2009 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeith (Hozzászólás 459118)

Thanks, this is just the kind of guide i was looking for.

rubb3r 12-30-2009 06:48 AM

Haven't played Jax in a month but here's the build I used to use:
Vampiric Scepter
Ninja Tabi
Malady (early game attack speed goes nicely with your ult)
Phage (slowing your opponent is great for chasing them down)
Triforce
Phantom Dancer

For runes I maxed out dodge seals and quints (jax is a dodge beast) and got a lot of armor pen and crit.

For masteries I put 9 points into utility to get nimbleness (jax is one speedy mofo) and the rest into attack for jax's crazy dps)

As for skills I focused on leap and counter, and ult whenever I could. Don't bother much with empower early game because you're just going to end up wasting mana that could go into leaps and counters, much more effective for ganks when you're low level.

A nice trick to gank a guy is to purposely run into minions to get a dodge in. This gets your counter up and your bonus speed, so you can then leap onto your enemy and counter stun him. Paired off with your ult and your crit runes you get a couple free seconds to rain pain down on him.

Lovely Dolphin 12-30-2009 07:44 AM

jax is pretty bad for team fights

FABIOForever 12-30-2009 08:34 AM

I don't get why everyone always says ninja boots are a must on Jax. Because of diminishing returns, dodge items aren't any more effective on Jax than any other hero. All it does is activate counter attack more often, but the limiting reagent with that is cooldown, not how often you dodge.

Lemons 12-30-2009 11:01 AM

My build:
Doran's Shield + red potion
Ninja Tabi
Phage + Giant's Belt
Malady
Frozen Mallet

By then the game should be finished. Be sure to upgrade the ult as much as possible. Also don't focus on getting empowered. Get leap and counter attack most. For chasing, the mallet should help, but you can always leap and stun, since most of the chase starts around their minions, you would easily dodge the minions attack.

Runes
Armor Penetration
Dodge
Cooldown
Dodge.

Also for masteries I did mostly defense with maxed perseverance in utility.

Micar 12-30-2009 03:52 PM

Thanks im just getting into a game now, only thing im worried about is not hitting hard enough before they get away.