League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 21

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Best/Worst heroes (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=41221)

Loric 12-28-2009 07:31 PM

Best/Worst heroes

I understand that all heroes can be played viably, but clearly some are worse than others. Who do you think are

The top 3 most powerful heroes?

The top 3 most USEFUL heroes on a team? (For any reason)

The top 3 worst heroes?

Izaakku 12-28-2009 07:35 PM

There are no "best" or "worst" heroes, The champions are only as good as the person playing them is.

Loric 12-28-2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izaakku (Hozzászólás 454228)
There are no "best" or "worst" heroes, The champions are only as good as the person playing them is.

I said I understand this. But heroes are routinely nerfed or buffed because they are too powerful or weak. If you think every hero has the same potential... keep it to yourself, I'm speaking to those who think otherwise.

JunkRamen 12-28-2009 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izaakku (Hozzászólás 454228)

No. Just because picking the best champion doesn't guarantee a win doesn't mean imbalance is completely non-existant in this game. Skill does not remove imbalance.

HowlingKommando 12-28-2009 08:09 PM

I'm not going to pick any best or worst heroes, but I'd say that a good Twisted Fate can be especially game changing. His ultimate in particular is ridiculously powerful in the right hands.

A good Blitzcrank is also always great to have for starting team fights. Late game, where one hero dying can often mean the game's done, he's very scary to fight against even when you got Banshee's.

Shaco can be freakin' crazy in terms of his damage output.

And I still consider Twitch outranging towers as being unfair.

MeanBean 12-28-2009 09:10 PM

Whoever said there is no imbalance is simply wrong.

So here, in my opinion.
Top 3 heroes:
Twisted fate (Best ganker in the game as well as having excellent lane control. His teleport can even be used as an escape).
Twitch (As far as I understood, the rat is hardly used on the american server. On the EU he is pretty much the best late game carry there is, simply because there is no other hero that can out-dps him in a 5v5 fight. Also, a great ganker. The player with the highest elo on europe is a twitch player, not surprisingly)
Teemo (Map control, nice dps and blind for the opposing twitch/yi.)

Most useful:
Kayle (Her ult on a fed dps really does wonders.)
Blitz (You know those stalemates where the weaker team is hiding in their base while the stronger team feels like they cant push in due to too much AoE? This is where the long arm of Blitz solves the dilemma.)
Rammus (Good initiator with flash. Can lock down a caster in teamfights with his taunt and being generally indestructable. Great chaser for mopping up those who flee.)

The bottomfeeders:
Udyr (Yes, the beastyboy. So, he is extremely hard to kill. He can also kill someone if he is allowed to chase him across the map. So what?)
Heimer (So he has 2 nukes. Why not just use veigar or annie instead?)
Katarina (Dont get me wrong, Ive player with some pretty awesome Katas. Its just that she is all about her ult and it can be interupted. She is also fragile.)

Awesomenesss 12-28-2009 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeanBean (Hozzászólás 454467)
Whoever said there is no imbalance is simply wrong.

So here, in my opinion.

The bottomfeeders:
Udyr (Yes, the beastyboy. So, he is extremely hard to kill. He can also kill someone if he is allowed to chase him across the map. So what?)
Katarina (Dont get me wrong, Ive player with some pretty awesome Katas. Its just that she is all about her ult and it can be interupted. She is also fragile.)

Noob. Udyr is a crazy ass OP hero when played right.
Kat is same.

MeanBean 12-28-2009 11:57 PM

Udyr is practically unkillable but thats just about it. Hes just ...there. Not doing anything useful. Udyr with uber items will never wreck face like a jax or yi would.

JunkRamen 12-29-2009 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpongeBobSquarepants (Hozzászólás 454765)
Noob. Udyr is a crazy ass OP hero when played right.
Kat is same.

I wouldn't call him OP, but he can shine in some specific match-ups. And that's really what Udyr is, IMO... highly match-up specific. He's good at staying in lane and chasing with bear... aside from that I don't see much reason to bring him over someone else for any role.

Bait 12-29-2009 12:25 AM

the top hero is twisted fate. the very top players specialize in him.