League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Only going to make fantasy champions..? Why not other time periods..? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=409366)

Everborn 12-22-2010 09:30 PM

Only going to make fantasy champions..? Why not other time periods..?

I always thought a couple of champions NOT from fantasy backrounds would be cool, why not? Why not an army ranger with a M16 or something? id be cool. Why not have tons of champions from all different backrounds & time periods. Special Forces Ranger & so on.. stuff like that, anyone agree this would be a cool addon? They should release them in packs... present day pack...future space pack & so on. I dont think the downvotes are needed.. I think its a good convo.

Shaella 12-22-2010 09:30 PM

That wouldn't make sense

Layotees 12-22-2010 09:31 PM

Because they care at least a little bit about the lore?

Braains 12-22-2010 09:31 PM

Space marine hero NAO!

rashok 12-22-2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everborn (Hozzászólás 4894677)
I always thought a couple of champions NOT from fantasy backrounds would be cool, why not? Why not an army ranger with a M16 or something? id be cool. Why not have tons of champions from all different backrounds & time periods. Special Forces Ranger & so on.. stuff like that, anyone agree this would be a cool addon? They should release them in packs... present day pack...future space pack & so on.

I think the new champ, Caitlyn, is going to be steampunk and have a sniper rifle. Close enough?

Shaella 12-22-2010 09:32 PM

basically, its the same reason they don't put medieval knights in Halo
IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Vanadel 12-22-2010 09:33 PM

While we are at it they should add copyrighted material like Pikachu and Naruto.

Everborn 12-22-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaella (Hozzászólás 4894725)
IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

I dont see it as the same, thats a bit different..that has alot of story line in the game and that just wouldnt fit. there isnt to much story to this game..it would work & fit I think. Each champion has there own story in this game & its just a pvp.

Shaella 12-22-2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everborn (Hozzászólás 4894761)
I dont see it as the same, thats a bit different..that has alot of story line in the game and that just wouldnt fit. there isnt to much story to this game..it would work & fit I think. Each champion has there own story in this game & its just a pvp.

There's a lot of story in this game
You're just not paying attention

Dr Sloth MD 12-22-2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaella (Hozzászólás 4894725)
IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

You have clearly never seen Heroscape, which coincidentally is also about summoning various heroic beings to fight for you. Difference is, they don't give two ****s whether they're from the same time period, and that's what makes it awesome.

Who doesn't want to battle dinosaurs vs. robots vs. zombie dogs vs. Drow? Suckas, that's who.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaella (Hozzászólás 4894770)
There's a lot of story in this game
You're just not paying attention

The story is completely irrelevant to the game itself, all the lore is just an excuse to say why we've got snake ladies and tiny girls with demonic teddy bears duking it out. You can have champions from factions that are sworn enemies on the same team, that should tell you how important the "story" is.