League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Twitch for the Win (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=40750)

BelowMe 12-27-2009 08:22 AM

Twitch for the Win

Hello everyone,

I have been playing (and owning) with Twitch for quite a while now and I would like to share my build and ideas behind him so if you want to be a force to be reckoned with every game do some reading and I look forward to seeing you in game :)

http://www.leaguecraft.com/strategie...e+Team+Winning

edino 12-27-2009 08:46 AM

Hey i got a guide! stack anything that gives aspd/damage/crit/lifesteal and then faceroll your way to 30/0/~

Viro Melchior 12-27-2009 10:59 AM

31/0/2 is my record. Typically /surrenders happen before that.

Seriously though, twitch is super-easy at low ELO. It's at the higher skill levels that he is hard.

Doran's Shield is a nice start, but it suffers from the drawback of delaying your ability to turbo-gank, which is really where Twitch needs to focus. I highly prefer starting with either the Vampiric Scepter or any build that has an item you'll use later plus some health potions.

From my experience, Twitch can start ganking early on after getting a Malady (Vamp Scepter + 1440), or midgame with Berserker Greaves + Longsword added (aiming for a Black Cleaver for the +damage to complement his attack speed that he already has gotten).

Why Twitch should ALWAYS get Malady:
The debuff immensely helps his low starting damage.
Malady has a total cost of 1890 gold. That's 37.8 gold per 1% attack speed.
Zeal (1195) is 59.75 per 1%.
Phantom Dancer (3395) is 75.44 per 1%.
Dagger/Recurve bow have better rate of attack speed than Malady, but no extra effects.

Malady is single-handedly the most efficient bonus to attack speed you'll be picking up, and has phenomenal synergy for Twitch with it's other bonuses. Sure it doesn't help your proc Infinity Edge more, but I can have Malady by level 6-8 in a partnered lane, or level 7-9 in the middle lane (faster if I get kills, which is common). Early gank ability from Malady means more money which means you save up for your other items faster, as well as denying your enemies xp. You just can't completely ignore the early game.

That said, I'm not a proponent of Infinity Edge either, although it certainly is amazing. I prefer the Black Cleaver for maximum debuff stacking (poison, Malady, Cleaver). After that comes Infinity, although rarely does a game go long enough to put it to good use.

Vampiric Scepter -> Malady, Berserker Greaves, Black Cleaver, Zeal, Infinity Edge, Banshee's Veil, turn Zeal into Phantom Dancer.

For a variant on your build, I would suggest Vampiric Scepter, Avarice Blade, Malady, Infinity Edge, +hp item (veil is my favorite since it also gets through stuns against annoying counter-gankers like Annie), Phantom Dancer

BelowMe 12-27-2009 12:45 PM

I used to play the malady attack speed twitch but after going pure crit and damage I wont go back honestly Malady and black Cleaver all look really good on paper but in an actual game I have found hitting 3 times for 500 damage each is better than 10 times for 150 damage. Specially in a team fight situation where as soon as you start firing the enemy is scattering and your 3 hits, usually against a good player your only going to get 1 or 2 in, need to count and count big. The Zeal and the Phantom dancer are not about the attack speed thats just an added bonus its about the crit and move speed the attack speed jsut makes it a perfect thing to throw into the build to increase your damage exponentially. Getting attack speed too soon and your stunting yourself. Life Steal for the most part is just a gimmick, easily countered with exhaust or stuns or anything else, and now that Executioners calling is in the game I find it useless. With my twitch build even at lvl 1 if you hit that 5% chance you will take 1/4 of your opponents hp and you quickly turn that into 30% chance and start build more oomph for it with infinity.

I know there is quite a bit of discussion about Twitch being low ELO only but I assure you thats just talk Twitch is a High Tier character as long as you stay away from Malady and lifesteal in general. I am not a new player I have been in this since closed beta and I win more than I lose I cant boast being top elo but I will say Twitch works where I am at and it sure isnt Low elo.

HappyBday 12-27-2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BelowMe (Hozzászólás 449746)
I used to play the malady attack speed twitch but after going pure crit and damage I wont go back honestly Malady and black Cleaver all look really good on paper but in an actual game I have found hitting 3 times for 500 damage each is better than 10 times for 150 damage. Specially in a team fight situation where as soon as you start firing the enemy is scattering and your 3 hits, usually against a good player your only going to get 1 or 2 in, need to count and count big. The Zeal and the Phantom dancer are not about the attack speed thats just an added bonus its about the crit and move speed the attack speed jsut makes it a perfect thing to throw into the build to increase your damage exponentially. Getting attack speed too soon and your stunting yourself. Life Steal for the most part is just a gimmick, easily countered with exhaust or stuns or anything else, and now that Executioners calling is in the game I find it useless. With my twitch build even at lvl 1 if you hit that 5% chance you will take 1/4 of your opponents hp and you quickly turn that into 30% chance and start build more oomph for it with infinity.

I know there is quite a bit of discussion about Twitch being low ELO only but I assure you thats just talk Twitch is a High Tier character as long as you stay away from Malady and lifesteal in general. I am not a new player I have been in this since closed beta and I win more than I lose I cant boast being top elo but I will say Twitch works where I am at and it sure isnt Low elo.

this cleared up quiet a lot of stuff on my mind. I along with many other twitches have been rushing the lifesteal / malady / atk speed, but after reading a bit on some guides and your post I am going to give crit / dmg twitch a try.

Rydog 12-27-2009 02:23 PM

Quote:

Great item build and play advice. I also wrote a pretty detailed guide that you can see here, which uses essentially the same item build, except I stack a few big-damage items (Bloodthirster and Black Cleaver) prior to building a Phantom Dancer.

One thing to stress in team fights is to make sure you're sealing a numerical advantage anytime it's apparent that you're going to die. A smart team WILL learn to focus-fire you, so you always want to be gunning them down from a well-chosen position. If your team loses one, and you can see to it that they lose three in return as they all turn and focus you, your death will buy an awful lot of pushing power for a well-organized team.

WasabiCannon 12-27-2009 06:40 PM

I used to love my Speed/lifesteal twitch but after using this guide and changing it a little to fit my playstyle I will never look back.

So far I have only lost 2 of my past 10 games and both the Teemo and the Shaco in those games had a weird img buff. It was like 4 - 5 colors on the top part of the picture with "img" on them, seemed like they were always critting the whole game.

Like I know Teemo is a beast but when every regular shot takes 2 and 1/2 bars when your both lvl 1.

BelowMe 12-28-2009 05:02 AM

Twitch is the Glass Cannon of Death you will be killed you should be killed first the name of the game is to kill as many as you can before you go just like Rydog said :)

I am glad you enjoy the build Ninjor ty :) I am unsure what the img buff is but I have seen it myself although I cant recall any extraordinary things from the champions I have seen it on.

At the moment this advice should be disregarded since the Agility Potions are bugged but once they are fixed try running with one of them up as much as possible as long as you secure at least one kill within the 3-4 minutes it lasts then you have made your money back. But as I said they are bugged now to stay away from them The give you 15% crit chance but remove 20% when they wear off leaving you 5% in the hole every pot which I can tell you hurt bad I had a game where I had an Infinity and only a 3% crit chance LOL.

My favorite Twitch game happened a day or two ago and is a great example of how great a character he is and how one whoops and Twitch changes games. Basically it was Premade vs Premade 5v5 summoners rift and my side wasnt looking to hot the other team had it together pretty well every fight I was cc'd or killed right out It was extremely frustrating I started getting careless and popping up right in the middle of team fights it was getting bad. Then it happened, In one team fight I was not attacked first they just popped an exhaust on me and attacked other mates I quickly flashed into a bush wait a second or two from exhaust popped ulti and BAM Quadra kill we pushed to win game over. If anyone here is playing or playing against Twitch read and understand .... Twitch cannot be forgotten even the worst player in the game with the right items and the accidental right position can change everything He is really squishy blow him up move on or lose :)

rubb3r 12-28-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Life Steal for the most part is just a gimmick, easily countered with exhaust or stuns or anything else, and now that Executioners calling is in the game I find it useless. With my twitch build even at lvl 1 if you hit that 5% chance you will take 1/4 of your opponents hp and you quickly turn that into 30% chance and start build more oomph for it with infinity.

How does Doran's Shield over Vampiric Scepter improve your damage?

BelowMe 12-29-2009 05:27 AM

Dead Twitch does no Damage. Hp and Hp Regen plus a little armor to boot mean you can stand toe to toe just a litle bit longer than the person who grabbed lifesteal. Lifesteal requires you to be attacking and hitting to heal up, Dorans Shield does not. Anytime I see a Twitch start with Vampiric Scepter I just laugh and go to their lane and teach them the power of a real Twitch build. Any decent player would just harass you enough to count your life steal and keep you away from the creeps making you go back to base anyway. With dorans you jsut relax hang by the turret and let its regen take effect then get back in there.