League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Malphite - Underplayed? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=39338)

AmyOverlord 12-22-2009 04:16 PM

Malphite - Underplayed?

Just from a chat in public chat earlier, is Malphite underplayed? It seems that way to me. I rarely see him in any matches, but when I do, he rapes. Because of his slow and ramming attack. He's also a very consistent tank.

Is it because he's hard to use/master? What is it? @.@

Chillspawn 12-22-2009 04:29 PM

Because hes only good versus physical carries. Mages will wreck him.

Demoncut 12-22-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chillspawn (Hozzászólás 434158)
Because hes only good versus physical carries. Mages will wreck him.

Wrong, wrong wrong wrong, wrong.

Malphite is fantastic, no reason he should be underplayed, I play him very frequently and often have more kills and way less deaths than my team, even as tank/defense spec and being the one to engage in 5v5 team fights. One of the best tanks in LoL.

Mages are no problem at all for malphite, just need to get smart items and make good use of runes.

Bait 12-22-2009 04:52 PM

malphite used to be the #1. tank.

he his stun was nerfed a bit but his core abilities/stats/effects hasn't changed much.

the changes to flash benefitted alistar and hurt malphite. malphite is still played by elo players but the frequency has gone down significantly. imo, they fixed him fairly well. he is still a deadly initiator, has high damage for a tank, and is a solid addition to any team.

only problem is, alistar is better now.

JunkRamen 12-22-2009 05:49 PM

He seems fine to me, if not a bit 1 dimensional. I don't see what makes him especially weak against casters though. You lose some damage from GS from not stacking armor, but his ult is much more dangerous on low HP targets.

Chillspawn 12-22-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncut (Hozzászólás 434199)
Wrong, wrong wrong wrong, wrong.

Malphite is fantastic, no reason he should be underplayed, I play him very frequently and often have more kills and way less deaths than my team, even as tank/defense spec and being the one to engage in 5v5 team fights. One of the best tanks in LoL.

Mages are no problem at all for malphite, just need to get smart items and make good use of runes.

Well I was saying that as a mage standpoint.. Not as malphite standpoint.. When I fight oter malphtes as mage, they usually go down pretty quick.. But I do have t agree when i play malphite, ult bomb, ground slam then seimsic shard pretty much rocks any squishy.. Still, there are much better tanks than malphite to fight mages.

The Hye Circus 12-23-2009 06:36 AM

Because when I play him in a Solo Match (aka a pub) and I ult towards the enemy to begin my combo with my team behind me, they normally run, leaving me to tank them for about a full ten seconds that people could be getting prime damage in and making sure I don't end up dead. But what happens is they run into the jungle or to the fountain and I'm getting someone down 1/4 life but can't finish it off because my entire team is gone and I'm being ulted left and right.

/is angry

12-23-2009 08:17 AM

I can't seem to find a reason for this thread.

Malphite is one of my favourite Champions and an awesome tank; i play with him very often actually.

to Chillspawn
I can't understand where other tanks are better than Malphite fighting mages in particular or any other type of champion for that matter; they are all relatively balanced imo...In fact i believe i die more often with carries than mages. I don't think any tank have any special magic shield or higher MR or similar mechanism that corroborates your statement.
Maybe hes just underplayed cause it costs 3k or people think is ugly...

to The Hye Circus
A key element in Malphite is choosing the right moment to ulti, well a key in any champion . :D

Rudeboymike 12-23-2009 08:41 AM

Malphite underplayed? hah

Malphite is one of the better tanks and initiators in the game. If you think hes underplayed or squishy to mages... you probably arent in the same bracket.

Axecution 12-23-2009 08:50 AM

Problems with playing tank classes:

1) they get KSed way to often (not that this is a problem if it's a carry but most times it isn't even a carry)
2) 2/3 times when they initiate teamies will back out (leaving them to get mauled)
3) everyone fires off their ulti on them.

I've been taken out (with 2,600 HP and 40% p-reduction/30% m-reduction) in 4.21 seconds after initiating and incapacitating one champion with a stun.

This is not something Riot could/would/should fix. It's just the nature of a tank champions. They're meat shields for the DD'ers/Carries/Mages.