League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Help me Choose a new Carry (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=38085)

Mad Scientists 12-19-2009 11:19 AM

Help me Choose a new Carry

At the moment I'm a summoner level 20, and I have been playing Ryze pretty decently. However, I want to start playing a more solid carry. It doesn't have to be a "carry" in the traditional sense, I am a little dissapointed they nerfed Ryze's stun and his passive autoattacks (even though it was an overall ryze buff, it was a nerf to 1v1 and killing turrets), the new cooldown reduction / mana stacking is pretty decent but I am looking for a change of pace. What do you guys suggest? I'd like an early harass hero that can stop people from farming early game but also turns into a god end game. :-) a slow/stun would be helpful for survivability.

Thanks for the upcoming suggestions.

Without a Name 12-19-2009 11:33 AM

I would suggest Nasus. He's something completely different to Ryze but is a really good Champion.
In my opinion he is one of the high tier champions wich are also vilable in high ELO matches.

He has a Slow and can deal nice damage if played right. He isn't easy to play but can own everything if well played.

Kamitsu 12-19-2009 11:33 AM

Teemo seems to fit your demands nicely.

Piranha Petunia 12-19-2009 11:38 AM

From what you describe, Ashe or Tristana sound like your ladies.

Mad Scientists 12-19-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piranha Petunia (Hozzászólás 421913)
From what you describe, Ashe or Tristana sound like your ladies.

i played ashe, a little too fragile for me, no "oh ****" buttons to get away apart from whatever summoner ability.

hated tristana :p, although i never gave her a chance

Mad Scientists 12-19-2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamitsu (Hozzászólás 421897)
Teemo seems to fit your demands nicely.

i was saving to buy teemo next but it looks like teemo is getting slowly phased out, like.. not many people play him any more because a lot of people have had a lot of practice against him.

Muscle March 12-19-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Scientists (Hozzászólás 421920)
i was saving to buy teemo next but it looks like teemo is getting slowly phased out, like.. not many people play him any more because a lot of people have had a lot of practice against him.

I think it has to do more with teemo not being in the list of the week's given champions anymore.

rEv3 12-19-2009 12:25 PM

Udyr

r3vile 12-19-2009 12:30 PM

if you are skilled enough to play evelyn, then she should be your best choice ;)

Basilisk9466 12-19-2009 06:17 PM

Three champs spring to mind as being both kings of early game harassment and late-game domination - Tristana, Fiddlesticks and Nunu.

Tristana is one of the most frustrating opponents imaginable if played to her strengths as a solo mid. I've played her a lot, and with the exception of a well played Yi (Alpha strike is a pain in the arse) and Fiddlesticks (Drain... ugh), I've yet to face a champ that I can't completely dominate, some to the point where they can't even get in range to last hit. She's an excellent farmer thanks to explosive shot, rocket jump gives her both chase and an panic button, and the explosive shot active is very powerful early game, particularly against other squishies. Add in her range, and she's a very dangerous foe early on. Late game, thanks to rapid fire, she can reach insane amounts of damage.

Fiddlesticks is a real terror, as casters go - Terrify is a surprisingly frustrating disable, Dark Wind is a nice farming tool and harassing spell, and Drain gives him a huge amount of sustainability. Late game, he retains all that, and also has Crowstorm, which can quickly change the dynamic of a team fight. His abilities also start out pretty cheap mana-wise, so they're reasonably spammable.

Finally, Nunu is a fairly devastating force if allowed to get going. I wouldn't try to solo mid with him (got my doubts about melees being there), but Ice Blast does huge damage and slows, while Consume regens a massive chunk of health. Blood Boil, combined with some good boots, can make him virtually uncatchable if it comes to a chase. I've gone 1v2 with Nunu and not only held my tower, but even got kills just through Ice Blast. And then there's his ult... the channelling time is a weakness, yes. But it's an AoE effect that slows and can, with the recent BUFF, easily do 2k damage. Oh, and he's got enough health that, with the right items, he can be a half-decent tank.