League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Comprehensive Trundle Jungle Guide (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=377058)

TGDM 12-04-2010 09:55 AM

Comprehensive Trundle Jungle Guide

Everything about everything you need to know about Trundle the Troll and how to thrive in the jungle with him. I'm constantly updating this guide to add new ideas and whims that come to mind so feel free to check it later on as well for updated tips.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...e-jungle-36096

For those of you who just want the basics here and now (without depth):

Spells:
Smite, Ghost

Masteries:
21/0/9

Runes:
Armor Pen Marks
Health Seals
CDR Glyphs
Armor Pen Quints

Jungle Path:
Link to Map Guide

1. Before minions spawn, watch the river brush to make sure no one is coming to gank your blue. Ask teammates to guard other entrances as well.
2. When minions spawn, kill the largest wolf and then leave as soon as it is dead. Use Bite often. Chug potions as soon as damage starts coming in.
3. Big blue golem first, then little minions.
4. Return to wolves
5. Mini golems
6. Big red lizard, then little minions
7. Ghosts

Items:
Early-
1x Cloth Armor
5x Health Potion

Mid-
1x Wriggle's Lantern
1x Boots of Speed
1x Avarice Blade
1x Giant's Belt
1x Recurve Bow

Late-
1x Wriggle's Lantern
1x Mercury's Treads
1x Youmuu's Ghostblade
1x Madred's Bloodrazor
1x Frozen Mallet
1x The Bloodthirster

Pobeb 12-10-2010 06:37 AM

you have lantern and bloodrazor? O_o

Stickiler 12-12-2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pobeb (Hozzászólás 4617422)
you have lantern and bloodrazor? O_o

Whats wrong with that? they provide different benefits, lantern is one of the best items for Trundle, and bloodrazor is very good for taking down tanks. whats the problem?

FailyMcSadPants 12-12-2010 09:30 PM

Hes saying, if you have that much money in ANY game, on ANY champ, your gonna carry regardless.

I build Trundle EXACTLY the same way I build Olaf -

Swiftness
Mallet
Madreds
IF TIME - Banshees

Simple, neat, **** works everytime.

I dont jungle though cuz im terrible at it.

Protogonus 12-18-2010 02:45 AM

no sheen?!?!

Sheen's amazing on trundle! I build razors, boots, lantern, sheen, stark's. With this, my team can achieve early baron. If I get pretty fed, I'll get a triforce and just make trundle a beefy chase. Stark's is pretty good if you have more than 1 AD on your team. Also, smite IS optional with this build. I use ignite instead. I never get ganked at golem because they expect me at top!

Volpes 12-18-2010 08:33 AM

Didn't want to start a new thread for this, but how do armor reduction abilities work with his ult? Is the % syphon calculated before or after the armor reduction? I've played a few games with him and I'm interested in buying him, but I really want to investigate all the mechanics first.

My intuition tells me that the enemy's armor is snapshotted when you use your ult. This would mean that auras like Stark's are applied before the syphon, but debuffs like Black Cleaver are applied after if you use your ult before autoattacking. I'll do tests later if I have to, but it would be much more convenient if someone already knew.

ZXPrototype 12-18-2010 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protogonus (Hozzászólás 4799293)
Sheen's amazing on trundle! I build razors, boots, lantern, sheen, stark's. With this, my team can achieve early baron. If I get pretty fed, I'll get a triforce and just make trundle a beefy chase. Stark's is pretty good if you have more than 1 AD on your team. Also, smite IS optional with this build. I use ignite instead. I never get ganked at golem because they expect me at top!

Smite is really a must have for jungling, in fact I don't see what benefits you get from ignite. Trundle's passive is too good to pass up smite, you can use it to escape early jungle fights and you can actually get through the jungle to begin with (otherwise you can't kill golem lvl1.) You *could* trade in ghost for ignite, but that seems rather silly, and ignite is only necessary to counter big heal champs. Bottom line, someone else can take ignite.

Also Volpes, trundle's ultimate siphons OVER TIME, and as far as calculation goes think of the stat as merely decreasing on the enemy and increasing on trundle.
Black Cleaver doesn't apply on Trundle's ultimate cast, but it does trigger on any auto attacks before and after the cast AND is also applied when rapid bite is used. I don't know about Stark's though/

CXA 02-18-2011 08:00 AM

I just bought him, but Im only lvl 26 and i dont have armor pen runes, and im unable to kill the big golem as second, how shall i move in the jungle now?

Gatecrasherr 02-23-2011 08:39 PM

if you cant golem at level 1(for whatever reason) , start with long sword + 1 hp pot, start at wraiths, smite the big one, then go wolves and little golems, go b buy ur madreds and then go get teh buffs.

Fruit Jews 02-28-2011 06:42 PM

i love trundle omg