League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   In-Game HUD Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Massive UI problems... (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3605)

Elijah 08-06-2009 03:56 AM

Massive UI problems...

There's quite a few issues I'm having... I'll just list them
#1 Cooldowns - Cooldown animations aren't accurate... being off by about half the cooldown at times, even worse as I drop cooldowns
#2 See-through shop interface - After alt-tabbing the shop interface becomes see-through and causes HUGE framerate issues.
#3 Summoner abilities - I can't see my "A" summoner ability... It's being overlapped by the bluepill icon (This does not allow me to see the cooldown of my "A" spell at ALL)
#4 Champion abilities - Often they're just coming up as black circles rather then their icons... Only on certain champions... seems to be on and off. Sometimes they're just tiny and take up a small part of their circle

Cheese 08-06-2009 07:03 AM

Update your graphics drivers?

Elijah 08-07-2009 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheese (Hozzászólás 35855)
Update your graphics drivers?

Everything is up to date
2x Mobile Intel 965 Chipsets

The problem -might- be that I am running windows on a mac using boot camp, but it might just be the fact that my laptop has a chipset rather then a real graphics card.

Gandatsch 08-07-2009 01:22 AM

i cant see the A summoner spell too and the S spell is a damaged image. think many guys have that problem

Coleman 08-07-2009 03:06 AM

Those are all issues caused by an out of date or unsupported graphics driver/card.

The prolem is that you are running a chipset 99% sure.

The shop ui sounds like a real problem but the others aren't game breaking.

I noticed that running the game windowed fixed these problems on the older PC I sometimes do this beta on. It's worth a shot.

redit 08-07-2009 03:41 AM

Does your chipset support Pixel Shader 2.0? It has to, to run LoL properly.

Elijah 08-07-2009 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coleman (Hozzászólás 37316)
The shop ui sounds like a real problem but the others aren't game breaking.

I noticed that running the game windowed fixed these problems on the older PC I sometimes do this beta on. It's worth a shot.

The bigger problem is not knowing when my "A" skill is ready -.-
I've tried windowed mode to no avail.

WΎĹRР؃ LŘLŽ 08-07-2009 08:57 PM

MACs are fail lol.

Hmm so looks like you fell for the pretty look of the exterior on a MAC and have to run windows anyway to play games, but now you're stuck with garbage inside your computer.

Upgrade to a PC with graphics card for half the price of a MAC with onboard graphics, and watch all your problems disappear.

Seriously though, yea you need a graphics card to enjoy any decent games nowadays, that will solve all your issues.

Dakisarak 08-08-2009 09:17 PM

I have the 3rd problem too

edit: also, I know my graphics card supports pixel shader 2.0, and I have this problem on both of my computers.

Elijah 08-09-2009 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyt305 (Hozzászólás 38582)
Upgrade to a PC with graphics card for half the price of a MAC with onboard graphics, and watch all your problems disappear.

It runs fine on my imac :|
And I do actually need the 6+ hour battery life at times, so shush on the Mac front.
It must be the chipset being pathetic... how about some specific optimization <:3