League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   [Guide] Soraka (Full Support) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3579)

Village Idiot 08-05-2009 09:39 PM

[Guide] Soraka (Full Support)

9/0/21

Runes: All Cooldown Runes. I'll leave it up to you to decide whether or not to go with Level or Static Runes. Just note that level runes won't equal static runes until about Lv13. You should be able to hit around -16-18% Cooldown with a full page.

Summoner Spells:

Boost - Removes snares/stuns + Spell Shield. An excellent escape spell. Main power is the very, very short cooldown (only 2 minutes, compared to 4 min for Speed Up, and 5 minutes for Flash). The real power is that you can use it pre-actively to absorb a spell as well.

Clairvoyance - No explaination necessary

1&2) Astral Blessing/Infuse - Getting Infuse earlier lets you keep up with your lane-mate's spammage, but you run the risk of not having a heal available until Lv2.
3) Astral Blessing
4) Infuse
5) Astral Blessing
6) Infuse (Wish does too little at this point in time, and Lv3 Infuse's 150 mana is just too damn good to pass up)
7) Wish
8) Infuse
9) Astral Blessing
10) Infuse
11) Wish
12) Astral Blessing
13) Infuse
14) Star Call
15) Star Call
16) Wish
17) Star Call
18) Star Call

Items:

1) Boots of Speed
2) Locket
3) Potion of Sight (if fighting Twitch/Evelynn. You don't want to get ganked, and wards' 30 sec stealth detection is unreliable)
4) Whatever you feel like. I personally usually either go with a Boots of Swiftness (to maximize my escape ability), or Banshee's Veil for more the HP buffer/spell shield so I get a nice dual layered shield with Boost.

Hints & Tips:

-Make no mistake. You're pure support with this build. Partner with the most heavy hitting character on your team (ie: Twisted Fate) with low cooldowns and have him spam those spells. Personally, my fav champion to lane with is Alistar, since Alistar can AoE heal your creeps, while you can restore Alistar's mana. This makes extremely relentless lane pushes and your creeps just won't die until they reach the turret.

-Spam wards whenever the cooldown is ready to prevent ganks, since you're the primary target.

-Use Boost pre-actively to absorb a spell.

-Remember to cast Infuse whenever its ready, and Astral Blessing your melee before they charge in, not after, since you want to make use of the +armor buff as well.

-Remember, Wish will heal every single teammate regardless of range. If you have voice communication avaliable, let your temmates know to call out Wish if they badly need a heal and you're not in range.

-In terms of positioning, do not, I repeat, do not remain in the rear of your group unless the entire enemy team is accounted for. You run the risk of being ganked otherwise (especially if there is a Evelynn and/or Twitch on the other team). Try to stay in the middle until you're absolutely certain you know where everyone is.

-You won't make a lot of money with this build, unless you're damn good at constantly last hitting Creeps. The reason why you'd stop at Lv1 Boots is because you want that Locket ASAP as it boosts your HP/Mana regen skill by so much yet is so costly. To be honest, most games I've been in using this build ends around Lv13, with me only making enough money to get the boots of speed and locket.

Ganking Tips:

-What ganking?

Floatzel 08-06-2009 10:39 PM

yea, soraka is the slowest leveler ever.

There was a game that was 5v3 (we were the three) and I went attack speed and damage item build with her (which, if any character farms too hard, can get broken) and I ended up ridiculous. I just bought swift dancers and what have you and I took starcall up as soon as i could along with heal and just farmed like crazy. I couldn't get ganked very easily due to clair spam, my health was on ridiculous regeneration all the time and I was raping creep waves with starcall. Granted, the other team was terrible but at the end I had all the items a tristana would typically end up with and I was doing very very good damage with auto attacks. We even killed nashor and ended up winning. It was shenanigans.

08-07-2009 06:17 AM

I've been playing a good deal of Soraka lately. I used to always rush up a Locket, and it works well with her. However, recently I've been getting the -15% cooldown armor first (can't think of the name) then boots, then locket last, if the game lasts that long.

You are a little more fragile with the lower HP, but the +armor helps balance that out. Some people might also be concerned with the lower MP, but with a page of cooldown runes and then the 15% armor, your Infuse cools down so quick you can essentially spam it on yourself and your team constantly.

Orio 08-30-2009 04:03 AM

Thank you Village Idiot, I'll show you my build :

- Template : 8/1/21

- Runes : All cooldown

- Sumoner Spells : Heal & Ghost

1) Starcall
2) Astral Blessing
3) Infuse
4) Astral Blessing
5) Infuse
6) Wish
7) Astral Blessing
8) Infuse
9) Astral Blessing
10) Infuse
11) Wish
12) Starcall
13) Astral Blessing
14) Infuse
15) Starcall
16) Starcall
17) Wish
18) Starcall

I think that taking starcall first is essential.

You can go lvl2 after 2 waves and get the heal for your lane's partner.

You'll just have 1 hard lvl with many OOM situations but lvl3 gives you Infuse.

I think you're completely right about colldown's runes, I tried the same and I can heal every 7 seconds, attack every 2.5 seconds.

It could be interessant to try all ability power's runes.

I took Heal & Ghost for survivability and cause we're organized with my clan about Summoner's spells.

Thank you for reading and sorry for my English mistakes (French touch)

;-)

Tormént 08-30-2009 04:11 PM

9/1/20

I have a different build... I go pure regen runes.

2.5 hp/mp per 5 seconds
17hp/ 19mp per 5 seconds at 18.

Starcall
Astral Blessing
Starcall
Infuse
Starcall
Wish
Starcall
Infuse
Astral Blessing
Starcall
Wish
Astral Blessing
Astral Blessing
Infuse
Astral Blessing
Wish
Infuse
Infuse

Ghost (Swapped for Flash if playing with the right friends)
Heal
I honestly regen so much I can keep my skills used at a constant and I get great early farming ability with starcall which is vital for me to rush locket and a tear. Never really ran out of oom honestly, besides after an intense team battle or something of that sort. Some people might disagree with my build, but then again it really isn't full support, more of a half and half. I get + AP for a higher overall wish/blessing/starcall, it really does help to take the tear of the goddess to the next level with the high mana capacity youll have end game.

I don't know if it's just me, but sometimes the team lets me get the golem aura for the regen, whenever we get into a team battle it just guarantees my members wont die, and ill still be full mana along with them, it's really for either a slow guaranteed push or if you break their team you might be a game ender with it. Most of the time it really is impractical though since her mana costs are low to begin with!

Ruyr 11-26-2009 01:38 PM

you guys are crazy shes not slow. shes an early game beast and late game support tank.
TG/ SF cape = insane

Riot Zaps 11-26-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruyr (Hozzászólás 321329)
you guys are crazy shes not slow. shes an early game beast and late game support tank.
TG/ SF cape = insane

Soraka has changed ridiculously much since this guide was written.

Grinningsphinx 11-28-2009 05:12 PM

I would have to say yeah, ignore this guide for Soraka as of 11/27/09.

Meki Pendant

2 health pots

buy tears of goddess

buy boots

buy Mejjaj Soulstealer

turn goddess to archangel

turn meki pendant into chalice

turn boots to mercury treads

GG

Benoit 12-01-2009 09:10 PM

is it stlll good to go 9/0/21 and all cd rune even if this guide is outdated?

Zekk 12-02-2009 08:49 AM

I build Soraka with:

Mana Manipulator
Boots 1
Soul Shroud
Mercury Treads
Locket
Tear
Aegis
Frozen Heart
Tear->Archangel