League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   [Guide] Singed, The Indomitable (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=357240)

Herkucheeze 11-22-2010 02:06 PM

[Guide] Singed, The Indomitable

[Edited 1/13/2011, mastery and rune changes]

Singed is far too fun.

This guide will focus on building Singed 70% Tank, and 30% AP. Singed is not a carry (unless you get fed by baddies), but this build will allow you to put out more damage than most tanks, and still be incredibly hard to kill, or even stop (some would say, "Indomitable).

Seriously, jetting around at insane movespeeds, slowing entire teams, farming and pushing like a boss, sowing crazy purple knockout gas, and flinging enemy champions to their doom makes him awesome. If you want to run around the map with impunity, read on and spend a measly 1350 ip on this incredible mage-tank.

Runes

Marks- Magic Penetration, for that little extra oomph.

Seals- 7 Armor, 2 Flat Health (these two will end up just barely getting us to 600 starting health).

Glyphs- Magic Resist, because you will be taking some harassment early.

Quintessence- 1 Flat Health, 2 Movespeed. because our mad chemist starts out just a little to squishy.

Masteries

0/15/15

For defense I go three in armor, three in MR, three in Strength of Spirit, three in Hardened Skin, and three in Veteran's Scars. Considering Singed's passive, and how much mana you will be getting, a health regen bonus based on mana is pretty boss.

For Utility, just make sure to get meditate and the movespeed buff, most of the others are pretty subjective.

These runes and masteries will give you just under 600 starting health without a Doran's item, good early game armor and MR, and lots of movespeed.

Summoner Spells

Ghost and Cleanse. Ghost so you can move crazy fast and initiate like a boss, and Cleanse so that they can't stop you. Ever.

Abilities

Empowered Bulwark (Passive) - For every four points of mana, The Man gets one point of health. Beast.

Poison Trail (Q) - This is Singed's hallmark move, and will put out decent damage early and mid game. Basically, it's a toggle that leaves crazy-purple knockout gas behind wherever you go and does decent DoT damage. This is a leveling priority, although we won't get our first point until level 2.

Mega Adhesive (W) - Ah the goo pile, so great, and so underrated. This ability puts a rather large puddle of glue on the ground, has awesome range, and lasts five seconds. The slow is pretty crippling too, as it scales from 35% at level one to 75% at level five. This is the one that separates decent Singed's from Indomitable ones. Seriously, skilled use of the "stand-still puddle" can make sure no one ever gets away from you, that your teammates always get bailed out, and that AoE ults hit more that they should. Oh, and you can use it to zone people out from under their tower when pushing (more on that later).

Fling (E) - Singed does decent damage to a single target, and flings them backwards over his shoulder (about the range of ashe's auto-attack). This skill is pretty outstanding, and is his main means of initiation. It's melee range means that you will be initiating with your face (like a real man). This will be the first skill you take.

Insanity Potion (R) - Another underrated ability, this is a great steroid to pretty much every stat you have. While it may lack the shock and awe of other's flashy, cc endowed, crazy damage "press R and win" ults, proper use of this bad boy can lead to snowballing hard, which I will cover soon.

So you should start like this:

1. Fling
2. Poison
3. Poison
4. Mega-adhesive
5. Poison
6. Insanity Potion

After six, level poison when possible, and maintain equal levels between goo and fling. Most don't like leveling goo, but once you start slowing people for above 60%, you might as well be snaring them.

Gear

Alright, so this build is all about becoming nigh-unkillable while doing good damage. I'll lay out the build I usually use, but remember to be flexible, as all builds are situational. Also, Singed is a tank that farms incredibly well, which means you should be buying wards all game. Ward the river, ward dragon, ward baron, ward the other teams red, and so on. You can afford it, and they almost always pay for themselves. Oh, and while Singed could solo, it's almost always best to go bottom lane and get your laning buddy fed.

1. Boots, health pot, sight ward

This should burn through all of your starting gold, and leave you with 381 movespeed, around 600 health, great armor and MR, and a cleanse and ghost in your pocket.

2. Catalyst, and a ward

This will build into your Rod of Ages, and is a great early game item for staying power in a lane, and general tankishness. Also, the substantial amount of mana gives bonus health and health regen; go masteries and passives! I literally cannot count how many times I've tower dove at level 8, gotten the kill, hit nine, and the life gain from catalyst's passive saved me.

3. Merc Treads, Rod of Ages, and a ward

These are Singed's anchor items, and you should always have these. There are an incredibly limited number of games where Singed should get boots of swiftness instead, but Merc Treads are generally just too good. CC reduction AND MR, that's crazy. And the amount of movespeed lost will be easily made up for by Insanity Potion, Ghost, and Goo Puddle

4. Negatron Cloak, and a ward

So it's mid game, and burst casters are really starting to hit their power peak and take over (**** tibbers). Fear not, because you were smart enough to get MR Glyphs, MR mastery, Merc Treads AND a negatron cloak, putting you at a rather manly 120ish MR with CC redux and a cleanse. Wow, you are smart.

5. Warden's Mail, and a ward

This item gives you much-needed armor, good health regen, and a passive that will get you out of plenty of binds (and make anyone that attacks you facepalm themselves). For 1350 gold you get an item that I would probably pay 1800 for. It's that good (WM got nerfed a bit in a recent patch, but is still worth a buy, told you it was too good). Oh, and it builds into Randuin's Omen, which is a really boss item.

6. Abyssal Scepter OR Banshee's Veil, and a ward

If the other team is barely denting your spiked shoulder-pads, go straight for the abyssal. it's got a great aura, and the AP will make you even more fearsome. However, when stuck with feeders who are literally throwing gold at the other team, it's probably best to get a banshee's.

This should make you a tank to be feared, and many games will be over by this point. But If they aren't, assess your team and the enemy, and proceed to either focus on AP or durability. Some good choices are Thornmail, Force of Nature, Zhonya's Hourglass, Rabadon's Deathcap, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Frozen Heart, Randuin's Omen, Mejai's, and many, many others.

Walk-through Levels 1-6

So you're in bottom lane, and chances are you're not going to be dominating the lane early. Singed can thoroughly dominate noobs in lane by flinging them into his tower, but decent players won't fall for this. Unless you're laning with Pantheon, Garen, Sion, or Taric, you will be playing pretty passively to begin.

Take last hits where you can get them, and try not to feed. Please, for the love of GOD, only take last hits. Auto-attacking creeps is dumb, dumb as rocks. Don't do it. I will rage at you. You should make sure your lane partner knows that if one of your enemies over-extends, you are going to Ghost and fling them into your tower. This can be a great way to get first blood, or at least make them burn their summoner spells.

So now that the enemy is convinced they own our lane, we bide our time until level six. What happens at level six? Well, you saved your mana up, and didn't burn your summoner spells, so now you get to unleash hell. Seriously, when they push the fight anywhere near your tower, ping the weak one, pop Ghost and Insanity Potion, turn the gas on, fling one of them back, goo him, and wail on that poor, poor soul. They cc you? No problem, you've got cleanse. They run away? No big deal, your moving at light speed, and leaving a trail of doom. Oh, and your armor, attack speed, and attack damage are all buffed. I cannot even describe how many times I've cleared an over-confident lane. Double-kill.

Oh, and don't forget to place your ward in the river bush after you Tab and see that the enemy jungler is finished with his side. Jungler's love ganking bottom lane. Love it.

Advanced Techniques

Still reading eh? Good for you. This section is for tips and tricks that you should only use after you've got Singed figured out. Don't go trying this stuff before you've memorized which key does what.

Goo-zoning - Singed ends up with a lot of mana. because of this, you can afford to be fairly spammy. Now, most wouldn't believe that you can zone an opponent with your goo, but it works! It does no damage, but people will almost always associate the goo with being flung or ganked, and will avoid it at great costs. This can be incredibly useful when one or two champions are defending a tower after a team-fight, and you team wants to push it over. Simply put a goo pile under the tower and run at them. The slow effect will NOT aggro the tower, and they will run away. Ping the tower, and your team will demolish it while the enemy runs away from you and the terror you bring.

Basically, you bluff a goo and fling, never aggro the tower, and get your enemies to run away, abandoning their tower like cowards.

Over-Pushing - The Mad Chemist is an amazing pusher. Let's say that you're at an enemy tower, and you have a good idea of where all the opposing champions are. In fact, because of all the wards you bought, you know 100% that they are pretty far away. Awesome, good job.

Instead of whacking the tower of few times with your piddly non-ulted auto-attack, turn the gas on, and run past the enemy tower. This should not only gas any minions that are there, but also the next wave coming. As long as those minions stay on the tower, and you don't aggro it, you can demolish many a tower this way. you will create an incredibly fast build-up of your minions at their tower, with no enemy minions to take the focus off of their turret. Now you pop your ult, and lay another tower to ruin.

That's it, go forth, and make your enemies rage!

Nihles 11-22-2010 09:58 PM

Nice guide, I really like the tip on over-pushing. I do feel like your build ignores armor early, even against an AP heavy team you're likely the team's best bet for tanking tower hits, especially if the goo zoning fails.

Herkucheeze 11-23-2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nihles (Hozzászólás 4265404)
Nice guide, I really like the tip on over-pushing. I do feel like your build ignores armor early, even against an AP heavy team you're likely the team's best bet for tanking tower hits, especially if the goo zoning fails.

Yeah, but it's a tradeoff that I don't think hurts too much on this build. Remember that I pack armor seals and masteries. Also, since Insanity Potion lasts for 25 seconds and gives a pretty decent boost to armor, it's pretty much the only time Singed should be tanking towers early game anyways.

Tekshi 11-23-2010 08:58 PM

imo Rylai is an amazing item on Singed. I usually get it directly after my RoA and then build tank from there. Nice guide anyhow.

corelion 11-24-2010 12:19 AM

Thanks for the second item tip. I normally go with a second RoA if a game is going okay and i get the first RoA 12-13 minutes in.

The problem I'm usually up against is if my opponents aren't packing a lot of AP then I don't opt for FoN and go for Thornmail or Frozen Heart. Both really aren't the best options 17 - 20 minutes in and as a rule, I don't take Rylai's anymore.

Mystfyre 11-24-2010 06:37 AM

Solid guide. My only concern is taking boots as a starting item. Singed is easily harassed early game, so depending on the line-up (your laning partner and your expected opponents), you may want to take a Regrowth Pendant. It builds into Force of Nature, although I see your guide doesn't use suggest using it, so a Philosopher's Stone works as well.

While I understand the logic behind getting boots first (that is, reaching them for a fling), it also makes you a very squishy target. What good is being able to run to someone faster when they're already harassed you down to half health, thus ensuring your death should you play aggressively? This is where my point about the line-up comes in. If you have a good early game champion with you, then I can see the potential in boots. But if you're up against really good harassers, particularly ranged harassers (vlad, zilean, etc.), taking a Regrowth Pendant can really make the difference. Whenever I play against a Singed with boots, I always focus him to make him waste his pots. I do not push to his tower so he can fling me, and I normally end up dominating him in the lane unless his laning partner (or a jungler) can cover for him (or if me or my laning partner makes a stupid mistake, of course).

If you're lucky enough to be fighting melees or generally weak harassers, boots 1 is perfectly satisfactory. As for the rest of the guide, it seems like you've got most of your bases covered. I particularly like the emphasis on wards. You may want to expand on possible alternative/situational items (Rylai's, Force of Nature, Thornmail/Sunfire, Zhonya's?) though, as Singed should really build to suit his team and his opponents.

Herkucheeze 11-24-2010 07:09 AM

Good points all!

1. A regrowth pendant to start with can be really good for resisting harass, but as I outlined, my play-style is pretty passive until six (unless my enemies are bads). I find it best to lull them into a false sense of security early and then absolutely roll the lane at six, and boots help with this for when everyone pops ghost, and I can still catch them.

2. Rylai's is a cool item on Singed, but I've never been able to fit it into my core item build. I guess it's because:

-It's out-shined by RoA as an anchor item
-It's really expensive
-After and RoA, putting money into armor and MR will make you much more tanky than just straight HP
-Yeah, an AoE slow is cool and all, but 15%? The goo puddle is soooo much more effective, and not that much harder to use.

Just my views, thanks for the feedback everybody!

Herkucheeze 11-24-2010 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corelion (Hozzászólás 4290244)
Thanks for the second item tip. I normally go with a second RoA if a game is going okay and i get the first RoA 12-13 minutes in.

The problem I'm usually up against is if my opponents aren't packing a lot of AP then I don't opt for FoN and go for Thornmail or Frozen Heart. Both really aren't the best options 17 - 20 minutes in and as a rule, I don't take Rylai's anymore.

An "ok" game is your RoA 12-13 minutes in? Do you rush it over any kind of boots? Sorry, I'm just blown away, because in games where I am fed HARD it still takes around 15 - 16 minutes for RoA and boots.

Mystfyre 12-03-2010 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfman27 (Hozzászólás 4293878)
Good points all!

1. A regrowth pendant to start with can be really good for resisting harass, but as I outlined, my play-style is pretty passive until six (unless my enemies are bads). I find it best to lull them into a false sense of security early and then absolutely roll the lane at six, and boots help with this for when everyone pops ghost, and I can still catch them.

2. Rylai's is a cool item on Singed, but I've never been able to fit it into my core item build. I guess it's because:

-It's out-shined by RoA as an anchor item
-It's really expensive
-After and RoA, putting money into armor and MR will make you much more tanky than just straight AP
-Yeah, an AoE slow is cool and all, but 15%? The goo puddle is soooo much more effective, and not that much harder to use.

Just my views, thanks for the feedback everybody!

I used to play Singed passively early game as well. I always thought he was a bad early game character due to how squishy he can be, but I completely changed my mind after trying out the RG a few times. With your ultimate + ghost + wax, you should really catch anyone anyway when you want to, so there's no reason to wait until six to start facerolling. Try it, you may change your mind. If not, ah well, c'est la vie.

As for the Rylai's, it is an expensive item, yes. So is the Rod of Ages. The health and AP gain from Rylai's is comparable to the RoA, but you trade a bit of health and mana for the slow. Besides, as Singed cost isn't that much of an issue, since he's such a great farmer. A constant 15% slow is nothing to scoff at, though. Your wax has a cooldown, your poison can be up almost indefinitely. Also, Rylai's slow from your poison stacks with your wax, for massive slow - may as well be a snare. The difference between a Singed with and without Rylai's is like night and day.

About the tankyness, thats why I carry a Force of Nature. With your Ultimate and the FoN (plus magic resist runes), Singed will have nearly 150 armor and magic resist, which is the "sweet spot" of efficiency for both stats. The Rylai's will almost bump you up to the sweet spot for heath as well. With the cooldown reduction buff from a recent update, this works even better. I also don't mind having less armor, as Singed takes less damage from DPS simply due to his mobility, at least until late game (which means you can build tankier items if need be). This leaves you another two slots to round out either your tankyness or your AP build depending on your team.

DrDragun 12-03-2010 08:06 AM

Consider Glacial Shroud over Warden Mail. Cost is similar, but Glacial Shroud gives 106 hitpoints with Singed Passive and most importantly 20% CDR