League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Best partner for Yi? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=35307)

The Roman Empire 12-12-2009 09:27 AM

Best partner for Yi?

Hey everyone, I recently got my friend to start playing this game and he's taken an innate liking to Master Yi (go figure). I'm normally an Anivia player but I made a smurf account so we could play together. My question to everyone here is this: What is the best champion <1350 IP to play with Yi? At first I thought Tryn but I realized they're essentially the same character and don't really cover each others' weaknesses. Any suggestions are welcome, and don't say "every character" :P

Queue 12-12-2009 09:36 AM

Oddly enough, Anivia is a good one.

Any character that brings a strong disable to the table to help Yi chase down or escape from enemies early on while laning is going to be good. Ranged is always a plus to counter Yi's lack of it, but no really necessary.

I'd nominate Ashe, Anivia, Ryze, Viegar, Nunu, Alistar, and even Cho'Gath. Basically anyone who Yi can capitalize on a well placed snare/stun. Pretty much somebody who brings something to the table other than raw damage.

The Roman Empire 12-12-2009 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queue (Hozzászólás 392009)
Oddly enough, Anivia is a good one.

Any character that brings a strong disable to the table to help Yi chase down or escape from enemies early on while laning is going to be good. Ranged is always a plus to counter Yi's lack of it, but no really necessary.

I'd nominate Ashe, Anivia, Ryze, Viegar, Nunu, Alistar, and even Cho'Gath. Basically anyone who Yi can capitalize on a well placed snare/stun. Pretty much somebody who brings something to the table other than raw damage.

Haha yea I figured she was, but she's expensive as hell on my other account and I seriously doubt my friend (with 5 games under his belt) wants to be playing in the games I play in. I was thinking Alistar, I've seen him do some pretty amazing stuff. I might give Veigar a try too, he used to be my old main and I believe he's free this week. Thanks for the help!

ThaSnowMannn 12-12-2009 09:45 AM

KAYLE...i do blessing n reck n its over...YI will get tha kill...no matter what...

Queue 12-12-2009 09:47 AM

Yeah, Kayle is a good one too, with the slow and a heal/move speed buff.

Monxide 12-12-2009 09:47 AM

Probably you can consider a Taric as a good lane parter for him. Stun, armor decreasing, heal here and there, and his ult bumping your dps for a significant amount as well... What is not to like?
Alistar is good too, cause of his 1-2 combo and heals as well...

The Roman Empire 12-12-2009 11:30 AM

We just tried Alistar. Won the game, but I didn't do so well :/ He feels to much like a one-trick-pony with his Pulverize/Headbutt combo. And MY GOD is he slow as hell. I'm used to it coming from Anivia, but at least she has ranged attacks! I might try Kayle next seeing as she's cheap as hell, not sure if I like playing tanks but I guess I'll give it a try.

TheI3east 12-12-2009 12:22 PM

As a player that mains Yi, I can tell you right now. Hand downs, Nunu is the best partner for Yi in existence. BloodLust + Slow + My Exhaust = guaranteed gank every time. My friend and I get first blood 60% of the games we play in when he's Nunu, when he picks Snowball and I get Alpha Strike + Imp. Exhaust

relkin 12-12-2009 10:01 PM

NuNu is a great partner like said before also a morghana with good aim is also really good.

Rudeboymike 12-13-2009 11:44 AM

The best partner for Yi is a dead enemy solo mid champ. Yi needs to farm, kill, and carry a team to be effective.

If Yi gets behind in kills, deaths, or whatver.. he becomes very useless.