League of Legends Community
12345 ... 9

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Tank Chogath item questions (including- why warmogg's?) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=34996)

Xirus 12-11-2009 02:34 PM

Tank Chogath item questions (including- why warmogg's?)

1. A while back, someone figured out against a "balanced" amount of physical/magical damage, you want about 150 armour and 150 mr with 3000 life. if it's all one type you want 300 armour with 3000 life. So my question is, why warmogg's on Chogath? He already has about 3000 life, so shouldn't he be buying items with armour/magic resist? Throw in that I usually get Banshee's Veil, and he seems set on life? Maybe I'm not supposed to get banshee's veil...

1. Should I be getting frozen mallet? This seems kind of silly, given that I just stated I don't feel a need for life, but the slow seems like it'd be a major asset to the team? I can't hit *everyone* with rupture.

Edit: I suspect the answer to Warmogg's is going to be "it's ridiculously gold efficient!" If anyone has a link to someone calculating that, that'd be awesome, but i can also try it myself at some point :P

Edit2: is the answer to the second question "it's the melee's job to have frozen mallet/tri force/phage/whatever"?

Edit3: The post I was referring to that lines out math for what stats are good is: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=29398

condon 12-11-2009 02:52 PM

Would you rather try and kill something with 3000hp you do 50 damage to, or something with 5000 hp you do 70 damage to?

Better yet, whats scarier, green bars, or solid black lines.

WesleyC 12-11-2009 04:55 PM

The question is usually would you rather kill the 3000 HP chogath that doesn't do much DPS or the 4 squishies surrounding him. Get an Aegis, and keep the rest of your team alive!

SwampZero 12-11-2009 05:12 PM

There's tons of ways to counter armor, but not as many ways to counter HP is my guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WesleyC (Hozzászólás 389585)
The question is usually would you rather kill the 3000 HP chogath that doesn't do much DPS or the 4 squishies surrounding him. Get an Aegis, and keep the rest of your team alive!

Well that's an interesting poiAGGRAGLAGLGALRAGRALG HOLY **** THAT DUDE GOT EATEN

weasle 12-11-2009 05:16 PM

you want warmogs because the more life you have the harder it will be to kill you, thus giving your team more time to kill them. Also because once the regen gets capped it will be something like 90hp/5 and when people are getting little pot shots at you its great since you just regen it.

as for the mallet, no you don't want that. Rupture does all the slowing you'll need and one of your carries should have the mallet.

SwampZero 12-11-2009 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weasle (Hozzászólás 389660)
you want warmogs because the more life you have the harder it will be to kill you.

Wrong. If you actually read the OP, he's saying that you are harder to kill with extra armor instead of extra HP past 3k HP versus balanced types of damage. It's true too, if you don't consider any other variables such as how easy is armor countered compared to HP and the psychological effects of a health bar as big as my very own schlong

SwampZero 12-11-2009 05:22 PM

and let me tell you, my schlong is fukken huge

condon 12-11-2009 05:26 PM

Psychology is a very important aspect of playing a proper MFing Cho'Gath, almost as important as having balls the size of Mundo (whole Mundo, mind you) and foaming at the mouth when you enter team fights.

SwampZero 12-11-2009 05:31 PM

what i coincidence I ate a mundo couple times on my last game, on mid. I think he thought I was afraid of his aoe :(

condon 12-11-2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwampZero (Hozzászólás 389722)
what i coincidence I ate a mundo couple times on my last game, on mid. I think he thought I was afraid of his aoe :(

Logical falacy there.

"(Mundo) thought"

If you did a cross section of Mundo's head you'd see a monkey banging two severed heads together chanting "Mundo Mundo Mundo Mundo Mundo Mundo"