League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Name wipes? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3448900)

TehJonno 05-16-2013 02:26 AM

Name wipes?

4 Attachment(s)
I'm just wondering when they're going through, I thought they would happen this patch, but the name I'm looking at is still unavailable.

COME ON ROUND 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S HAPPENED AGAIN IN 3.8 GGRIOT

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff (Hozzászólás 38598821)
IT IS INDEED COMING WITH 3.8 FOR NA AND BR. Everyone else already got theirs, we just had an error in our script for these two territories. The sale will remain up for an additional week after the deploy of 3.8!

EDIT: 21 pages and still no response. :<f

EDIT2: 28 pages ryotpls.

EDIT3 (third time's the charm: 1 and a half hours and 33 pages later and still nothing after a promise that names would be available right after 3.7 went live.

EDIT420NOSCOPE: 60 PAGES AND NOTHING. COME ON.

EDITWHATARENUMBERS: VAGUE RED RESPONSE, FINALLY!

EDIT by Terablo (sorry for ninja)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riot Terablo (Hozzászólás 37788119)
Hello Summoners,

The name wipe that should have happened a few hours ago during the maintenance did not work as expected. Following this thread we investigated and found that most of the summoner names that should have been made available are still taken.

This is due to a bug in our logic that we used to select and enforce the criteria, while protecting legit summoners from having their names taken away.

We are working on fixing our procedure right now, but due to the way this is executed we will most likely need to postpone this until another maintenance window. Right now are are still discussing when this might take place and will inform you about exact dates and times as soon as we are solid.

Terablo

Another ninja Edit by Terablo:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Udyr (Hozzászólás 37814857)
Hi everyone,

Due to the issues with the Summoner Name Cleanse in conjunction with last night's patch (and the need to run the cleanse while the system is in planned downtime), we will have to delay the cleanse until the 3.8 patch.

We recognize that this is a disappointment to those planning to get a name on sale or people trying to get newly cleansed names, so we'll be leaving Name Changes at 50% off through the 3.7 patch and into the middle of 3.8.

-Udyr

EDITEDIT: DAFT PUNK APPRECIATION. (with a side of Jake&Amir)

Leaver 05-16-2013 02:27 AM

are you 100% certain the name you are looking at qualifies to get wiped?

Patchouli 05-16-2013 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaver (Hozzászólás 37782187)

The name I'm looking at was made in 2010, is level 1, and has never had a game.

TehJonno 05-16-2013 02:27 AM

Yeah, level 5, hasn't been played on after Jan 2013, plus I've checked some other names that are level 1 with no match history.

Reubenm8 05-16-2013 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaver (Hozzászólás 37782187)

yes the name I'm looking for is @sscrack

Sona Buvelle 05-16-2013 02:28 AM

i am eager for name wipes as well :<

been waiting forever for another on to kick off

Patchouli 05-16-2013 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reubenm8 (Hozzászólás 37782212)
yes the name I'm looking for is @sscrack

It says your name is available. But mine isn't. ;w;

Leaver 05-16-2013 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KawaiiChen (Hozzászólás 37782196)
The name I'm looking at was made in 2010, is level 1, and has never had a game.

The only reason that would happen is if it is an account being held by riot in which case it will never get wiped, otherwise that would have already been wiped the last time they cleared names

Patchouli 05-16-2013 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaver (Hozzászólás 37782228)
The only reason that would happen is if it is an account being held by riot in which case it will never get wiped, otherwise that would have already been wiped the last time they cleared names

I don't see why the name of a Touhou Character would be held by Riot.

TehJonno 05-16-2013 02:29 AM

My only guess is that it's going alphabetically and it will eventually get to mine.