League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Mac Client (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   ALT shortcut for Self Cast (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3415639)

michaeldevilk 05-06-2013 02:27 AM

ALT shortcut for Self Cast

Hello guys,

I've been having lots of trouble with the alt + q,w,e,r keys when trying to self cast (pretty sure the same issue exist with item self casts)

There are 2 things really wrong with this mac client self cast shortcut:

1/ When holding ALT and pressing a spell key, I can see the cast range of the spell, which shouldnt show if I'm already holding ALT (pretty sure it behave that way on PC client)

2/ After holding ALT and pressing the spell key, if I am doing too many other action before the spells actually cast (e.g.: clicking a lot to move, casting another spell), the self cast spell doesnt trigger.

The second is obviously the most serious issue, since I want to be able to chain spell cast without having to worry about: "did the self cast occurs? Wait wait, oh no got stunned, pew pew die"

If this is a duplicate post let me know and please link me to the post, I want to know that RIOT is informed of this issue.

P.S.: Yes I did do a quick search to see if someone else posted on the topic but I didnt find anything similar.

Cheers!

Brentmeister 05-06-2013 12:23 PM

Do you have smartcast range indicators turned on? This sounds like the feature smartcast range indicators. I.E. The spell won't cast until you press then let go of the ability key.

Also if you try to use an ability while stunned it won't fire and you'll have to press the key again.

Fang0r 05-06-2013 12:40 PM

You can change the self-cast key in your options I believe. The rest is just your ability to manage skills, autoattacks, and movement.

Lailu 05-06-2013 12:48 PM

I have experienced the same problem.

So I will be on Soraka and hit Alt-W and it should heal myself, and most of the time it does.

Sometimes I have to hit it 2-4 times before it triggers the action.

It has happened on Orianna also, so not quite sure what the problem is.

Vente1 05-07-2013 04:15 AM

Sometimes I self cast but it actually smart-casts on something else very close to my champ, for example as Soraka I cast heal on myself but the minion beside me gets healed instead >.<

Brentmeister 05-09-2013 01:00 PM

After looking into this, it appears we have the same bug filed for Windows users but we were never able to reproduce it internally. I've updated the ticket to point to this thread as well.
Can you guys please post your Game.cfg files so we can test with your specific bindings. There may be some specific in-game option causing this behavior.

Razdan 05-09-2013 01:26 PM

This is actually the main reason I stopped playing Orianna, it used to happen to me constantly. I've learned smartcasting since then so not sure if it persists, will check tonight.

Lailu 05-30-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotBrentmeister (Hozzászólás 37558527)
After looking into this, it appears we have the same bug filed for Windows users but we were never able to reproduce it internally. I've updated the ticket to point to this thread as well.
Can you guys please post your Game.cfg files so we can test with your specific bindings. There may be some specific in-game option causing this behavior.

BrentMeister,

I'm the worst user evar!!

I never checked back in on the thread after I posted and didn't request updates so forgot about it.

I know it's a little late now, but if you still want me to get the game.cfg file I can when I get home from work.

syndicate gospel 12-14-2013 02:52 PM

why isnt there an option to alt cast W on leesin? just curious