League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 13

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Help & Support (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The Wrenchmen: Helping Solve Issues, One Post at a Time! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=334046)

Tamat 11-09-2010 10:00 AM

The Wrenchmen: Helping Solve Issues, One Post at a Time!

Greetings Summoners!

Have you ever been faced with a technical problem preventing you from enjoying League of Legends to your fullest? Fear not! The Wrenchmen are on the case. Are you unfamiliar with the Wrenchmen program? No problem!

Wrenchmen are members of the volunteer program; users from the community who are extremely motivated and unselfishly help you solve technical problems related to the game. They are not employees of Riot Games, but we recognize them as community leaders and their experience and passion is taken seriously, and appreciated by Riot Games.

Q: How can they help me?

Plain and simple, the Wrenchmen assist with common technical problems. If you have a problem the first step to getting an answer is by posting a detail, clear, easy to read description of the problem you’re having. Be specific and when possible, use visuals such as screen captures to help make the issue easily understandable.

Q: Can Wrenchmen help me with every issue?

Unfortunately there will be times where contacting customer service is required. Wrenchmen can't access billing information or help you with account specific problems. Additionally, Wrenchmen don’t always have access to detailed technical information about what is taking place during an emergency update. If something unexpected happens, follow their advice and wait for someone of Riot Games to provide more information.

Q: I want to help! How can I join as a Wrenchmen?

We’re always on the lookout for potential Wrenchmen, but we do so with the mentality that actions speak louder than words. If you’d like to wear the badge of a Wrenchmen, show us that you can do it by helping answer the questions of your fellow summoners. We’ll be watching!

Q: No one has replied to my thread. What now?

In addition to the Wrenchmen in our Help & Support forums, you’ll find information on most common issues by utilizing the League of Legends Knowledge Base. From there you can also submit a request for help when dealing with account specific problems such as issues with Riot Points, etc.

Q: Why do Wrenchmen have various avatars?

You may notice that some Wrenchmen have different avatars, this is to separate relatively new Wrechies from those who have been greasing the wheels of player experience with their knowledge for some time. Every Wrenchman is chosen because of their dedication to detail and love for League of Legends.

Q: What is a Junior Wrenchmen?

Junior Wrenchmen is a rank for anyone who is new to the program! All new Wrenchmen will begin as a Junior Wrenchmen.

Q: What is a Wrenchmen?

Wrenchmen are members of the volunteer program; users from the community who are extremely motivated and unselfishly help you solve technical problems related to the game.

Q: What is a Senior Wrenchmen?

Senior Wrenchmen will have the personal contact information of certainRiot Staff members. They are the leaders of this program and have the ability to suggest new Wrenchmen, and remove members that go inactive.

Getting you fast and effective help is a top priority here at Riot Games. We hope you find that the Wrenchmen accurately represent that priority.

Last Updated: April 29th, 2011

Stexe 11-09-2010 10:07 AM

Good stuff.

I'm also willing to answer any non-hardware non-technical questions about League of Legends. Such as strategies and other things. Add me on League of Legends at Summoner Name "Stexe" and I'd be glad to chat.

turntekGodhead 11-09-2010 10:13 AM

Q: Why isn't Encased Shadow a Wrenchmen?

Eambo 11-09-2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eiko (Hozzászólás 3971652)
Q: Why isn't Encased Shadow a Wrenchmen?

He didn't want to be one :-)

Aregionius 11-09-2010 11:28 AM

The beckon of the shadow of Jesse Perring looms large from the coasts of California, yet Encased had always heard a different calling - a softer hand, clothed in green. Those charged with the responsibilities of bringing the new and the wayward lost back to the folds.

Though for a time, he dabbled among the sciences using a spanner as readily as those born to it. In the end, the call of the Emmisaries was too great and he was lost from the halls of the techmaturgists of Runeterra.

But if you listen closely, every once in a great while you can glimpse an echo, a microcosm, of what might have been as his words of insight float briefly across the ever changing pages of the Help and Support Forums. "...that skin hasn't been released yet..."

Mokai 11-09-2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aregionius (Hozzászólás 3973172)
The beckon of the shadow of Jesse Perring looms large from the coasts of California, yet Encased had always heard a different calling - a softer hand, clothed in green. Those charged with the responsibilities of bringing the new and the wayward lost back to the folds.

Though for a time, he dabbled among the sciences using a spanner as readily as those born to it. In the end, the call of the Emmisaries was too great and he was lost from the halls of the techmaturgists of Runeterra.

But if you listen closely, every once in a great while you can glimpse an echo, a microcosm, of what might have been as his words of insight float briefly across the ever changing pages of the Help and Support Forums. "...that skin hasn't been released yet..."

That was beautiful.

turntekGodhead 11-09-2010 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aregionius (Hozzászólás 3973172)

I love this community. Just saying.

Postal Twinkie 11-09-2010 12:56 PM

Ignore this.

Eambo 11-09-2010 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie (Hozzászólás 3975291)
Ignore this.

Ignored. I ignore most of your posts anywho.

<3
:-)

To anyone reading this, as a wrenchie I'm very happy to help out people. As Tamat mentioned, we're Volunteers, we're not Riot, we do this in our spare time. Quite often I'd do this after work, (yes, we work also, and not for Riot!), between games, etc.

Due to the volunteer nature of our work we're not on 24/7, nor do we pretend to be. Quite often people QQ at us for not responding quick enough, but unfortunately that's not always possible. Personally, I live in the UK, so while you guys are gaming it up I'm sleeping! :-)

If you're looking for support, just try to keep that in mind. We're only human, we have other responsibilities, and what we do on the forums is 100% volunteer - we don't get paid, we barely get credit, and quite often we get called all sorts of names :-( But we continue on, why? Personally, I like to help people. I have years of experience in Technical Support environments, and I've always enjoyed it. I'm sure we all have our own reasons for helping out, but my reasons are purely because I enjoy helping out others :-)

Postal Twinkie 11-09-2010 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eambo (Hozzászólás 3975414)
Ignored. I ignore most of your posts anywho.

<3
:-)

To anyone reading this, as a wrenchie I'm very happy to help out people. As Tamat mentioned, we're Volunteers, we're not Riot, we do this in our spare time. Quite often I'd do this after work, (yes, we work also, and not for Riot!), between games, etc.

Due to the volunteer nature of our work we're not on 24/7, nor do we pretend to be. Quite often people QQ at us for not responding quick enough, but unfortunately that's not always possible. Personally, I live in the UK, so while you guys are gaming it up I'm sleeping! :-)

If you're looking for support, just try to keep that in mind. We're only human, we have other responsibilities, and what we do on the forums is 100% volunteer - we don't get paid, we barely get credit, and quite often we get called all sorts of names :-( But we continue on, why? Personally, I like to help people. I have years of experience in Technical Support environments, and I've always enjoyed it. I'm sure we all have our own reasons for helping out, but my reasons are purely because I enjoy helping out others :-)

On that note, you aren't invited to the Christmas Party..

----------------------

I tend to do a lot of work on the forums from work. I have the luxury of being able to do that, like right now, and when I am home I tend to play. So while we don't like to think so sometimes, we are only human and are limited to what we can do!