League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Thoughts on Zilean (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3340)

Loasted 08-04-2009 06:19 AM

Thoughts on Zilean

While I do not have too many games under my belt, I thought I would give my opinion on the Chronokeeper

Timebomb: Definitely the bread and butter for this champion. As it stands right now I think the amount of damage this does is scaling well with each level and doesn't seem too over or underpowered. Only gripe is that it feels like the range is a bit short making it hazardous to my health.

Recall: Starting off this spell isn't all it's cracked up to be. However once you get a couple ranks in it really starts to shine.. And at level 18 it however does start to get a bit ridiculous. With the right cooldown items you can effectly have time warp on at all times.

The max rank and items also allow you to combo quite effectly all spells and can be quite devestating. Timebomb --> Time Warp on Enemy --> Recall --> Timebomb --> Time Warp on Enemy Tends to be quite devestating but at early summoner levels without full runes and masteries I find that it doesn't quite finish off enemy champions.

Timewarp: It is what it is. The speed increase length is good as well as the amount and time slowed seems to be at a good rate.

Ultimate: I feel this is fairly balanced. It doesn't ressurect you or your ally's with full health and there is a slight delay before you can move again. It does save your butt coupled with a quick timewarp however and is great to through on a tank in the middle of a gank fest.

Overall I feel that Zilean is a bit slow off the mark in early levels but comes into his own mid to late levels. Some people are complaining about recall being imba late levels but I found that with the amount of damage I was doing with timebomb you really need recall currently the way it is. If anything maybe a 2 second delay at most on recall.

I can't comment on Zilean with a lvl 30 summoner and full runes and masteries so I'll probably post my comments when the time comes.

Desit 08-04-2009 07:15 AM

Zilean, as far as i've experienced, is a champion who mostly win the game for his team if played right. A good 30 Zilean player can totaly domintate whole enemy team, and at the same time help his team to surive.

It should not be possible to have his ultimate up so often imo, it can be abused to create an imortal team;
Played a game today against Zilean, Alistart, Judicator, Gunner and Teemo, seriosuly was imposible to kill anyone except of Teemo and Gunner. This was much thanks to Zileans ulti and slow/haste.

08-04-2009 08:10 AM

Early-game, Zilean is an excellent harasser. Because his bombs are his only offensive spell, they have good scaling, which means he can do good damage with very low contact time. If you're jumping in & out and trading single spells, zilean tends to do well.

Time Warp is one of the best utility spells in the game. Used well in a team scenario, it can make or break ganks, in both directions. It's a very good teamwork skill as well, you can help allies escape, or you can speed up your team to help catch runners. Warp-Speed Rammusball is a great way to initiate on your terms, or catch multiple runners, plus it's just funny to see.

His Ultimate can get ridiculous, but it's not great when you first get it. The mana cost is prohibitive, and you can't spam recall yet for perma-rez. Late game you can cast it twice per battle, which is excessive for a cooldown nominally in the two-minute range.

The important thing about playing Zilean, is that he changes what sort of character he is at different phases of the game. Early game he's either an excellent harasser or an excellent laner (because Time Bomb is AoE too). Mid-game he's mostly utility, his bombs do decent damage but his speed/slow means that your team gets out alive and theirs not so much. Late-game he's practically a carry, because his scaling goes into full swing with 2-second recall and 1.1*AP on time bomb.

Ron Fendo 08-04-2009 01:08 PM

Bombs need to have a short range because they stick on a hero even if they run back they can't get away from taking the dmg themselves.

His ulti needs tweaking Like possibly a debuff it puts up that just disables it to be put up on a hero for a certain period of time. Heroes that have guardian angel with a Zilean on the team are just unstoppable.Specificly Any tank, Jax,Warwick, or even a well played Yi.

Also just a question but has the recall rank 5 recalling itself been fixed yet or does it still occur?

Commodore Frank 08-04-2009 01:15 PM

Personally, I think his speed boost time is spot on, but the slow time on Time Warp needs to be toned down a little. Seven seconds is a heck of a long time. I think this will give more of a risk/reward, whether to get a longer effect out of boosting a teammate into battle or slowing an opponent to get your whole team onto them. If you're running, you're never getting out of a 7 second slow unless you have boost, not to mention chaining 2 together.

FalseMyrmidon 08-04-2009 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netherflame (Hozzászólás 33363)
Bombs need to have a short range because they stick on a hero even if they run back they can't get away from taking the dmg themselves.

Bombs are no different than any other nuke except they're time delayed.

Rokk 08-04-2009 02:15 PM

I think Zilean is excellently made except for his cooldown-reduction spell. The fact that it procs itself makes all of his abilities have outrageously low cooldown times. A 20 second cooldown on his ult (the lowest it goes?) is simply too powerful. Making his cooldown-reduction spell not proc itself would go a long way to balancing him.

Darklord 08-04-2009 02:20 PM

btw, it isnt just rank 5 recall that works this way; all ranks reduce their own cooldown by 10 seconds. It is just most noticeable at rank 5. If you have max CD reduction and spam recall on cooldown, the ult is about 25 seconds cooldown, at the expense of a very significant amount of extra mana. This is long enough that it will almost never be able to be used twice in a fight.

In general I find that zilean is a great champion all throughout the game, but isn't quite game breaking. His revive and bombs are both very strong, but the speed of battles coupled with his small bomb range and squishiness make him relatively balanced.

Razzle Dazzle 08-04-2009 02:29 PM

Zilean is decent early game, but late game he is one of the best champions in the game! His time bomb plus slows plus moe time bombs is such a great combo! Plus his ult keep him and allies alive! Recall has a bit of a balence problem (from what I've heard it Recalls itself, altough I've never noticed it)! Hes definutly one of my favorite champions!! Hes alot of fun and has a very unique concept!
my thanks go out to whoever designed him

Critical Error 08-04-2009 03:22 PM

With CD runes and a few CD items, ie getting to the 40% max, his ult CD is 11 seconds, with a duration of 15 seconds.