League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Amumu Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3331)

Revengez 08-04-2009 04:57 AM

Amumu Feedback

Amumu atm is one of my favorite heroes, and i played at least 15 games in a row with atm.

His Despair needs to be fixed. It's not a very viable skill, but atm it's really weak. It has very small AoE, and it doesn't do a lot of damage. There's a couple fixes I thought of.

1. Scale the % lifepoints taken away to 1%, 2%, 3%, 4%, 5%. This would make it a little more viable, with the mana cost it drains.

2. Half the ability power needed to get an extra 1%. I think it's 100 AP to get 1%, it's not worth it imo, if it would be 50 then that would be fine.

3. Make Cursed Touch an Active Skill like Despair, and make it toggable for mana cost.

Make the Scale of Magic Reduction on enemeis like 5/10/15/20/25.

Then make despair the passive, and make it do like 1.5% - 2% HP every second or so.

FreshLikeThresh 08-04-2009 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revengez (Hozzászólás 32646)
Amumu atm is one of my favorite heroes, and i played at least 15 games in a row with atm.

His Despair needs to be fixed. It's not a very viable skill, but atm it's really weak. It has very small AoE, and it doesn't do a lot of damage. There's a couple fixes I thought of.

1. Scale the % lifepoints taken away to 1%, 2%, 3%, 4%, 5%. This would make it a little more viable, with the mana cost it drains.

2. Half the ability power needed to get an extra 1%. I think it's 100 AP to get 1%, it's not worth it imo, if it would be 50 then that would be fine.

3. Make Cursed Touch an Active Skill like Despair, and make it toggable for mana cost.

Make the Scale of Magic Reduction on enemeis like 5/10/15/20/25.

Then make despair the passive, and make it do like 1.5% - 2% HP every second or so.

i agree with you on the upping despair to 5%
but if they do that i think that they should keep it at 100 AP per 1%
I love everything else about amumu tho and i think hes fine

Revengez 08-04-2009 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Really Sad (Hozzászólás 32862)
i agree with you on the upping despair to 5%
but if they do that i think that they should keep it at 100 AP per 1%
I love everything else about amumu tho and i think hes fine

Each one is a separate idea on how it can be fixed.

Logo 08-04-2009 09:27 AM

5% seems a little high, think about how much damage 5% is on an alister or other hero with 3000 health.

I mean 150dps PASSIVELY at 0 AP seems a little extreme even if the range is short.

Ron Fendo 08-04-2009 01:03 PM

From what I'v been told he is ment to be a counter to other tanks which is where the AP resist auto attack and despair comes in.

Tantrum is Fine
Bandage Toss gets bugged when someone has a spell shield up and he doesn't get pulled to them and they dont take the dmg or stun.
Despair could use the 1/2/3/4/5 IMO but make it 75 ap for another %.100 is to much, and 50 is just not enough.

If you notice most of the tanks have a way to heal themselves.
IE Alister,Nunu I believe has one, Cho'gal has his kill a creep get hp back, Warwick has life steal and Yi has meditate. Although the last 2 arnt tanks.

Despair is lacking currently because its negligable on anything but baron, dragon or other high hp tanks.

I would honestly be pleased if they gave him something more along the lines of something like curse of sadness that is a higher AOE lifedrain of sorts because in terms of tanking when you compair him to other heros he just really lacks, You hook yourself into the middle of a group and hit tantrum then ulti if its up and then hope that creeps are hitting you so you can tantrum more which when this isnt the case hes kinda just stuck there auto attacking at his horridly slow attack speed IMO.

Another option I would see a cool is a quicksand like spell with a bigger range of tantrum to give him a slow call it like sandstorm and have darude pop out of the ground,JK. But seriously giving him a slow would help synergise all of his skills together which I think would make him the perfect hero.

Thoughts

Commodore Frank 08-04-2009 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netherflame (Hozzászólás 33355)
Despair is lacking currently because its negligable on anything but baron, dragon or other high hp tanks.Thoughts

It's more powerful than a Sunfire Cape on any hero late game. Couple it with a cape, and that's a lot of AOE damage if they don't focus you and finish you fast, and getting focused is your job as a tank.

I think he's fine as he is, but maybe a little love wouldn't be a bad idea. He seems quite underplayed from my experience.

Ron Fendo 08-04-2009 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commodore Frank (Hozzászólás 33361)
It's more powerful than a Sunfire Cape on any hero late game. Couple it with a cape, and that's a lot of AOE damage if they don't focus you and finish you fast, and getting focused is your job as a tank.

I think he's fine as he is, but maybe a little love wouldn't be a bad idea. He seems quite underplayed from my experience.

With most of the games being composed of ranged heroes like ashe, tristana, and ryze, the sunfire cap isn't a huge factor anymore because they don't stand on you. But I agree when coupled with a cap on melee heroes despair is decent.

Commodore Frank 08-04-2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netherflame (Hozzászólás 33368)
With most of the games being composed of ranged heroes like ashe, tristana, and ryze, the sunfire cap isn't a huge factor anymore because they don't stand on you. But I agree when coupled with a cap on melee heroes despair is decent.

True, maybe they could give a slight boost to the range to compensate for that, or maybe when they fix the melee heroes, every team won't consist of those nasty ranged heroes, giving him a lot more effect.

Drakes 08-04-2009 01:49 PM

I feel despair is fine as it is, it usually does more damage than singed's purple haze with a lower mana cost. Its free damage, it cripples the tankier heroes.

Its alot of damage from just hugging someone, add in your regular attack damage and thats plenty.

Puff 08-04-2009 04:26 PM

The only thing I could see changing is having tantrum cause a AOE 1 second stun as well. This goes along with the rest of his skills and feels syngergistic to me.

The range on dispair isnt an issue, why? Because Amumu can(should?) be played as a support hero, meant to be an all up in your face disabler capable of doing a TAD bit of damage depending which item build you go with. Bandage, Activate Despair, Tantrum, Curse,......................... then comes in the cleanup crew.... if needed.

If you go with an AP heavy build, you can do SERIOUS dmg AS a disabler/tank.

Once more people start trying out different things , well see he works pretty well.