League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Mac Client (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   LoL is making me Re-Patch every time I open (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3316568)

MrPlace 04-07-2013 03:12 PM

LoL is making me Re-Patch every time I open

So I downloaded the Mac client, pulled it on the desktop and opened it and it began to patch.

After patching I played a game of dominion and my girlfriend wanted to play so I closed it so she could log in and when I opened it started patching the same patch again.

Its a 700mb patch and I'm on semi crappy wifi so it takes me hoouuurrsss to patch.

Is there some step I'm missing? Please help!

MrPlace 04-07-2013 03:13 PM

If it helps I'm on a Mac Book Air and running Mountain Lion.

Dataslave 04-07-2013 04:54 PM

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but.. did you install the game properly, or are you just running it from the DMG?

MrPlace 04-07-2013 05:07 PM

Totally installed. However the issue seems to have stopped. I opened it from the applications folder before, but upon pining it to the taskbar its stopped making me re-patch. Don't really know why, but I'm on right meow so I guess its fine.

MrPlace 04-07-2013 05:08 PM

I'm not terribly experienced with Mac's, so I'm not sure what the difference was, but its working so I'm not going to mess with it. Thank you though, I appreciate you getting back to me.

Brentmeister 04-08-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPlace (Hozzászólás 36483059)
Totally installed. However the issue seems to have stopped. I opened it from the applications folder before, but upon pining it to the taskbar its stopped making me re-patch. Don't really know why, but I'm on right meow so I guess its fine.

Do not pin LoLLauncher to your taskbar. This can cause issues. (same thing happens on windows if you try to pin LoL Launcher BTW so it's not a Mac Only bug either)

Zachxkitty 05-10-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotBrentmeister (Hozzászólás 36517747)
Do not pin LoLLauncher to your taskbar. This can cause issues. (same thing happens on windows if you try to pin LoL Launcher BTW so it's not a Mac Only bug either)

Then what do we do about the adobe air debugger crashing?
Ive posted threads about how it caused me to crash during champion select during a ranked game and made me fail my promotion series, No ones yet to respond and im concerned its going to happen again, how do i prevent it?

Dataslave 05-10-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zachxkitty (Hozzászólás 37600159)
Then what do we do about the adobe air debugger crashing?
Ive posted threads about how it caused me to crash during champion select during a ranked game and made me fail my promotion series, No ones yet to respond and im concerned its going to happen again, how do i prevent it?

I'm kind of confused why you're posting on this completely unrelated thread, unless you're just hopping on a red flagged post to try to get some attention :)

You've created three threads about this issue, one in the help & support forum, and two in the bug reports forum.

The ones in the bug report forum do not follow the established guidelines for bug reports, offer no technical information to help the developers identify, replicate, and fix your issue. In fact, the issue is only even mentioned in the title of the thread. The body of the posts are composed entirely of you venting, which doesn't really help anybody. The post in the help & support forum is pretty much identical, except it alludes to the error being mentioned "all over the forums".

I've read almost every post made in the mac forums since the launch of official mac client, and I can't remember ever hearing of this issue before. As far as I'm concerned, its a windows only issue. If you can offer evidence to the contrary, I'd love to see it. Considering you mention windows 8 in one of your posts, I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you aren't even running the mac client.

I took the time to do what you should have, and researched the issue. There are a myriad number of causes for this error, with some examples being: network issues, interference with internet packets by your virus/firewall software or your router or your internet provider, third party application conflicts (LoLReplay). In other words, the problem is almost certainly on your end.

This is not an issue that affects a lot of people, and its not going to just "get fixed" some day. If you want to stop having this problem, you're going to have to be willing to engage in meaningful tech support with someone. Your best bet is to open a ticket at support.leagueoflegends.com, and provide them with the detailed information they're going to ask for. It will take a lot of back and forth, but they should be able to help you isolate what is causing you to experience these crashes.

Zachxkitty 05-11-2013 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dataslave (Hozzászólás 37601660)
I'm kind of confused why you're posting on this completely unrelated thread, unless you're just hopping on a red flagged post to try to get some attention :)

You've created three threads about this issue, one in the help & support forum, and two in the bug reports forum.

The ones in the bug report forum do not follow the established guidelines for bug reports, offer no technical information to help the developers identify, replicate, and fix your issue. In fact, the issue is only even mentioned in the title of the thread. The body of the posts are composed entirely of you venting, which doesn't really help anybody. The post in the help & support forum is pretty much identical, except it alludes to the error being mentioned "all over the forums".

I've read almost every post made in the mac forums since the launch of official mac client, and I can't remember ever hearing of this issue before. As far as I'm concerned, its a windows only issue. If you can offer evidence to the contrary, I'd love to see it. Considering you mention windows 8 in one of your posts, I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you aren't even running the mac client.

I took the time to do what you should have, and researched the issue. There are a myriad number of causes for this error, with some examples being: network issues, interference with internet packets by your virus/firewall software or your router or your internet provider, third party application conflicts (LoLReplay). In other words, the problem is almost certainly on your end.

This is not an issue that affects a lot of people, and its not going to just "get fixed" some day. If you want to stop having this problem, you're going to have to be willing to engage in meaningful tech support with someone. Your best bet is to open a ticket at support.leagueoflegends.com, and provide them with the detailed information they're going to ask for. It will take a lot of back and forth, but they should be able to help you isolate what is causing you to experience these crashes.

OMG thank you, im literally desperate to find out how to fix this, its nothing with my firewall i know that much, but this was a last ditch effort to try and find help, and thank you, THANK YOU so much, its happened three times since the second thread i posted, you are the first form of response ive gotten, and ive read a few threads involving this problem and no one has said anything about this, so i thank you very much

TGP Michael 11-28-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dataslave View Post
I'm kind of confused why you're posting on this completely unrelated thread, unless you're just hopping on a red flagged post to try to get some attention

OMG thank you, im literally desperate to find out how to fix this, its nothing with my firewall i know that much, but this was a last ditch effort to try and find help, and thank you, THANK YOU so much, its happened three times since the second thread i posted, you are the first form of response ive gotten, and ive read a few threads involving this problem and no one has said anything about this, so i thank you very much

Why i love riot