League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Alistar Early/late game builds (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=32940)

Felborne 12-06-2009 09:33 AM

Alistar Early/late game builds

So i recently got alistar as a request from a friend to help him gank early on with singed, and for the most part the synergy sounded pretty good, now my issues that im having is that i find alistar is more of a tank, and i understand that i mean just looking at him you immediatly sense that he's a support tank, but im wondering if there's any way to keep him tank and yet still pull some pretty high hits, by throwing alot of ap on him? any thoughts comments would be appreciated!

~Felborne

nicosharp 12-06-2009 10:35 AM

if you lane with a singed, try going mana manip first. It will help u out and singed a lot. You want the Singed to get farmed up. Always pick pulverise first, get boots asap, and make sure you have mobility.. my preference now is cleanse + ghost walk, but flash works 2,, was better before nerf.

skill build recommended,
1- pulv
2- head (or roar, depending on the harrassment)
3- roar (or head if u took roar)
4- head
5- head
6- ult

try to get in range for pulv, or wait for singed to fling and be there to pulv
then walk arond them to headbutt them towards your tower, or deeper towards your base so you can get a few hits in.

Play conservatively and always have enough mana for the 1-2 pulv/headbutt cause its the only way to get kills, and you wont do a lot of damage if your doing random pulvs/heads.

There are so many ways to build alistar, id just focus on a mana manip to mercury treads, and try to get the mana manip into either a soul shroud, or a innervating locket asap.

bad element 12-06-2009 10:47 AM

@above poster... if you are going for a early gank... especially with another tosser like singed... why would you NOT want headbutt for lvl 1 skill....?

Solo Mid Nasus 12-06-2009 11:10 AM

I play quite a bit of Singed and my favorite lane partners would be Taric, Sion, TF, and Blitz. Anything with a constant stun really. Alistar needs flash most of the time to land his combo so it isn't as consistent.

nicosharp 12-06-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bad element (Hozzászólás 365817)
@above poster... if you are going for a early gank... especially with another tosser like singed... why would you NOT want headbutt for lvl 1 skill....?

because at lvl one, headbutt does mediocre damage, and the odds of you headbutting them towards one of your towers at level one is pretty much 0%. Headbutt does not stun.

Pulverise stuns, allows you and an ally to get in about 2 hits each. much better for lvl 1, and pairs nicely with a fling.

I8C SRS FACE 12-06-2009 03:28 PM

Cheap item that increases your damage output pretty well on Alistar while providing him with much needed deeper mana pool: Sheen. Roar is a rather spammable ability and Alistar clubs pretty hard on his own without any +damage items.

Wisewind 12-06-2009 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felborne (Hozzászólás 365610)
So i recently got alistar as a request from a friend to help him gank early on with singed, and for the most part the synergy sounded pretty good, now my issues that im having is that i find alistar is more of a tank, and i understand that i mean just looking at him you immediatly sense that he's a support tank, but im wondering if there's any way to keep him tank and yet still pull some pretty high hits, by throwing alot of ap on him? any thoughts comments would be appreciated!

~Felborne

like a few mentioned here already max Headbutt first, grab a sheen, and grab ghost or flash. You will get more efficiency damage wise with sheen rather than trying to stack ap on him. Pulverize, HB, and Sheen bonus with hits in between does a lot of damage already especially if you were able to nail a carry or caster. This plus Singed poison, plex, goo skill synergy should net you a good amount of kills early-mid game.

Slide 12-07-2009 08:16 AM

I main Alistar and Ive found the most success going Chalice->Ninja Tabi-> Sheen. Carrying Ghost and Cleanse.

Chalice gives you your mana regen (much needed) as well as much needed magic resist (as we will be passing on mercury treads RE: cleanse) Ninja Tabi gives you quite a bit more physical defense (probably the biggest boost you can get for physical defense cheaply) and then sheen as people have mentioned because it really is a GREAT damage boost on him and works peectly with your combo (pulverize->hit->heabutt->hit->heal->hit)

Skill I generally go pulv->heabutt->roar->pulv->heabutt->roar then macxing pulverize, then headbutt and taking ult at every oportunity. 2 levels of Roar is usually sufficient and you are using it as a catalust for sheen, so you want to keep the mana cost down as much as possible.

AP is not a good idea. While his abilitiesscale well, they do not cooldown fast enough to really make use of them more often. Youll get one combo off. It is then up to your teamates to capitalize on your combo and get the kill. Your far better off with what I outlined as it is cheap, covers both aspects of defense and makes you hit pretty hard. The whole combo with sheen will reliablyget heroes into a health range that your teamate can pick up a kill.

In games my team is rolling, after those 3 items I go for last whisper. This item on Alistar wins games. Yes it makes you better at champion killing but what it really dows is allow you to whipe any building as soon as you have your ult.

Just remember, Alistar is NOT a champion killer and no matter what you do, he just wont be effective at it. Your job is to set up kills for you carry, tank, and rip down buildings/push lanes.