League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   To make Teemo more active, move his poison to a passive. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=32855)

The Hye Circus 12-06-2009 01:05 AM

To make Teemo more active, move his poison to a passive.

That way there is a spot for a new active.

Amethyzt 12-06-2009 01:36 AM

sorry, i dont support this, i prefer the way it is

The Hye Circus 12-06-2009 01:54 AM

It's a suggestion to make Teemo less of a one-click hero.

12-06-2009 01:58 AM

this is a highly unproductive thread, no explanation, no actual ideas for it, nothing

however, i will play along and fill in the gaps with my own ideas;

i suppose it could work

though to make him more active, the first thing i would do is reduce move quick's movement speed and add a passive to move quick when not active as well as making it not enter cooldown if manually toggled

that way he has to intelligently use move quick to get the most out of it, turning it off before you get hit so you don't lose the passive in battles, being able to toggle off when hit so you can toggle back on more quickly

after that, if he still was not active enough, making poison his passive could work at reduced numbers or without an AP scale
if this is done, his new active and the change to move quick would need to be something that ties in with what he is already

blinding dart means he is anti-dps, so something anti-physical could work, but not evasion because its redundant when they are blinded
mushrooms poison and move quick are hit-and-run, so something that requires a lot of movement or encourages a lot of movement could work
he also has very fast attack speed and two poisons

for the active, one idea i had is a spell that is a debuff that persists so long as the target is taking damage
this ties in very well with his poison and his hit-and-run kiting theme, as well as his chasing with move quick, and helps with team synergy of your team whacking him too

a slow wouldn't really be needed since he has his ultimate, and attack speed slow is a bit redundant with blind.
perhaps a damage amplification or defense reduction

to make him more active, it would be a very weak very spam-able move, dealing low damage with a stacking debuff

Corrosive Poison
Teemo launches a dart covered in corrosive poison, weakening the targets defenses, dealing magic damage equal to half his attack (+.3 per AP) and reducing their armor and magic resistance by 5, debuff stacks up to 10 times and lasts until the target does not take damage for 2 seconds
manacost is set at around 30, and cooldown scales down from 10 to around 3

this would be a great kiting spell, running, hitting them with a regular attack followed by this every time it comes off cooldown, your own poison keeping the debuff on him
it also increases his hybrid damage part, dealing damage based on his attack and his AP, while increasing damage from both his magic damage poison/dart/this spell and his physical attacks

I8C SRS FACE 12-06-2009 02:12 AM

He's a map control hero. Making him a one-button wonder works out because the person playing him spends less time thinking about which abilities to mash and more about where he should place his mushrooms.

Besides, his new passive is awesome and fits his gameplay style excellently. It also gives people a reason to pick up Oracle's elixirs against him for more than just to de-shroom their lane. Makes Teemo play honest and actually have to port back to base while injured instead of hide in the bushes and go invis.

At least, IMHO.

Just because you like more active heroes doesn't mean everyone does. Dr. Mundo is my favorite hero in the game because 90% of my buttons pushed are Q and E for cleaver and masochism. I also like Karthus (I miss having him on my roster ;_;) who is a very spammy hero, so go figure. All my favorite heroes in DOTA were guys with passives because I didn't have to think as much while playing.

12-06-2009 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I8C SRS FACE (Hozzászólás 364771)
Besides, his new passive is awesome and fits his gameplay style excellently

i stopped listening there

EchoRex 12-06-2009 03:41 AM

To the OP: No, passives have hitherto not scaled to AP and I for one would never want to see them do so. Teemo's poison scaling to AP is one of, if not the, driving factors for making him viable as a map control/nuke and kite AP user.

To I8C: His new passive is about as bad as his old one, it doesn't add anything but a quick mid lane blinding dart => poison kiting gank only if you aren't pushing and aren't noticed to be missing.

A better option would be:
New Passive, change Move Fast to innate passive: allowing him to move 0.5% faster for every attack he performs, max stack of 20, if damaged the stacks go away.
Instead of Move Fast as an actual ability, give him a stealth detection mushroom or a targetable move speed buff that gives the teammate the effects of the Move Fast passive +15-25% move speed for like 10sec.

The Hye Circus 12-06-2009 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echo7 (Hozzászólás 364919)
To the OP: No, passives have hitherto not scaled to AP and I for one would never want to see them do so. Teemo's poison scaling to AP is one of, if not the, driving factors for making him viable as a map control/nuke and kite AP user.

To I8C: His new passive is about as bad as his old one, it doesn't add anything but a quick mid lane blinding dart => poison kiting gank only if you aren't pushing and aren't noticed to be missing.

A better option would be:
New Passive, change Move Fast to innate passive: allowing him to move 0.5% faster for every attack he performs, max stack of 20, if damaged the stacks go away.
Instead of Move Fast as an actual ability, give him a stealth detection mushroom or a targetable move speed buff that gives the teammate the effects of the Move Fast passive +15-25% move speed for like 10sec.

1. First off to Jayce, this wasn't supposed to be the most detailed thread out there. I am well aware of what putting poison on the passive means. I was thinking about it leveling up every 8 levels but I wasn't sure. So I figured I'd post it as is and see how people go with it. Which brings me to:

2. Echo, your suggestion is really good. It stacks well with Teemo and makes a lot of sense for his hero. Plus it frees up a spot. I like it.

The Hye Circus 12-07-2009 02:35 PM

I guess, like most topics, this idea will now be thrown out. It kind of makes me wonder why I post on here.

EchoRex 12-07-2009 02:37 PM

They don't get thrown out, they just get buried under mountains of ****tastic playstyle/builds players whining about stuff or pants-on-head ******ed people posting repeat after repeat thread on the same topic.