League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   [Guide] Durasticks (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=324493)

Herkucheeze 11-03-2010 08:33 PM

[Guide] Durasticks

“Fiddlesticks is bad”

So say the tier lists. But what does a tier list built around pro-level arranged 5v5 ranked matches have to do with you having fun and winning a lot in ranked solo queue?
I will make no claim to being a pro, but I can say that the way I play Fiddle in ranked solo (real solo, I don’t duo at all) has netted me a win ratio of 70% (24 wins, 10 losses) and an ELO of 1333. Again, not pro, but 1333 puts me in the 68th percentile of players above 1200, so within the top third of those who win more than they lose. How, you ask?

Durasticks.

-We will start with a standard 9/0/21 mastery, making sure to get improved flash, along with all the masteries that are pertinent to jungling, since that is where you always want to start.

-Runes will also be fairly normal, magic pen marks, mana regen per 5 seals, and cdr glyphs (flat or scaling, not a huge difference), and some mix of flat health and magic pen quints.

-Abilities are tricky, but since we are jungling the beginning will be fairly straight forward:

1. Drain
2. Dark Wind
3. Drain
4. Terrify
5. Dark Wind
6. CROW STORM

After this, you should be pretty much out of the jungle, so your circumstances will dictate what you should get. But, just as advice, don't spend many points in drain past the first 2. Reason being is that it's easily interruptible, doesn't do insane damage, and anyone who has a clue won't let you kill them with it. besides, Dark Wind and Terrify are pure gold in team fights and for escapes.

-Summoner spells can be variable, but you should always have flash. always. I either will roll smite or ghost with it, depending on whether or not they have a jungler. If they do, take smite for the creep control it provides, if they don't, take ghost and cruise people down with 60 mile per hour crowstorms.

Jungling as Fiddle is pretty straight-forward, as you really don't need much to do it. Buy one health pot, and whatever else you want (I get boots for increased jungling speed and better ganks, and a ward, GO GO map awareness!). Go to blue buff, hit the golem, and pop your health pot as soon as possible, then proceed to drain everything in your jungle to death.

At this point, you should be setting up a sweet gank on bottom lane at level 4 (or getting their blue and/or dragoning, depending on what the mini-map looks like). Ghosting in, whacking the squishiest one with your surprisingly awesome red buff attack, and sending a dark wind and a drain should be enough to mess someone's day up. At worst, they will pop all the summoner spells they have, and at best you'll clear the lane.

After this you should fill in where needed in the lanes, and get to six via jungle creeps. Once you hit six, all hell should be breaking loose. By flashing immediately after the crowstorm channel, you will have crazy range, and outstanding ganks. Proceed to win.

Gear

Here's the deal, AP Fiddle blows. If you don't believe me, try it for a few games. His ratios are junk, and he requires durability considering the place we want Fiddle to be is in the middle of all five enemies (pro storming their faces off). Considering this, magic pen is a far more efficient way to increase his damage (as it is for most casters). Oh, and CDR is very necessary, considering all of Fiddle's spells are very useful, and they all have pretty long c/d. So we want to prioritize the following in our items:

1. Magic Pen
2. Durability
3. Cool Down Reduction

So here is a basic build, that I use (or some variation thereof) almost every match:

-Boots, ward, health pot
-Ruby and Sapphire
-Level 2 boots (Sorcerer's shoes, or Merc Treads if they have wicked cc)
-Glacial Shroud
-Haunting Guise
-Abyssal Scepter
-Rylai's Scepter

If the game goes too long, feel free to throw a Zhonya's/Mejai's in (or a void staff if they stack MR like bosses).

This build will give you plenty of health, mana, 79 + 15% magic pen, a decent amount of ap, near maxed CDR, and even MORE cc. Oh, and about 100 armor and MR. I'll admit, the Rylai's is a luxury item, and most games you won't get to it, but it is a nice dagger in the heart.

Why no Zhonya's you ask? Because, as I've said, ap isn't cost effective on Fiddle, and with this build you should be tankish enough to not get insta-gibbed in the 2 seconds after you crow-storm in.

One final note; wards, high levels of organization, and clairvoyance will ruin your day. If they ward a lot, spend gold on counter warding. I know it sucks to delay your build, but you don't need the gold that badly, and Fiddle is useless when they know where you are.

I say again, if you get the inkling that they are warding, BUY PURPLE WARDS or an ORACLE ELIXIR. That is all.

El Hebrew Hammer 11-03-2010 10:28 PM

Good guide. +1

4kk1 11-04-2010 01:38 AM

Excellent job. I think its really the best you can make of Fiddle in its current state. One could argue about taking another point in Terrify at Lvl5 as this is your main escape spell and it allows for a better Fear/Drain-Combo. Anyway, +1!

p.s. Good remarks about warding, as this is the junglers job.

Herkucheeze 11-04-2010 01:12 PM

Thank you both for the feedback!

Lachryma 11-04-2010 01:28 PM

I've never played Fiddlesticks but this guide is good for the jungling/warding tips alone.

WinstonWonderlnd 11-04-2010 01:36 PM

hm...weird item build, i see what your trying to do, but i would prefer to get the rylais a LOT earlier (for the CC/HP/AP), and i find that you can start with Dorans ring/hp pot and can get dragon at lvl 4/5, i typically gank at lvl 6, then go back to buy as much as i can of Rylais, after i finish rylais i just freestyle, getting AP/HP/Mpen, i see why you might want to get the Armor/MR but i get that after i get HP
- Dorans ring + hp pot
- Wards for other junglers/ whatever
- Typically giants belt/boots one
- moar wardssss
- finish rylais, start haunting
- whatever

Genomax 11-04-2010 04:57 PM

I agree that an AP build is kinda useless, considering his horrible AP ratios. I also agree with survivability and CDR, since his damage output is high enough as it is. What I would question, however, would be stacking magic penetration, considering his passive and sorcerer's boots are usually enough for non-tank champions. Furthermore, if you needed magic penetration for magic resist-stacking tanks, wouldn't you just get Void Staff? So the Haunting Guise begins to look questionable...I think there are probably better survivability items out there.
Oh and you might still want to grab a Zhonya's ring. If you ult into a teamfight and the other team focuses you instead of running away, the two seconds of invulnerability is invaluable. I think that's the main reason people get it for Fiddlesticks, not because of the massive AP bonus.

Herkucheeze 11-04-2010 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genomax (Hozzászólás 3872880)
I agree that an AP build is kinda useless, considering his horrible AP ratios. I also agree with survivability and CDR, since his damage output is high enough as it is. What I would question, however, would be stacking magic penetration, considering his passive and sorcerer's boots are usually enough for non-tank champions. Furthermore, if you needed magic penetration for magic resist-stacking tanks, wouldn't you just get Void Staff? So the Haunting Guise begins to look questionable...I think there are probably better survivability items out there.
Oh and you might still want to grab a Zhonya's ring. If you ult into a teamfight and the other team focuses you instead of running away, the two seconds of invulnerability is invaluable. I think that's the main reason people get it for Fiddlesticks, not because of the massive AP bonus.

Solid points, but let me point out some things.

1. Haunting Guise is an item that gives AP, health, and Magic Pen, and is relatively cheap. It is a great early/mid-game item for our scarecrow.

2. Most decent carries will build at least some MR, since burst casters will tear them down quickly if they don't. Also, I find myself getting Merc Treads more often than Sorc Shoes, and with that version you get 59 magic pen, which is just enough to zero out someone with one MR item.

3. Yeah, Zhonya's isn't a bad choice. It's just that the only games I really want a Z-ring are the ones where I can't afford it, because we're getting handled, or multiple enemies got fed.

Food for thought.

agherwyijogkj 11-04-2010 09:22 PM

so it's a tanking stick.

WTFyrz 11-04-2010 09:49 PM

Don't build zhonya on fiddle unless you know the opponent is gonna attack you. There are 2 responses when you crowstorm. 1) they run away (therefore, zhonya won't work for you) or 2) they attack you (then you need zhonya). So if they are a team that likes to run away, don't get zhonya.