League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Cleanse changes and their effect on the game. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=32263)

Xirus 12-04-2009 03:09 PM

Cleanse changes and their effect on the game.

So I like the new cleanse changes, since it always feels a bit lame to get CCed to death, or to cleanse one CC and get another.

That said, how are they affecting champions? Also, does having the cleanse "bubble" up prevent damage associated with CC from landing? It almost seems like it does. What I've noticed so far:

Twisted fate: his best combo, destiny > gate > gold card, doesn't work on people with cleanse anymore, as they can pop cleanse before the gold card even lands. Cleanse worked on it before, but it was still enough to slow them down before, and now more people are taking cleanse.

Morgana: Her ultimate always gives 4 seconds warning, plenty of time to pop cleanse and avoid the final blow. It's so extreme I wonder if morgana will have to have her ult reexamined at some point.

Who else have you been seeing affected by the cleanse changes? Pretty much anyone with an obvious "CC is coming!!!" move should be feeling the hurt.

EchoRex 12-04-2009 03:13 PM

Some champions are unstoppable if they have cleanse currently, Pirate, Sivir, Morgana for examples.

While some champions like Morgana, Anivia, Amumu and Twitch are swatted with the nerf bat indirectly due to their skills if the other team is holding multiple cleanses

Bledrek 12-04-2009 03:57 PM

I don't like how mandatory the spell feels in its current state, because it has so many applications and useful counters.

I know it has an animation, but changing this to a orb/shield or something visible for those 2 seconds would help prevent wasting abilities while it's "invisible" (the current animation is so subtle that with 10 people casting is almost impossible to see).

And, as been mentioned a lot since the patch, the tooltip says "Removes all debuffs from your character and makes you immune to debuffs for 2 seconds," yet it also makes you invulnerable to damage linked to disables (which a lot of characters have). As a simple example, it allows to you to shrug off all effects of Ashe's Crystal Arrow. A summoner spell with a short cd that can totally negate a characters ult every time seems a little op to me.

walras 12-04-2009 05:10 PM

Tryndamere was almost unkilleable before the update thanks to his insane spinning range. Now with the new cleanse, he is really unkilleable.

Razhik 12-04-2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walras (Hozzászólás 358700)
Tryndamere was almost unkilleable before the update thanks to his insane spinning range. Now with the new cleanse, he is really unkilleable.

except for the fact that his spinning range was reduced