League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Mac Client (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Clicking Problem Mac (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3211070)

PHAR0CYDE 03-10-2013 02:31 PM

Clicking Problem Mac

this happened after i downloaded the new mac client:

So when i go into a game i have to left click everything twice for it to function. For example when i try to open the shop i have to double click it and sometimes that will cause me to accidentally buy something i didnt want. another example is if im using an ability i have to double click on the enemy to use it on them. or ignite or ping all the same problem.

BTW this is only for my left click. My right click is fine and i know it isnt a problem with my mouse or anything because when i click out of league and go on the internet my clicking works find.

This happens about 2 times a day i might play 10 games so having it 2/10 means have to put smartcast on and im not really used to that.

PLS PLS sum1 HELP

edit: I FOUND OUT HOW TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE

1. go to settings
2. go to video
3. there should be a menu saying whether its borderless/ windowed or full screen. press windowed
if the letters in the bar at the top of the window isn't shaded then all you have to do is click out of the window and then click in it again. or if that doesnt work change your windowed to borderless.

it works everytime for me hope it works for you guys

Ediwir 03-10-2013 03:46 PM

happened to me, and i'm quite sure it's on the first game every time i start the client.
reconnecting fixes the bug for that game, following games are unaffected until i restart the client.

an extra: i experienced leftclicking bugs with using Quick Alert Ping (the command unbinds leftclick permanently), do you use any particular keybindings or macros?

PHAR0CYDE 03-10-2013 04:52 PM

nup no key bindings i only turn on smart cast when the clicking fcks up

Kyestrike 03-15-2013 03:58 PM

This happens to me every single game I play four games in a row now.

Dataslave 03-15-2013 04:10 PM

Post your system specs.

What type of mouse are you using? Are you running any third party programs in the background that might be "eating" your mouse clicks (spotify, mumble, and pandorajam are a few that have had this issue in the past). Are you losing clicks in any other application? (Are you *100% positive* it's only in lol)

Ediwir 03-15-2013 04:51 PM

MacBookPro7,1 with OSX 10.7.5
2,4Ghz
4Gb Ram
mouse Logitech M305

only apps opened when the bug was spotted last time were Skype and TS. shifting windows (i play borderless so it's quite easy) shows the mouse works correctly on other applications. no other applications trigger the issue. leaving and reconnecting to the game solves the bug.

Dataslave 03-15-2013 05:19 PM

The next step is to try and pinpoint the exact cause. Try another mouse (wired preferably) and replicate the error. If it still happens, switch back to your old mouse, then try with only TS running, then with only Skype running, then with neither.

My personal experience with this bug was using a voice chat program, with push to talk enabled on mouse4. The bug would only crop up when the program was running, and ate left clicks ~10% of the time with a game open, and 1% of the time when browsing the web. Absolutely maddening to pin it down, was fixed by helping the chat program's developers replicate the bug and fix it..

Ediwir 03-16-2013 03:12 AM

point is it's not appearing regularly anymore. sometimes it's the first game of the day, sometimes it never happens, sometimes it's the third time. i'm feeling this bug is quite annoying to determine exactly, but i'm trying already.

Ediwir 03-16-2013 12:11 PM

oh, it happened again. this time on PBE. i switched the mouse with another one to check, and the other one wasn't leftclicking either.
right click worked correctly with both of them.

Sjafi 03-17-2013 02:45 PM

I'm getting this same issue. I use a logitech m705 that works perfectly fine with every other program I use(I would notice as a graphic designer). In-game, I almost always have to left click twice to get a skill to work. For example, if I try to exhaust an enemy by pressing 'd' + left click, it won't register and I will have to either 'd' + left click again or simply left click again.

Very maddening and has costed me many ganks/team fights =\

I have zero programs that interfere with the mouse. I've also had extreme frame rate issues, but was able to correct this by switching vertical synch off, and checking use mouse software setting. Without these, the game is unplayable.