League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stacking Slows? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=319105)

Xion Moonray 11-01-2010 08:18 AM

Stacking Slows?

Here's an oddball question...

Today my friend asked me to do a little experiment with a potential Vlad build. He asked me whjat would happen if I just stacked Rylai's, how effective would it be? Well, I already knew that it would be a nice amount of HP and AP, but the real experiemtn was to see how much Transfusion would slow targets.

Now, I've never ben reliant on the Slow from Rylai's. It never seemed to be that big. But the idea of hitting someone with a massive Slow was tempting, so I tried it. The problem is, it didn't seem to effect the slow amount at all...Despite the fact that Rylai's passive is non-unique.

So, the question here is how exactly does the Rylai's passive stack? What's the formula? Also, how does it effect abilities that already slow, like Sanguine Pool? Also, I've been using Frozen Mallet on Ashe, which is just sinister for soft CC, how exactly does Frozen Mallet work with Frost Shot? What the heck is the slow on Frozen Mallet anyways, it doesn't say.

I'm just curious as to how stacking Slow effects, from one player source, adds up.

ozzy6009 11-01-2010 08:22 AM

Different types of slows stack, like frozen mallet and frost shot, but not the same type (like stacking rylais). They stack multiplicatively, with diminishing returns once they get below a certain movespeed (I think its 200).

Onlyashadow 11-01-2010 08:23 AM

1 item slow (rylais, mallet, or lizard buff) and 1 ability slow (wither, frost shot, mocking shout)

The highest value will be applied for each catagory

Xion Moonray 11-01-2010 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onlyashadow (Hozzászólás 3791082)
1 item slow (rylais, mallet, or lizard buff) and 1 ability slow (wither, frost shot, mocking shout)

So, theoretically, let's say I'm playing Ashe with a Frozen Mallet and Lizard...

Are you saying I would only get the effects of Frost Shot + Lizard or Mallet?

wildfire393 11-01-2010 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onlyashadow (Hozzászólás 3791082)

False. One item slow, any number of ability slows. There's diminishing returns after a certain point though. This is most easily checked on Ashe. Get her Frost Shot, buy a Frozen Mallet, and get the Lizard Buff. You'll drop someone's speed from ~300 to <100. Each thing you add will lower their speed even more.

Voidgolem 11-01-2010 08:42 AM

One item slow, one ability slow (I think. Plus Rylai's is unique passive, IIRC)

Urgot + Rylai's is crazy. In more ways than one.

PHawk 11-01-2010 08:45 AM

The strongest slows in the game are Karthus' wall and Nasus' Wither, right? And they get bonus from Rylais (please don't build Rylais with Nasus kids, that's not what I'm saying.) But would that make it possible to push move speed reduction up to 100%?

Gunflame 11-01-2010 12:21 PM

Those 2 slows dont get bonuses from rylai because they dont do damage.

Nunu's iceball is -60% speed

djpeanutbutter 11-01-2010 12:39 PM

Transfusion is considered a "multi-target" spell, so it will only slow by 15%. Also, the slows from the same source (in this example Rylai's) do not stack, basically it won't matter how many Rylai's you have in your inventory, you will slow for 15% everytime. IIRC there's a Guinsoo post laying around detailing it.