League of Legends Community
12345 ... 6

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   @Phreak Quinn Champion Spotlight (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3177208)

LBX Tonyb3 02-28-2013 07:45 PM

@Phreak Quinn Champion Spotlight

While i feel like Quinn is going to be a pretty strong champion, i was fairly unimpressed with the spotlight.

You do a really good job explaining a lot of the mechanics and such, (I really enjoyed the part about how you still need to buy wards) but as far as the actual game play went I was a little disappointed.

Normally you showcase a bunch of awesome plays you can make with the champion and you show some intense team fights where she does something that makes your team win the fight, however with this spotlight there were only small skirmishes and nothing really blew my mind.

Is this because you didn't get as many games of Quinn to chose footage from, or is she a carry that requires a high skill cap to make those blow your mind plays and you didn't really have any of those to showcase? Just want your thoughts on the subject.

RockJockey 02-28-2013 07:49 PM

good question.

Aavak 02-28-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyb3 (Hozzászólás 35144502)
While i feel like Quinn is going to be a pretty strong champion, i was fairly unimpressed with the spotlight.

You do a really good job explaining a lot of the mechanics and such, (I really enjoyed the part about how you still need to buy wards) but as far as the actual game play went I was a little disappointed.

Normally you showcase a bunch of awesome plays you can make with the champion and you show some intense team fights where she does something that makes your team win the fight, however with this spotlight there were only small skirmishes and nothing really blew my mind.

Is this because you didn't get as many games of Quinn to chose footage from, or is she a carry that requires a high skill cap to make those blow your mind plays and you didn't really have any of those to showcase? Just want your thoughts on the subject.

He chose to show lane-phase skirmishes because she only really 'shines' in lane phase and that's purely because she has some good utility. All of these QQ threads saying that she should be nerfed are quite ridiculous in this respect. With her very short range and without a passive that makes her tankier (by which I make a comparison to graves) or a straight escape mechanism (again like graves) she would be useless before even being released.

LBX Tonyb3 02-28-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aavak (Hozzászólás 35144675)
He chose to show lane-phase skirmishes because she only really 'shines' in lane phase and that's purely because she has some good utility. All of these QQ threads saying that she should be nerfed are quite ridiculous in this respect.

I see. I don't play on the PBE so I don't really know much about champions other than theory crafting ideas for them.

Any other thoughts?

MadridFC 02-28-2013 07:54 PM

he did not say hes catchphrase

LBX Tonyb3 02-28-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadridFC (Hozzászólás 35144814)
he did not say hes catchphrase

Oh snap. Phreak! Where is the tons of damage!

Buff Quinn now!

Aavak 02-28-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyb3 (Hozzászólás 35144768)
I see. I don't play on the PBE so I don't really know much about champions other than theory crafting ideas for them.

Any other thoughts?

Read the edited post. I gave more reasoning. I could also explain that building a Black Cleaver for CDR along with a Trinity Force is more beneficial that a PD and LW because of her passive that gives her an Atk Speed steroid.

EDIT: I'm surprised Phreak didn't mention Trinity Force or say Tons of Damage.

RisottoNero 02-28-2013 07:57 PM

That's the only thing she can do. What else do you expect? Do something in a teamfight with that ult? But it's surprising since they can just stage a clean-up to make her look good at that.

LBX Tonyb3 02-28-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aavak (Hozzászólás 35144860)
Read the edited post. I gave more reasoning. I could also explain that building a Black Cleaver for CDR along with a Trinity Force is more beneficial that a PD and LW because of her passive that gives her an Atk Speed steroid.

EDIT: I'm surprised Phreak didn't mention Trinity Force or say Tons of Damage.

Not to disagree, but thats like saying every ADC with an atk speed steroid is better with BC instead of LW. (To be clear, I purely mean the att speed steroid, not other parts of their kit. Graves still benefits well from BC due to his abilities).

Phreak 02-28-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyb3 (Hozzászólás 35144502)

There were actually a couple of snags that set us back on this one, unfortunately.

The first is that LCS takes up a lot of my time, so I'm not able to come back in for last-minute changes nearly as much as I was before. This is something we're looking to fix, but is a problem right now.

Second, we made a couple of small errors choosing clips to portray: I actually recorded Vault going over a wall during the introductory "Ability Demos" section, but failed to include it in the final video. That one's my fault, I should have been watching more closely and made sure that went in.

The third one is actually really unfortunate as we had two different awesome team fights to show.

In one, Hecarim dives in, and QV Vaults away, puts a bunch of damage, and makes him run. QV pops ult, follows him around the side jungle (near Blue's Golem) and takes him out in bird form. This places QV right behind the enemy Lux and gets another assassination, making a 4-1 fight.

The other is basically the inverse. QV dives in with their ultimate too early and is immediately forced to Flash out, showing that the ult is more of an assassination move than an "it's a team fight just press it" ability.

The reason they got cut was because we were playtesting QV at the same time as an upcoming champion rework (Visual? Gameplay? Both? Who knows?! :)) that we had planned to reveal by now, but aren't ready to just yet.

I definitely feel your concern, though. I loved how those fights looked and they had some great information in them.

Edit: And the OP is deserving of upvotes. You should definitely call me out if Spotlights aren't up to the quality you expect. Sorry we missed this one for you.