League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Support with Mikael's Crucible (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3169643)

PentaAsian 02-26-2013 03:44 PM

Support with Mikael's Crucible

So I have been theory crafting some strategies with team comps and also item comps. I mainly play support so most of the team comps I think of revolve around the bot lane. I have a question and want to see what others have experienced with Mikael's Crucible. Would that be a good "keep all game item" (like a runic bulwark) or would that be an item that you build early and sell it later for another item? It seems like a good "keep all game" item for team fights because of the cleanse that comes up every 2 minutes. I would just like to get some feedback as to whether or not to build it early or mid game, and whether or not to keep it all game and not sell it for an item like a spirit visage (which is all around a better item on a support) or whether or not to even build it in the first place.

Kvoth3 02-26-2013 04:34 PM

If you have a hyper carry, or if your AD is the only way you are going to win a certain game, keep it.

Ender W1gg1n 02-27-2013 04:07 PM

As a support, I tend not to buy this item. The reason is because it is a very situational item that only benefits a single target (i.e. you have a hyper-carry to protect that must be alive to win teamfights).

There are simply other items to buy that should be higher-priority, because of the greater utility they bring or because they benefit the team as a whole.

+ Aegis of the Legion / Runic Bulwark - benefits group with aura
+ Locket of the Iron Solari - benefits group with active.
+ Shurelya's Reverie - benefits group with active
- Save 1 slot for yourself for wards / sightstone / ruby sightstone
- Save 1 slot for yourself for boots

In almost all cases, filling those 5 slots will be a much higher priority than filling my 6th slot with a situational item.

Jowabunga 02-27-2013 06:40 PM

I play a lot of Nami, in fact most of my support play is with Nami and I always rush Crucible after Philo Stone. I always rush Chalice after Philo Stone with her as those two items together basically allow me to spam spells and avoid running out of mana in even long engagements. I also think that in this high-health bruiser environment it's really handy to be able to give my carry an "out" if they get jumped.

GundayMonday 02-28-2013 12:41 PM

It's one of the best items in the game, especially against a team with lots of stuns. Makes it so they can't lock down your squishy carries and gives your carry a HUGE heal. It's a fantastic item and getting it as a support lets you change the outcome of teamfights if used properly.

PipeMage 03-04-2013 09:59 AM

Mikael's Crucible isn't a bad item but… the only problem with the item is that it has a 3 minute cooldown, which feels really long =/ Well I guess I cannot really complain since Cleanse has a 3.5 minute cooldown.

To use this item, you must have Artificer for the 15% cooldown on active items, which means that the Crucible will have a 2.55 minute cooldown.

This item should really only be used if the enemy team has a lot of single target CC. Well, if they have AoE CC, you can still use this item on your carry to take them out, or to save your carry.

What sucks is that this item does not remove ignite like Cleanse does

I wish this item was made with a philo though =(