League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   anivia mana conserve (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3169366)

KIDDADDY 02-26-2013 02:19 PM

anivia mana conserve

I just tried Anivia for the first time today and I was wondering the best ways to conserve her mana would be?

Kvoth3 02-26-2013 04:33 PM

Typically, don't E them unless they are 'frosted.'
Don't spam spells. Once you're 6, just ult the wave down and then harass with auto-attacks.

I get a Chalice since that gives a lot of mana.
Ask for blue from your jungler.

KIDDADDY 02-26-2013 04:46 PM

how early do you get a chalice?

KIDDADDY 02-26-2013 04:46 PM

is that what you get when you first go back?

shadefall1 02-26-2013 05:10 PM

normal I go tear of the goddess and the clarity spell getting chalice later after getting blasting wand and boots and upgradeing both at the same time

HOMO KPOP 02-26-2013 05:48 PM

I go with movement speed quints every time I play Anivia. I think they're absolutely essential. I start out with Fairie/pots/ward and first time going back I'd pick up chalice.

Anivia runs out of mana fast and I don't think Tear is that great of an item. You shouldn't be spamming Q, only E if frosted. I generally don't even use E until I'm level 6 to quickly R -> E poke sometimes. Pick up Chalice and you need blue buff really. You can also go with catalyst to build ROA against some champs but it's really just not spamming, buying chalice, and having blue buff.

doomed2death 02-26-2013 07:34 PM

Clarity is a nono.

There's a lot of ways to go about this:

For one, conservation. Don't just turn on your R and leave it on nor should you spam your Q. E only when they're frosted and practice making sure each of your skills hit; they should then be losing health faster than you're losing MP.

For two, cheap good items. Tear of the goddess isn't bad, nor is chalice. However, 2 Doran's Rings and some decent last hitting skill can serve the same purpose.

Next up, max up your max MP. Rod of Ages gives you great max MP and valor will grant you great sustain. On top of that, RoA has decent AP gains.

Otherwise, An Archangel's staff gives you the most MP in the game and some great AP bonuses. If you can farm fast enough to get a RoA on top of that (early enough for it to matter), you'll be set for damage and defenses.

The other options is an Athene's Unholy Grail. Athene's grants 20% CDR which is pretty awesome for getting out more Q's and E's (which will be possible with the ridiculous MP regen). If you have mana issues, drop a champ dead :P It'll recover enough MP for you to stay in the fight. Athene's passive grants you more MP regen for the less MP you have which is perfect for maintaining your R. It's all you need but this is definitely the less offensive option. It's cheaper and the CDR is great but it won't grant you anywhere near the AP that Archangel's will so it's up to you.

Either way, itemziation goes to RoA and/or Archangel's or just an Athene's. One is obviously cheaper but for inferior stats.

Kvoth3 02-26-2013 07:57 PM

I rush chalice myself, but it all depends. After boots, of course.
Can't go wrong with catalyst into RoA either. Or both.