League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Oh my God, kill lanes! (what's happening to bot?) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3168706)

Butts McFarts 02-26-2013 10:33 AM

Oh my God, kill lanes! (what's happening to bot?)

Butt's up, guys?

It's been several games now, and I'm pretty sure it's not just the enemy team being stubborn with their champ choices :[ My pals and I have been stymied by this recent development of bot lane containing two high-damage/high-poke AD champs instead of ADC/Support. Things like Draven/Cait, Draven/Panth, Cait/Jayce... With everyone else abiding by the current meta. Even starting with a sack full of pots isn't enough to mitigate the sheer capacity of the enemies to bully you back to the fountain.

Has anyone else encountered this? And has anyone found a great solution? I was able to oust this kind of thing once as jungle Hec, and it was messy... Had to camp bot and aggressively stack health/armor so I could pacify one of them long enough for my pals to take 'em down. The turnaround was really slow (my poor bot buddies died six or seven times apiece) but eventually they starved each other of money (both champs really need farm, and kills didn't amount to much by then) and we bounced back. Luckily our other lanes were dominating so I wasn't needed, but boy, a jungler really needs better map presence than that.

Any help would be much appreciated on this! :D

Proxyminers 02-26-2013 10:45 AM

advice is to stop aggressive game play.
imo, lol is not kind to adc. you're better off having an adc that is a melee bruiser with sustain.
I play zilean support because i can poke very easy and hard.

to be truthful, wards are top priority. you go back, get a pink ward every time and clear that river.

Kyuubey 02-26-2013 11:09 AM

Yea, Zilean support is the counter to sustainless lanes, being able to outpoke them and save his adc.

Great Pyrenees 02-26-2013 11:42 AM

Two adc's in the bot lane is a TERIBAD team comp. They will NOT be able to sufficiently farm for later team fights. However if their only goal is to win the game in 20 mins it is possible depending on how bad the opposing bot lane does.

This has been coming for a YEAR. They nefed the hell out of sustain supports making kill lanes possible. (IMO 2 adc's is a piss poor kill lane) A real kill lane would be j5 and jayce lol. Graves plus any sustain support can safely farm under tower like there is no tomorrow to counter 2 adc's.

Qsario 02-26-2013 12:04 PM

Janna does fairly well vs. crazy kill lanes for the most part, simply because she can keep them alive. After that, it's up to your ADC to outscale them. A low-gold Janna is usually more useful than the other folks are when underfarmed.

RedHaro 02-26-2013 04:20 PM

Try Taric/Sion bot lane... its wins bot lane easy.

Just gotta send a ADC that can solo to mid-lane... (sivir, woot spell shield)

doomed2death 02-26-2013 07:53 PM

I've been running dual AP kill lanes with much success w/ a friend.

Annie Ryze is ridiculous burst + lockdown and lategame (Ryze).

Veigar + Morganna also has ridiculous burst + lockdown and great lategame potentia (veigar)l.

I've also ran morganna +_ lux which is just hilarious.

But kill lanes are really only effective if you guys are pushed far enough and we gain enough earlier momentum so to counter us either pull the lane with a high sustain (soraka is really annoying withs ilence too).

Hi Its Mikasa 02-27-2013 08:08 AM

I honestly don't think kill bot lanes are anything unusual.
I've been running those lanes with my friend since season 1.
And honestly, people complaining about "I called this role or that role first!"
The current meta you all are familiar with was because Fnatic used it during season 1.
Meta is only meta if it works. If running ad mid, dual ap bot, adc/ad bruiser top no jungle works for you every single game, it works. Why stick only to old meta? Be innovative and try out new things

Jowabunga 02-27-2013 08:28 AM

have you seen Jarvan/Leona yet? That one's REAL fun.

Warrrrax 02-27-2013 09:22 AM

As mentioned the problem with "kill lanes" is that they have to share the XP and gold that 1 lane gives. That means each one will be underfarmed which is a big problem lategame.
As long as the normal ADC/support arent idiots and die repeatedly they will win later on.

One might say "well, just get a champ that doesnt take much farm" into the kill lane... we call those Support champs.