League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Dominion is far from broken (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3167949)

Warmeat 02-26-2013 03:18 AM

Dominion is far from broken

Whats wrong with Dominion is it goes so far to the right it branches out to a different player-base, players who are tired of Elitist players with there 4 friends methodically planning every ward, potion,buff and kill and preying on a team of 5 random players who will be sworn enemies at the end of the game. people who try to play like pros and think a ward and a ping will save them from early deaths, overly optimistic positions leading to early deaths and the fabled chase and die early in game. all this just leads to an easy win for the lucky team going against the unlucky set of ragtag random solo ques. so for a SOLO QUE 5v5 SR is broken,

i see many people on friends list only played there 10 saw there in bronze and just went on to do other non ranked modes. it's ranked so i dont blame the winning team,but something has to change because playing 5v5 is just not fun, it's more frustrating than fun, whats frustrating is you can be 15min in and the other team killed our team 20 times and you know there is no use, 30 min pass and it's just more and more face melting you can be in the game 45 min after the 15 min mark and never 1 time since the 15 have a chance to win. thats HIGHLY FRUSTRATING 1 lose can make me not wanna play 5v5 for weeks even if i win a few before.

atleast with Dominion i have seen many many many comps and have not seen or felt any overpowered 5 person man kill atleast not in any of the 46 wins i have gotten the past 3 weeks with Singed/lux/diana I just give some guidance to players who dont play it all day and dont know how Dominion is won and it's very winnable, the best game was when it was 240 to 7 and we eventually won 0-1 perseverance and not quit attitude and you can win in the Dominion.

Mightyal 02-26-2013 05:41 AM

Kass, teemo, jayce, Kha'zix,

UNITE!

PhreakInfinity 02-26-2013 05:44 AM

Once you get a higher Dom elo will you start to see comps, premades, similar champs, and similar summoner spells.

Madra 02-26-2013 06:21 AM

I tried playing Dominion recently and I think it's garbage. I don't think Season 3 changes were very good to it at all. Whichever team rolls out more of the chosen 5 or 6 champions that absolutely break any semblance of fairness wins and the only thing that keeps it close is the artificial respawn timer that gives the game mode an illusion of balance. Even as a place to try out unusual builds, it falls kind of flat on its face.

Rewenger 02-26-2013 06:39 AM

Quote:

I tried playing Dominion recently and I think it's garbage. I don't think Season 3 changes were very good to it at all. Whichever team rolls out more of the chosen 5 or 6 champions that absolutely break any semblance of fairness wins and the only thing that keeps it close is the artificial respawn timer that gives the game mode an illusion of balance. Even as a place to try out unusual builds, it falls kind of flat on its face.
And may I ask what's your win/loss ratio?

Orphane 02-26-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madra (Hozzászólás 35057126)

I tried playing ranked solo queue recently and I think it's garbage. I don't think Season 3 changes were very good to it at all. Whichever team rolls out more of the chosen 5 or 6 champions that absolutely break any semblance of fairness wins and the only thing that keeps it close is the artificial amounts of hp that gives the game mode an illusion of balance. Even as a place to try out unusual builds, it falls kind of flat on its face.

I, too, feel qualified to make hasty conclusions about a game mode I rarely play and have no idea what high level play on the mode actually involves! Try not to make yourself sound like too much of an idiot.

Froppi 02-26-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orphane (Hozzászólás 35061013)
I tried playing ranked solo queue recently and I think it's garbage. I don't think Season 3 changes were very good to it at all. Whichever team rolls out more of the chosen 5 or 6 champions that absolutely break any semblance of fairness wins and the only thing that keeps it close is the artificial amounts of hp that gives the game mode an illusion of balance. Even as a place to try out unusual builds, it falls kind of flat on its face.

I, too, feel qualified to make hasty conclusions about a game mode I rarely play and have no idea what high level play on the mode actually involves! Try not to make yourself sound like too much of an idiot.

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/87427

KaWraith 02-26-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warmeat (Hozzászólás 35055062)
5v5 is just not fun, it's more frustrating than fun, whats frustrating is you can be 15min in and the other team killed our team 20 times and you know there is no use, 30 min pass and it's just more and more face melting you can be in the game 45 min after the 15 min mark and never 1 time since the 15 have a chance to win. thats HIGHLY FRUSTRATING 1 lose can make me not wanna play 5v5 for weeks even if i win a few before.

atleast with Dominion i have seen many many many comps and have not seen or felt any overpowered 5 person man kill atleast not in any of the 46 wins i have gotten the past 3 weeks with Singed/lux/diana I just give some guidance to players who dont play it all day and dont know how Dominion is won and it's very winnable, the best game was when it was 240 to 7 and we eventually won 0-1 perseverance and not quit attitude and you can win in the Dominion.

Welcome to Dominion Warmeat, come because SR blues get you down, stay for the much more fun game mode, and the great community!

Dominion is a great mode and a heck of a lot of fun, and I'm glad you came by and found that to be true for you. feel free to join the dominatedominion chat room and learn even more about it.

Not that there aren't valid complaints being made about things ruining high elo dominion, and etc, but I think its kind of mean that you are getting shot down for posting that you to had come to realize that dominion is a lot of fun.

Whelp 02-26-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madra (Hozzászólás 35057126)

Crit Fiddles and tank/AS Kassadin don't really qualify as "unusual", they qualify as ruining the game for everyone on your team.

SR may be more balanced, but the game is definitely still playable.