League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Ap Yi. READ FIRST. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3165545)

Arientus 02-25-2013 11:01 AM

Ap Yi. READ FIRST.

Now before you say anything, I am asking for a nerf that ISN'T about damage or ANYTHING related to that.

I am completely OK with his meditank, and his damage output. Completely cool. But the range to hit you with his Q is really bad. It's not the initial range that he can cast it from that's the problem, It's the fact that each time he extends to another target, the range resets by half. So even if he is mid lane and you are hiding under your tower, He can still hit you with a fresh minion wave by chaining a Q.

CD's and Damage are ok, but this is just, not op, just, why should this be allowed.

EX: I'm hiding under my tower, too low to fight, recalling. Note that I am 200 BEHIND it. To keep him from just walking in and Alpha Striking. A fresh minion wave comes out, He targets the first one when it is in the middle of the lane FIGHTING THE OTHER MINIONS. Just to give you an idea of the location. He targets the first one, it extends to the second one, then the third one, at this point it's under my tower. Then at which extends to me and kills me. Even HE was surprised that got me. This happened several times throughout the game. Thus hitting me with an alpha strike from over 1200 away.

Eloquid 02-25-2013 11:10 AM

This. But I'm not ok with his stupid ap ratio on meditation. Not ok at all.

Spald 02-25-2013 11:12 AM

Generally to beat him before he gets CDR, just go in after he Qs. So many people run away after getting...even though he's completely harmless for about 20 seconds.

For your case, stand to the side of the lane when a wave is coming up and you know he's got Alpha strike off cooldown. If you're away from the minion wave, he's got to choose whether to only hit you or only hit the minions.

Arientus 02-25-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spald01 (Hozzászólás 35030027)
Generally to beat him before he gets CDR, just go in after he Qs. So many people run away after getting...even though he's completely harmless for about 20 seconds.

For your case, stand to the side of the lane when a wave is coming up and you know he's got Alpha strike off cooldown. If you're away from the minion wave, he's got to choose whether to only hit you or only hit the minions.

Normally I'd say yes to this but early game his Wuju Style and his passive gives him enough attack damage to finish you off after it. I'm not saying damage is the problem, It's how he hits you with it. Any amount of cc beats ap yi altogether, that's why i usualy play leblanc against him, but in this instance I was playing akali.

IceCreamSammich 02-25-2013 11:21 AM

I've seen AP Yi Alpha strike, and start to retreat. Then he would get mobbed by 4 or 5 of the enemy team. Now he meditates and actually gains health while being beat on by all these champs. Once Med is done, he Alpha's again, killing 2 or more, then chases the rest down. AP Yi is broken!!!

Spald 02-25-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceCreamSammich (Hozzászólás 35030289)
I've seen AP Yi Alpha strike, and start to retreat. Then he would get mobbed by 4 or 5 of the enemy team. Now he meditates and actually gains health while being beat on by all these champs. Once Med is done, he Alpha's again, killing 2 or more, then chases the rest down. AP Yi is broken!!!

I'm sorry, but if this is true then your team had to : 1) been so far behind in kills that an AP Sona would have killed you as well, 2) had absolutely 0 team CC. One silence, knockup, stun, or knockback would've ended his meditate, and 3) nobody used ignite during his meditate.

If you're having trouble with a fed AP Yi late game, never let someone in close with very low HP.

OhSavior 02-25-2013 12:22 PM

I agree, while I hate playing against any type of Yi, AP is the worst because of Alpha Strike. He can poke you with it so well for a melee champ. Early game it is a pretty effective harass and late game it can be a nuke. It just isn't right that he can target the head ofa minion wave and still hit you, all the while being untouchable and out of reach when the ability finishes. He can Q and then run away and W under his turret before he repeats the same thing.

SunKist Sudafed 02-25-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spald01 (Hozzászólás 35030027)

This is half wrong.. a smart AP yi will just melee last hit.. and only alpha when u come in to last hit urself.. thus ur sitting there helplessly watchig him farm while ur forced to just sit in xp range.. and hope u can collect some last hits under ur tower.. but of course by then the wave is pushed to u and ur taking alpha stikes under ur tower.. AP yi's alpha range needs fixed.