League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Katarina or Akali?? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3165420)

DeShadow058 02-25-2013 10:14 AM

Katarina or Akali??

i know that katarina was nerfed, and is now pretty much broken. and however akali apparently was buffed. so i was wondering which champ should i buy???

Checkerama 02-25-2013 10:15 AM

You just answered your own question.

SHMEEPS phd 02-25-2013 10:18 AM

^

Pawrdone 02-25-2013 11:03 AM

Depends on what you want out of the character.
Akali is amazing for 1v1, sometimes even 1v2 if she's been fed. However, She sucks at team fights. She has to come in late, and get the quick bursts down. So it requires a team that knows what they are doing.
Katarina, on the other hand, has much more of a team fight presence. She is one of the few AP mids that can accually engage. While akali would win 1v1 against katarina, katarina doesnt "need" to be fed to be a big threat.

As far as PvE goes, Akali has amazing input for things like dragon and baron, and very good lane sustain. Because of akali's passive, She is also better at cs'ing. And her low cooldowns give her the #1 sustainable magic-based DPS in the game. With a lich bane, your q will do some measily damage of like 350 to an inhibitor minion. However, your follow-up attack will easily hit above 1400 in just bonus magic damage.

Katarina can also use lich bane, but nowhere near as effectively. What she lacks in PvE, she makes up in proection, as few teams will want to engage near baron or dragon, even if you have 1 person split pushing bot. The cramped quarters often lead to devastating damages by katarina, and do little to even delay her team from taking baron.

So in the end, it depends on what kind of people you are playing with. If you are with feeders, katarina would be better. If your team knows what they are doing, building right, and have a general feel for focusing and teamfights, akali would be better. If you are playing with experienced friends, and happen to have direct means of conversation for better team organization, katarina is the better way to go.
Roughly:
Akali for level 30 normals, or bronze ranked
Katarina for gold+
Either for silver

Thats just how I personally analyze the champions, aside from builds. Goodluck! Also, both are viable tops and mids, but from what I hear, katarina is being played top more than she is being played mid. (As of s3 changes, I've gotten confirmation from several diamond players.)

Also, sorry i talk so much.

**Edit
If you have trouble learning akali, try watching some of westrices videos. I had a lot of trouble learning my positioning originally, because she is a very different character from any you will see. Although his videos are from s2, his positioning is still accurate.
Also, you will hear a lot of debate as far as building her; Feel free to do so in anyway you feel matches your play style. Westrice likes going hextech gunblade first. I prefer getting the revolver -> Rabadons -> Rylais or lich bane, simply because I take a more offensive route to laning, so the sustain from life steal is unneeded. Don't be afraid to mix things up! And, lastly, the recent "buffs" to akali were only to her passive. AD Reds are no longer standard for the passive activation, but that doesnt mean you can't still use them. I do, and it works fine. Also helps with cs'ing. I Can't stress enough how important it is to play akali comfortably to yourself, not to the standards of others.

SeCKS Egai 02-25-2013 11:05 AM

I would be thinking more along the lines of which one you actually enjoyed more.

FinnaKillYall 02-25-2013 01:40 PM

I'm sorry, how is kat broken by the nerfs?

Pawrdone 02-25-2013 01:55 PM

@FinnaKillYall

I think theyre saying the reduction to 175% AP was a nerf, and the increase to 200% AP makes her ult broken.

PlanetOne 04-23-2013 07:37 PM

You should get Lee Sin. LOOL I would go for Akali. I have both of them but Kat doesn't deal that much damage at all and isn't good in early game.

xxxhellbirdxxx 04-23-2013 09:07 PM

every time i play against kat i have totally different experience she always deal crazy damage and be tanky ive litterly watched her get a penta from doing her spin i think personally she is a noob charecter not hard to learn i perfere akali because she is not a noob champ but is still pretty op if shes built right

Wellmanator 04-24-2013 06:20 AM

I have both champs and I find akali more of a noob character then kat. Akali was one of the first champs I bought and was very easy to learn and use ( as long as they dont buy pinks) I find kat has a slow first couple levels but after that can snowball very well if she gets a kill or two