League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Udyr and the Stance Dance Revolution (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=31642)

VeritasLuxMea 12-03-2009 09:58 AM

Udyr and the Stance Dance Revolution

So first of all let me say that i agree with the popular opinion that Udyr is probably a bit underpowered and needs a more clearly defined role/roles. However after playing him quite a bit in some higher ELO games ive noticed a few things that he DOES have going for him and just wanted to share some of the possible roles i think he may have atm.

1. Baiter/Pusher. You know those really irritating Mundos that push one lane by themselves lategame and when your team shows up to gank them they seem to escape by the skin of their teeth everytime only to show up again 2 minutes later at full health? Udyr can be that guy too. with a pair of mercury treads and enough CD reduction a turtle/bear dancing Udyr can escape from even the stickiest situations and out run all but the fastest champions.

2. Team battle support. The key to this strategy as with the other is bear/turtle dancing. Turtle shield is pretty weak atm but with enough CD reduction you can refresh it every few seconds and then you start to notice yourself become alot more durable than before. Use bear to accelerate to the next person in the group battle and rotate stuns on them. I know that this strategy requires alot of things to go right, mainly that you are not being focussed or harassed, but in my experience you wont be, Your Udyr, you suck , they will focus the carries 1st leaving you with enough time to work your magic. Basically just keep changing stances each time they come off CD making sure to refresh turtle shield ASAP with a sheen/trin force and firefox waves you will be doing non-negligible damage and stunning alot, useful but still not a good clear defined always viable role.

3. Jungler? Maybe im not sold on this yet need more raw data.

The key to Udyr is Attack speed and CD reduction. if you can get 40% reduction you can change stances once every 2-3 seconds and have a much better uptime on monkey buffs AND all of your stance bonuses. Nashors tooth is amazing for him as is guinsoo blade, the only mandatory item i see for him at this point is trinity force/sheen.

They key to playing Udyr effectively is keeping turtle shield up as much as possible at 40% CD reduction you should be able to refresh the shield aproximately once every 3-4 seconds (not sure exactly) and a 300 point shield every 4 seconds is nothing to scoff at.

Feedback Comments Criticisms are all welcome

reks 12-03-2009 10:03 AM

stance dance is a terrible term please stop using it ^_^

Cleo 12-03-2009 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reks (Hozzászólás 351435)
stance dance is a terrible term please stop using it ^_^

i like the term so keep using it ^_^

Tikor 12-03-2009 10:12 AM

Stance Dance Revolution is funny and accurate. Keep it up.

Also, good advice. Trinity + mercury + nashors ftw?

Noetherian 12-03-2009 12:32 PM

Disclaimer: I haven't played Udyr much, and I've never tried Cooldown reduction with him.

Hitting 40% Cooldown reduction seems interesting. However, doesn't stance dancing that often create mana concerns? What kind of mana/regen items do you need to get to support stance dancing?

TomatoBisque 12-03-2009 12:36 PM

His stances only cost 40-80 mana depending on your level, so it's like maybe 50 every 2-3 seconds. That's not very much, especially since whenever you go Turtle, 20% of your autoattack damage is returned in mana.

Dragoonleader 12-03-2009 01:48 PM

when you mentioned jungling, i got extremely curious.... since tiger splits attacks into 3 smaller attacks, would that mean that the 12% chance would apply for all three hits?

Masochist 12-03-2009 02:10 PM

I've found that the sword of the divine works pretty well with Tiger stance.

Just some input~

Glutmire 12-03-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoonleader (Hozzászólás 352605)
when you mentioned jungling, i got extremely curious.... since tiger splits attacks into 3 smaller attacks, would that mean that the 12% chance would apply for all three hits?

Only effects on the first hit, but the 12-20%ish attack speed is nice, plus the 15 or so on your passive.... i don't remember the numbers... however i would use it for the attack speed and the 2xdamage effect but switch it out to another one as quick as i can.

VeritasLuxMea 12-03-2009 03:20 PM

STANCE DANCE REVOLUTION UPDATE.

Uorsin and I theory-crafted an interesting attack damage/speed build which shows great promise in preliminary testing. For those of you who want to play a slightly more agressive Udyr who plays more like a carry than a support then this build is for you.

Prioritize turtle then tiger then bear leaving phoenix at 3 ranks

Stinger
Brutalizer
Boots (personal preference, but berserker works well)
sheen
phage
Upgrade to trin force
sword of the divine

Great damage output, maintains 35% CD reduction and will let you actually rip peoples faces off.