League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Champions that get no love... (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3164029)

CorsoKO 02-24-2013 09:26 PM

Champions that get no love...

Who are some champions that you think are very underplayed that actually have nothing wrong with them... In other words who do you think is the most underplayed/under-appreciated champion in the game?For instance I never see Trundle or Karma get any play? Why? Should they be buffed?

Mister Simple 02-24-2013 09:30 PM

I know a guy who mains Karma and boy is it deadly! I feel Poppy also doesn't get much love either but she's a terrific pick.

For Trundle, I've always liked him as a jungler since he has good clear speeds, good health in the jungle, and his ganks aren't all that bad if you can land the wall but I can't play characters without gap closers. :/ I'm sure he is deadly in the hands of a pro.

Another deadly champ I've seen is Heimerdinger. People who are good with Heimer are scary!

CorsoKO 02-24-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZOOMxTactic (Hozzászólás 35012859)

Another deadly champ I've seen is Heimerdinger. People who are good with Heimer are scary!

That's what I'm saying. A good Heimer is really scary. Maybe people just don't want to take the time to learn the complexities of certain champs... I understand there is a meta that determines who might be the most viable. But I would argue that any champ with (almost) any build is viable if you know how to make it work... I just think there are a lot of champs that are played just because other people play them. Too many are sheep just listening to whoever saying that Darius is OP or whatever when in fact he's not OP at all he's actually quite easy to counter. I don't know I just find something so fulfilling in kicking someone's ass with a random champ like Urgot or whatever...

Mister Simple 02-24-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorsoKO (Hozzászólás 35013034)
That's what I'm saying. A good Heimer is really scary. Maybe people just don't want to take the time to learn the complexities of certain champs... I understand there is a meta that determines who might be the most viable. But I would argue that any champ with (almost) any build is viable if you know how to make it work... I just think there are a lot of champs that are played just because other people play them. Too many are sheep just listening to whoever saying that Darius is OP or whatever when in fact he's not OP at all he's actually quite easy to counter. I don't know I just find something so fulfilling in kicking someone's ass with a random champ like Urgot or whatever...

I agree. Most people didn't even play Hecarim or Malphite before they became mainstream and I've always considered them really powerful. It's only during those competitions they become popular and get banned constantly...

In short, people ARE sheep.

CorsoKO 02-24-2013 09:40 PM

I think that Hecarim will definitely be in the "Top Tier" of junglers this season. It just seems like increasing base movement speeds across the board and making the utility tree stronger really worked in Hecarim's favor. As a jungler I'm looking forward to picking him up when I have the IP.

Virginslaya 02-25-2013 07:26 AM

Sejuani's tank/jungle potential is off the charts as well. If you can pull off proper ganks with her she's really useful. The ultimate she has can decide teamfights if you have an AOE ultimate on your side, say Anivia for example. I've seen a few Sejuani lead some crushing defeats before. And personally I don't find her bad or that hard to play at all, try picking her up in a future free week and see for yourself.

Capt Carmine 02-25-2013 07:29 AM

I think twitch and kennen, are both ridiculously strong, underappreciated characters, like i dont know why rodent type characters get absolutely no play

iamblamb 02-25-2013 08:27 AM

i really like kennen in top lane, and i've seen more good twitches in the past 2 weeks than all last season.

EpicTortle 02-25-2013 08:31 AM

Urgot. ;_;

Eloquid 02-25-2013 12:18 PM

I finally had chance to try Trundle this free week and I'm pleasantly surprised how fun and good he is. As for mentioned Urgot, he's one of top picks on Dominion.