League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Hey Diana players, I got a question for you folks... (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3158874)

Rustmaker 02-23-2013 11:30 AM

Hey Diana players, I got a question for you folks...

So I really like Diana and have been playing her whenever I get the chance (which is rare because mid is so highly sought after :(). I've been doing really well with her but I seem to have an issue with her W (the orbs). The hitbox for the orbs seems so wonky - I think I'm hitting the targets with my ult but usually I can only get 2 orbs to explode while the 3rd orb just sorta misses completely. This has happened on a couple of occasions in lane, so I'm wondering what I should do to position myself to hit them more consistently. Do I need to be like humping the targets in order to get them to blow up or what?

I know this section of LoL doesn't get as much attention as GD, so I'm posting here in the hopes that I can get some actual advice from people who actually care. :)

GundayMonday 02-23-2013 01:25 PM

It hits more than just champions. I've found that if you ulti/flash into champs near creeps that it's easier to get the bonus shield to proc. You do need to be pretty close for them to go off though, tiny hit box.

Cenerae 02-23-2013 02:08 PM

Remember that each orb rotates around her, and that the back orb's going to have to swing around the front to detonate on your target. Said target might well have moved by the time it spins around where you want it to be.

It's more reliable for AoE situations, but if you keep yourself close to your intended target you should be able to get all 3 to pop. As Gunday says, the hitbox for the things are pretty small.

Rustmaker 02-23-2013 03:55 PM

Thanks for the feedback! I think what's happening is that I tend to jump on them and pop 2 orbs, but then back off slightly before the last orb hits (expecting the travel time to of the orbs to be a bit faster and to hit them with the last orb on the retreat). I probably just need to wait a half-second longer before I back off so that I can get the shield to refresh. :)

The Magus 02-23-2013 04:26 PM

She can still jungle pretty well too, can't she?

Cenerae 02-24-2013 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Magus (Hozzászólás 34974636)
She can still jungle pretty well too, can't she?

She can, but she's kinda blue reliant if she wants to have good clear times. Her first clear can be a little shaky but after that she's fine. Her pre-6 ganking is a bit iffy though.

(edit - and of course, I get downvoted with no rebuttal offered. Got to love the forums sometimes.)

AlmightyShenron 02-25-2013 07:26 AM

a great way to land orbs is to save them up, and combo the enemy. land your q, then ult them (try not to dive) then quickly throw up your w, and when they look ready to leave, pull them back with your e. that should almost definitely land all 3 orbs.

Vaalaa 02-26-2013 04:52 AM

She is very close of OP champion. I play her time to time. Just take time to learn how playing her right. Once done, you will be someone to fear :)